• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Jeez that pokemon direct going to be 2 days after my grades show up..... if my grade sucked then the direct automatically will suck for me no matter how good its.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Honest question because I don't remember.

Were there mini games in the N64 Stadium games?

I played the hell out of Pokémon Stadium and I don't remember or if there was caring about the mini games.

And sure why not? Add some mini games to it. No sweat off my back. My pitch/idea is something to complement Sword Shield before it comes out that way Game Freak doesn't release a demo which will get data mine to hell and back. Doesn't even need to be a full price game since the rewards you get from the tournaments would be minimum at best besides the Mythical I mentioned.

I think I played those more than the actual battles

Pokemon-Stadium-Sushi-1437575843.gif

Pokemon-Stadium-Dig-1437576018.gif

Clefairy-Pokemon-Stadium-1437575748.gif
tumblr_mwqd2s9mGk1rqjnxgo5_500.gif

DefinitiveSereneEquine-size_restricted.gif

Oct 26, 2017
In terms of spin-offs I've had the idea of a Stadium like game that also includes a whole Battle Frontier worth of additional facilities ever since they pulled that tease in ORAS.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Waiiiiiiit if they're getting POKEMON out of the way before an E3 Direct they must have some stuff coming our way. I can't see them letting just Animal Crossing dominate the conversation at E3.
Third party, Monolithsoft, Astral Chain, Zelda, Luigi's mansion, maybe a bit of FE and DxM, surprises...
AC will probably be "one of the game of the direct", not even sur they'll finish or introduce the video with it.
I could see Monolith get the first game spot (they did in 2017 and almost did in 2018 with the DLC which was second to DxM.

Oct 26, 2017
what would a staduim game be though? in the past it was to let people battle on tv, but now its on the switch?

The main appeal of the old Stadium games is of course no longer relevant.
In this hypothetical game the main appeal would shift towards the additional special rules battle modes that are offered instead.
I'm not entirely sure if they could come up with a game that has an attractive enough value proposition when it focuses only on those things though...

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019
In the tweet they are only talking about sword and shield but in the February Pokemon Direct. Tsunekazu Ishihara mentioned that Pokemon Sword and Shield its not all that we can look forward to in 2019 for Pokemon brand. Maybe Pokken 2?
No, Pokkén was bad, so bad. OmG i don't know where to start.

I hope for a Mystery dungeon hd game, the series deserves the spotlight.

I wont be watching the direct due to the incoming gen 8 spoilers.
Have fun folks.
I can't do this.
Nothing beats the experience of a blind playthrough and you know nothing about anything. Every new pokemon encounter will be exciting and this translates into something amazing

Deleted member 54216

Banned
Feb 26, 2019
Speak for yourself, it did better critically than most spinoffs (and main games), sold well enough and is still played competitively.
Doesnt means it is a good game, especially in the pokemon context.

The Twitch description states that the direct focuses on Sword shield so i'm expecting a lot of time to be focused on that and not so much time invested in a new, unannounced Pokémon game.

Oct 26, 2017
While I could definitely see Let's Go Johto games coming next year, I really doubt they would announce them this far in advance.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Doesnt means it is a good game, especially in the pokemon context.

The Twitch description states that the direct focuses on Sword shield so i'm expecting a lot of time to be focused on that and not so much time invested in a new, unannounced Pokémon game.

The Pokémon Direct will solely focus on Sword/Shield and no other games. You might see new games in the conference later.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Pokémon Stadium does not make sense today. And unless Mystery Dungeon can reuse the Pokémon assets of the other games, it's not a viable HD franchise.

Pokken has high-quality modeling already done on which it would be easy to expand.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pokémon Stadium does not make sense today. And unless Mystery Dungeon can reuse the Pokémon assets of the other games, it's not a viable HD franchise.

Pokken has high-quality modeling already done on which it would be easy to expand.
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon used the standard Pokémon 3D assets Creatures Inc. made. It's standard across the franchise to use those models now. GO uses them, the TCG even uses them

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just don't make a Mystery Dungeon on mobile. After pokemon rumble and pokemon shuffle went mobile, it's looking like most of the old spin-off series are just getting mobile versions now.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just don't make a Mystery Dungeon on mobile. After pokemon rumble and pokemon shuffle went mobile, it's looking like most of the old spin-off series are just getting mobile versions now.

I can handle mobile (I have put £100 into Rumble Rush, full amount into Magikarp Jump, god knows how much to cover Shuffle well and GO), but mobile and Mystery Dungeon may be my breaking point

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
Eevee had one year of marketing before launching Let's Go Eeevee, despite being a well-known Pokémon. I don't see them releasing Let's Go Togepi out of nowhere, I wouldn't be surprised if they released some expansion like Let's Go to Johto.

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully we get nothing on the likes of Let's Go Johto.

Hoping we do get an expansion for Pokémon Quest, maybe a TCG game for the switch or a new Pokémon snap.

Or something totally new. Just not another Let's Go game.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Port begging.
Pokémon for Xbox/PC/PS4.

The brand is too big to stay locked to Nintendo hardware, a bit like how MS allow Minecraft to be released for other consoles.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pokémon for Xbox/PC/PS4.

The brand is too big to stay locked to Nintendo hardware, a bit like how MS allow Minecraft to be released for other consoles.
Yeah. Let's have Mario on PS4 too and Uncharted on Switch while we're at it

Nintendo own Pokémon (all International trademarks and shared ownership in Japan. They own a third of the franchise outright) and always have. Minecraft is on other platforms because it was on other platforms before Microsoft bought it. It's not a comparable situation

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if we will hear anything regarding Pokémon Go at the conference.

Pokémon for Xbox/PC/PS4.

You forgot to add your obligatory "don't @ me". ;)

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I wonder if we will hear anything regarding Pokémon Go at the conference.
It's a possibility. The game technically hasn't hit Version 1 yet. Perhaps we'll get an Ingress Prime like upgrade.

However, as Niantic are focusing on Harry Potter right now, I'm not expecting it

Mar 30, 2019
I don't really see what your example is supposed to tell me. Not all attacks are balanced, some are much stronger than others like in any RPG.

By that logic pokemon could add a 300 power attack with 100 accuracy which causes paralyse and confuses and allways is a critical hit.
Hey. Some attacks are stronger than others like in any RPG.
Do you really think balancing is unimportant?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
So is mobile expected to play a big part in today's thing? I mean there's this confirmed thing with DeNa and all, plus this being world-wide ... feels like more than "just" some spin-off games for Switch.

Nintendo own Pokémon (all International trademarks and shared ownership in Japan. They own a third of the franchise outright) and always have. Minecraft is on other platforms because it was on other platforms before Microsoft bought it. It's not a comparable situation

Oh nice, i was about to ask about some short explanation about the Pokemon ownership stuff. Thanks. ^^

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So is mobile expected to play a big part in today's thing? I mean there's this confirmed thing with DeNa and all, plus this being world-wide ... feels like more than "just" some spin-off games for Switch.
I'm fully expecting the DeNA game to be the focal part of the press conference

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Let's have Mario on PS4 too and Uncharted on Switch while we're at it

Normally I'd agree but with the way the industry is going (and rumoured) to be going it seems that Nintendo, MS and Sony are working together against the assault from Google and Amazon.

Also, as a business, why would Nintendo want to limit their sales to 15 million units of a Pokemon game when they could sell another 30 million units by releasing an older game or a spin off on the other platforms ASWELL as the latest exclusive Pokemon on Switch.

Pokemon is one of the few franchises that could sell very, very well across all platforms.

It probably won't happen but given recent events in the industry, it's never had a higher chance of happening. Go is also 'multi platform' and not available on a Nintendo branded device already between iOS and Android.

I own a Switch and have never played more than a few hours of traditional Pokemon so it makes no difference to me. I'm very much looking forward to the new one though as I couldn't get into 'Let's Go!'.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Normally I'd agree but with the way the industry is going (and rumoured) to be going it seems that Nintendo, MS and Sony are working together against the assault from Google and Amazon.

Also, as a business, why would Nintendo want to limit their sales to 15 million units of a Pokemon game when they could sell another 30 million units by releasing an older game or a spin off on the other platforms ASWELL as the latest exclusive Pokemon on Switch.

Pokemon is one of the few franchises that could sell very, very well across all platforms.

It probably won't happen but given recent events in the industry, it's never had a higher chance of happening. Go is also 'multi platform' and not available on a Nintendo branded device already between iOS and Android.

I own a Switch and have never played more than a few hours of traditional Pokemon so it makes no difference to me. I'm very much looking forward to the new one though as I couldn't get into 'Let's Go!'.
There's a difference between a mobile game and putting dedicated games on other dedicated devices. It's not happening. You're just wanting to scrap first party exclusives. It won't happen while dedicated devices exist.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

I own a Switch and have never played more than a few hours of traditional Pokemon so it makes no difference to me.

That's not how it works. That's not how any of it works.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Hopefully we get nothing on the likes of Let's Go Johto.

Hoping we do get an expansion for Pokémon Quest, maybe a TCG game for the switch or a new Pokémon snap.

Or something totally new. Just not another Let's Go game.
Pokemon Quest update with a second island and Johto Pokemon would be great. Its the one Pokemon mobile game I want them to support, it was so well polished and had glimmers of promise for what it offered

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

As a business Pokemon is also one of the most important games to sell Nintendo dedicated Hardware and thus get people into the Nintendo ecosystem, which then generates recurring revenue with no split to their competition (Nintendo would have to give some money to sony and microsoft just to be able to sell on their platforms).

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's natural for people on Resetera to go straight to new Switch spin offs of beloved series, but I really don't think it'll be the vibe of the conference. I'm more expecting some bigger and less specific stuff related to the expansion of the Pokémon brand, like a theme park, new stores, new merch lines, some mobile app, movies... Maybe one or two games as well but I doubt it'll be the focus.

Notice how Nintendo only advertised the Sword and Shield Direct, not the conference. I don't think the Switch will be factored much.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I know it's natural for people on Resetera to go straight to new Switch spin offs of beloved series, but I really don't think it'll be the vibe of the conference. I'm more expecting some bigger and less specific stuff related to the expansion of the Pokémon brand, like a theme park, new stores, new merch lines, some mobile app, movies... Maybe one or two games as well but I doubt it'll be the focus.

Notice how Nintendo only advertised the Sword and Shield Direct, not the conference. I don't think the Switch will be factored much.
Like I said, they removed the word "Video Game" from the conference name.

However you can't use Nintendo advertising it as a signal for anything. Last year there was no heads up or advertising

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.