• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Doesnt the wild area stretch across every city? It's effectively just an open world option if you don't want to use the usual routes. It sounded that way anyway.
I dunno if it's like that but there definitely seems to be more than one wild area at least based on the variety of terrain shown

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I was going to get Shield, but that wolf is SO bad. Now I have to convince my brother to swap with me so I get the good dog.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well, it looks good - they are really going in on the Zelda BotW angle. They even had similar music cues when they showed the field.
The dynamax battles look like a stupid gimmick. No idea why that has to be in there, when it looks like the game would be easily standing on it's own otherwise.

I think I'm in. Tried Let's Go and really didn't like it. Hopefully they'll have some true rivalry in the story this time. Everyone was way too nice in the remake.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I watched the video but was unsure. Did random battles disappear? Are we back to pokemon appearing on the map like in Lets Go?

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Wait is there only one open area? Because it seemed like there was desert as well as the grass/lakes, which suggests its quite big? I thought they said you could get between cities going through the open area

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never thought that I would say this, but I actually really dig those legends, even if they look so similar. idk why but they managed to make a wolf holding a sword in his mouth look badass
Dark Souls already did that a long time ago

great_grey_wolf_sif_combat_ready.jpg

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Dynamax is just Mega Evolution, but shittier. It's not permanent and it doesn't even give you a new Pokémon design. Meh.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Dynamax is just the Pokémon Go effect. And the legendary Pokémon aren't that impressive, but we've already seen that coming with the logos, so I'm hoping to find other "cooler" legendaries in the game.

I loved the new Pokémon, and as I said, they would re-use similar concepts of already known Pokémon: Mareep / Jumpluff

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really cool! I quite like the new Pokemon designs they showed off! The crow is especially cool. Also they didn't even show that many returning Pokemon, but I liked all of their choices, really nice to see Pancham again for example.

Dynamaxing seems kind of like a further generalization of the Totem Pokemon in Sun and Moon, which I liked a lot. I wonder if it'll be feasible to beat the game without dynamaxing yourself? I think I'll try if only for the additional challenge.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Be honest, which bizarro dimension are you from?
how come?

The way is sounded and shown in the Direct is it's any wild area between towns. So not just a single location
It looks like they roam outside in the wild area, but earlier in the trailer it looked like they are doing something newish where you can see where the hidden Pokemon on the grass are but not what they look like.
i hope it's random in normal areas, with one big area (the free camera one) where they're visible. that's the best scenario imo.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun.
One info i think i missed, was the entire wild area multiplayer based, or only the raid mission?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Wait is there only one open area? Because it seemed like there was desert as well as the grass/lakes, which suggests its quite big? I thought they said you could get between cities going through the open area
I'm looking at it like Zelda 64. You have a central open area and then once you leave it it goes back to "dungeons" (old Pokemon style).

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Dynamaxing is basically just Mega Evolution and Z moves combined into a single idea. The pokemon basically mega evolves for 3 turns and gets to fire off 3 z moves.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Dynamax could turn out to be something substantial if it isn't simply padded stats. This franchise really needs some spicing up to the battle formula. I like what currently exists but surely they can dig a little deeper.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I missed the direct cause I'm at work, took a bathroom break to watch it and it's not on yet.

When do they usually upload the directs after they happen?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Am not a fan of the boxarts at all, especially the Shield Wolf, but god, I love that the legendaries are wolves. It was in the logos all of this time. I am a bit iffy of the Shield one, but I think it will grow on me.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about that Dynamax mechanic, but everything else looked great. The legendaries were pretty cool. That double pack is tempting but I don't like physical carts to lug around. Hopefully there'll be a digital version as well.

BusinessKong

Dec 3, 2018
Looks good. Glad to see some free roam areas with Pokemon walking around. I may be in the minority, but I like Shield doggo more than Sword doggo. Anyone also notice they never said play with your friends online? Is this another Mario Maker 2 situation?

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
+New Pokemon look great.
+Open world area with roaming Pokemon and free camera is a great step forward.
+Raid battles could be fun.

-Legendaries are hilariously bad.
-Literally wtf is that box art.
-Dynamax is just another lame once per battle gimmick like Mega's and Z-Moves.

I wonder if this will be the most one sided selling gen with how ugly that shield wolf is.

Status
Not open for further replies.