• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I see you're a man of culture as well.
04d.gif

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
The defense force is embarrassing. The game looks dated, and the art style proposed isn't something that couldn't be pushed further or improved. BOTW looks better.

Guess we'll keep holding pokemon as this holy, devoid of criticism, game series.
I would say defending a hyperbolic comment like that is more "embarrassing".

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
The defense force is embarrassing. The game looks dated, and the art style proposed isn't something that couldn't be pushed further or improved. BOTW looks better.

Guess we'll keep holding pokemon as this holy, devoid of criticism, game series.
It's true that Pokemon never had cutting edge graphics, however, i think that we should have in mind that Pokemon is a franchise that at least to some extent, stacks content with each new gen.

It carries over old pokemon, plus the newer ones, and then you have to model and animate one by one, the old moves and new moves as well, so there is a lot of work to be done. Not defending, just pointing out a detail that might weight on the graphical fidelity aspect.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Lol I like how you say you don't want to open your eyes but managed to type the post. Better to be up early than be late and miss it though!
Hey maybe I typed this and the previous message by having my eyes closed! Jk lol yeah it does sound weird but since the light is in my room it's hard for me to keep em closed so I have no choice but to stay up.

But yeah I'm really hyped for this. It's actually probably why my body woke up so early lol.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
You can give negative comments without using stupid hyperbole, it's not that difficult.
There is no hyperbole. I chose my words wisely. Look at Okami and Final Fantasy 12, realize that they are 14 years old and then look at this game of the biggest franchise in the world.

I expect more of them, some people seemingly not.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I wonder what the Gen 1 promotion will be this time aside from Armored Mewtwo and Charizard.

I'm joking lol but at the same time I feel like something is gonna be announced.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
It still baffles me that in 2019 we still have to have conversations about graphics =/= quality but here we are I guess.

I'm ready to protect my anxious boy Sobble until he grows up and we destroy this region.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

lol

Plenty of people have said the game looks disappointing. That's fine.

But saying the game looks like a PS2 game is flatout incorrect and disingenuous. You can criticize without being flatout wrong.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not much longer left now. I'd write a list of wants, but there isn't enough time at this point, might as well see what we have on offer.

I've been itching for a good pokemon experience for over a year now.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
We don't need hyperbole but the graphics could absolutely be better. You won't really change minds on that.

Beje

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the Gen 1 promotion will be this time aside from Armored Mewtwo and Charizard.

I'm joking lol but at the same time I feel like something is gonna be announced.

After Let's Go, the less Gen 1 we get, the better
although I don't mind some sprinkles of obscure and/or under-used Gen 1 pokémon like Tangela or Venonat

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
There is no hyperbole. I chose my words wisely. Look at Okami and Final Fantasy 12, realize that they are 14 years old and then look at this game of the biggest franchise in the world.

I expect more of them, some people seemingly not.

Perhaps you should go back and play the PS2 version of FF12. Great looking game for it's time but, not so much now and it looks far worse than SwSh. There are issues with the graphics that we've seen so far such as low res textures and lack of AA but there are plenty of good things too such as the lighting, use of AO, clutter density etc. Not to mention (as of the time of the first trailer) the game was running at 1080p.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
No problem.
Play those games, they are good games.
Have the time of your life and life Ave those who prefer play Pokémon, this time, do it without this unnecessary negativity.
I made no comment about what you are supposed to do. I merely voiced my opinion that I find the visuals in the newest Pokemon game totally lackluster. People acting as if I am insulting them.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
This direct will be 15 straight minutes of educating people on why Scorbunny is the best.

D0bhLDCXcAEqpVu.jpg

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, the leaks in the other thread are real?
Huh, can't say I'm particular excited then :/

Status
Not open for further replies.