• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon games don't even let you skip cutscenes like most games. I have no faith that they would let us skip through dialogue if it was voice acted.

This is a game series that makes you mash the A button for every time you pick up an item because of course you'll forget which pocket of your bag your new pokeball is placed in.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
All i want is for them to show more expressions from the avatars. The main turn off from sun/moon to me was them smiling all the time,regardless of what happens on scree. Dragon quest stories had a really expressive protagonist,idk why gamefreak cant do the same.

From what i saw so far its at least better than sun/moon in that department

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1444860582_gta3%202015-10-14%2008-34-39-858.jpg

pokemon-sword-shield-1.jpg

shhhhh
facts don't work here
only ignorance

Jun 2, 2019
Meh, ignore it. Pokémon has never been a powerhouse anyway (The RPGs at least)

It's not graphics exactly what i ask from a Pokémon game, that's just a bonus.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Graphically it does look meh, but also fine enough I suppose.. Should look better really however.

The main thing I'd want is for it to always be fully behind the back at least. Stop with the selective angles.

Games from the early 360 gen look about the same or better.

I'm interested in what the actual game info is gonna be though.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
I'm super excited! The Direct's kind of in the middle of university for me so that's not optimal but I hope I'll be able to catch it before I inevitably get spoiled by social media.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
I just want the games to stop feeling like a Game Boy game. Seriously, everything is just so static, the way information gets broadcast to the player in battles for examples is still the exact same thing as three decades ago.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Dang it I woke up way too early lol. I can wait the hour but my head still hurts like crazy so I don't want to really open my eyes.

Jan 9, 2018
Reminds me of when people said Xenoblade 2 looked like a PS2 game. Good times. They never played PS2 games.
To be honest, I also though Ocarina of time 3D looked the same as the original in N64, until I saw a side by side comparison and realize how ugly that game was and how pretty it looks now. Nostalgia glasses are real.

But yeah, this pokemon looks great! this lovely art style in high definition is the best!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
We really have gone full circle in this thread now. Direct save me before they start dumping on my faves again.

Jun 2, 2019
Oct 25, 2017
The defense force is embarrassing. The game looks dated, and the art style proposed isn't something that couldn't be pushed further or improved. BOTW looks better.

Guess we'll keep holding pokemon as this holy, devoid of criticism, game series.
To be fair it's only a select few as mentioned. Also I think the old console comparisons don't help. Lot easier to just say it's not graphically impressive without the whole it looks like a ps1 game thing

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i wonder if the "this game looks like a ps2 game" thing will ever stop. it started with the wii and carried on to the switch.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not upset, it's just that knowing Pokémon's history in the graphics department, these kind of comments comes out as disingenous and trolling. It's just tiresome.

*sigh* Whatever, man

So, because there's a history of lack of focus on graphics you can't criticize that? on the HD era? with all the money gamefreak gets for these games? and all the talent and years of experience they have as devs?

lol.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still mourning the megas :(

why do they keep dropping mechanics that were introduced before?

Status
Not open for further replies.