• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a typical Pokemon game so far.

Nothing wrong with that, but aside from the new region and Pokemon, it doesn't look like there are any gameplay innovations or radical new features at all.

So not as ambitious a new step as I was hoping.
Given they showed random encounters, that means it's actually taking a step backwards from the previous games lol.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
By Pokemon Direct standards, that was fantastic. It looks great, and seems to be all I was hoping for minus a free camera.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
How are people disappointed in the graphics? It looks gorgeous — much better than I anticipated, albeit still with a fixed camera.

Don't know what to think of the starters yet. None of them grab me, but they all have great potential for evolutions, which'll be the deciding factor as always.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Wait, did people expect anything more than the 3DS engine in HD? lol
I'm also entertained by the fact that Let's Go ended up being more of a step forward than this, by what we are seeing now.
Anyway, region, artstyle, starters, all looks good. I'm buying it.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my issue with them:

They all take the same general shape. Too smooth, too round, no well-defined details. All 3 looks like they come from the same base. All of them look like they can't support the weight of their own heads. Starters... need some bulk, y'know? They can't be cute if they don't look somewhat plausible. Maybe it's the case where the same designer designed all 3? I'm not sure.

Another Grass monkey.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My choice to completely ignore Let's Go was a good one, I think. This is a Pokémon game I actually want to play.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I actually prefer Random encounter vs visible ones.

Late 2019, sounds like Nov. 10-20th again like let's Go.

Team Sobble

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing tbh, same old

giphy.gif

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks alright but that was a bad presentation. No sense of excitement. Was there even any music?

digit_zero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed but not surprised random encounters are back, but all in all, this looks far better than I expected. I came in expected Let's Go but with a new region, so can't complain.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
Starters look a bit uninspired. I'm also surprised they went for random battles.

Deep down I was hoping that enemies would actually be living in the overworld (a bit like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or even Let's Go).

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Love it! Starters need some time to grow on me, so far my pick would be Grookey, but that might change. Game looks great though.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it, I'm gonna see the starters evolutions before I decide who I pick.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm still in, but it definitely killed my hype a bit. I wanted to say "holy crap!" but instead I said, "Yep, that's Pokemon."

Honestly I should have been expecting that, I'm a damn fool.

And those starters. Yikes.

cmChimera

Oct 28, 2017
I'm disappointed in the visuals, disappointed in the lack of a platypus, and disappointed in the comeback of random encounters.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No on field encounters and no controllable camera

I shouldn't be surprised they would find a way to make me disappointed but they did. The game and starters look good though

Status
Not open for further replies.