• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Pokemon Cheese 'n Ham
Pokemon Slip 'n Slide
Pokemon Salt 'n Pepper
Pokemon Sweet 'n Sour
Pokemon Nice 'n Spicy
Pokemon Big 'n Clever
Pokemon What 'n Tarnation
Pokemon Shop and Save
Pokemon Surf and Turf
Pokemon Live and Love and Laugh
Pokemon Wild 'n West
Pokemon Chick 'n Tikka
Pokemon Nice 'n Clean
Pokemon Fast 'n Furious
Pokemon Jase 'n Statham
Game Freak should hire you.

Yup. The absolute worst part of the Pokemon fanbase.
ybg05KbtR0ioNk3o41oA

Nov 3, 2017
Why did they choose such an awkward time for most timezones for this Direct? I'm tired and I want to sleep but I feel weirdly compelled to stay up for the Direct lol

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
One thing is for sure, the domains are already registered, we just haven't found them. DNS servers need to be propagated and that doesn't work in an hour.
Probably means nothing but pokemonhistory.com and pokemonfuture.com bring up weird placeholder sites.

But so does pokemonqueen.com (pokemonking.com already exists).

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Nah the worst part of the fanbase is anyone who uses the word genwunners
This honestly just feels like something a Genwunner would say because they're upset that people are calling them out for constantly whining about how everything everyone else likes sucks and only they should get what they want because as part of their own argument as to why they should get their way they're really not that bright.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
not sure how they can make that would work balance wise

What do you mean?

Trainers would have different Pokémon at different levels based on how many badges you've acquired when you battle them. Pokémon themselves are naturally scalable creatures, after all. Between levels, movepools, and evolutionary lines, there are tons of ways to adjust the way Pokémon appear based on the progress the player has made.

Nov 4, 2017
If Lucario gets taken away from me permanently I'm gonna have some words

I eyeroll at most of the things people throw tantrums at on gaming forums but if all of my favorite Pokemon are taken away in favor of keeping the stupid ones I'm gonna have some WORDS
Yup we need a big clean up imo. Away with all the trash pokemon and keep the good designs.

No need for 500+ shitty filler box pokemans.
Ok ok ok... How about some kind of selective downsizing?

I feel like Grandpa Simpson:
images

"Dear President Furukawa, there are far too many Pokemon today. Please eliminate 300."

For the people getting upset or defensive, I'm totally joking. I don't really want nor expect Nintendo to downsize the roster for new mainline games. It's just fun to complain about how daunting it is to catch them all now. Because I wanna be the very best, like no-one ever was...

Oct 25, 2017
One person's filler is another person's gold

Or in my case everything except the Pidgey line, Charizard, Mew, and mayyyybe the Dratini line from Gen 1 is kinda terrible and generally a fifth of each region from Gen 3 onwards is solid gold but guess what the last game stuck with

Not a bit. Tried once during Gen 5 and couldn't bother attempting to raise more than a IIRC team Garchomp that way before realizing biking circles around the subway to hatch eggs wasn't what I wanted with my life.

I'm pretty sure that's just called PP.
You good ppl I'll challenge you to a battle anytime been looking for "normal" battlers so if u up for it when the games out I ignore all that iv stuff too

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Yeah, people forgetting that Gen 1 was their first gen just like Gen 3, 4 etc. Were other peoples first gens.

And the whole "trash/filler mon" thing is even more annoying.
Gen 1 had some more boring designs too (magnetite, koffing and grimer lines).

I'm very interested in seeing all 800+ and new mons in Gen 8.

Lets Go showed that there are Huge issues with the pokemon variation in Gen one.

Like only one ghost and dragon line, with the ghost line being weak to psychic, since 1/3 of all gen one pokemon had to be poison type.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
They're never going to delete Pokemon, I don't even know why we entertain this idea

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Pokemon King/Queen
Pokemon Yes/No
Pokemon Yes/Queen
Pokemon Queen/Rush, set in both England and Canada???

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
If we deleted every pokemon that is someone favourite only cryogonal would be left standing.

And stantler, fuck stantler.

Status
Not open for further replies.