• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
The new fake starters are soooo bad lol. The one from a few months back were so good though...Even their evolution line. I feel spoiled now because I have now high expectations for the real ones.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It'll be hilarious when Town (an eShop exclusive) has proper free camera controls, but Gen 8 doesn't.

please don't do this Game Freak

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
What do you guys expecting? I think this will just look graphically similar to Let's Go games but with the staple catching mechanic.
Is that enough?

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Time to place some bet: Will there be a short film fluff before showing the game in this Direct? (i think so)

Sometimes these look higher budget than the games themselves lol

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Yes. Chespin is adorable. Don't blame it for the shitty evolutions.

Popplio is easily the worst starter.

Top tier:
Greninja
Blaziken
Swampert
Sceptile
Feraligatr
Infernape
Decidueye

Good tier:
Empoleon
Blastoise
Charizard
Incineroar
Chesnaught
Samurott
Typhlosion

Shit tier:
Venasaur
Torterra
Delphox
Serperior
Primarina
Emboar
Meganium

All precisely in that order.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much expecting nothing but the game titles and the logos. Would love to be wrong, though.

I hope the new games feature split evolutions for older gen Pokemon again, among a good chunk of new ones, of course. Z-Moves and mega evolutions can stay in the last gen games for what it's worth.

Oh, and please, no Ultra Beasts, and no double digit amount of legendaries.

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
I hope Refresh/Amie returns with better integration.

c84.gif

tumblr_oj375bnsUM1qioqevo4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_oj375bnsUM1qioqevo2_540.gif

tumblr_oj375bnsUM1qioqevo3_540.gif

jZL3R6i.gif

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one who wants normal evolutions to return? Everyone is all about regional variants, baby forms, cute things. But I want some cool things! Feels like liking cool stuff is a dying breed. I prefer evolutions over the base forms mostly.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
What about "Artificial" as a new type? Pokemon like the Porygons, Mewtu, Type:Null and Silvally ... basically artificially/human created species.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Game Freak just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Pokemon (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Yo-Kai Watch where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Pokemon, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Pokemon Gen VIII, nor will they purchase any of Game Freak's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Game Freak has alienated an entire market with this move.

Game Freak, publicly apologize and cancel Pokemon Gen VIII or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Whoops I had this set to autopost in a few hours.

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
OMFG how have I not seen the sleep animations before, that little shell pillow usage from Oshawott is adorable!
This is so adorable!
You have NO idea how much I hope with all my heart that this isn't a casualty.

It just feels like such a perfect natural extension of the "Pokemon as beloved pets" concept and I'm gonna be really heartbroken if it's gone from the newest games.

They are the cutest thing haha

tumblr_pc38c7MlCl1qioqevo2_400.gif
tumblr_p4olc6sVcP1qioqevo4_400.gif

jK2Em4K.gif

hMGa4CA.gif

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Can we at least agree that grass starter from gen 6 is the worst one of Them all. Can't even remember his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.