• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Not sure that first one is a win though....

vlcsnap_2019_02_15_12h17m55s958.jpg

>.>

Why did I always think Licktung was much taller than it actually is? According to the official entry, it is 1,20m (4ft). Was expecting 1,80m (6ft) or something.

Did the anime depict it differently or something?

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Looking forward for the ERA dissapointment and eventual hate on to whatever it gets announced!1

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
What's a super out there hope you have for a single aspect of Gen 8?

Personally, I hope you see Pokemon in the wild and they behave naturally in said environment. Say, a Pidgey flies by and lands in a tree, that type of thing. I liked seeing Pokemon in LG, but the way they just kind of wandered around and disappeared in patches of grass was boring. I'd like it if they ditched the idea or "encounter tiles" and just had Pokemon around where ever you are as well.
Honestly?

No evil team. I wanna see a Pokemon game that is just fully focused on the traveling around and be the best trainer aspects without it getting derailed by some evil plot you have to stop in the last quarter of the game.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
That would be terrible though. Each gym would need a small amount of Pokemon in order to account for challenging them with 0 badges and the strategies they employ would also need to be counterable at low levels. You either have a bunch of gyms that take literally no thought to beat at the end game or GF has to go through the process of designing multiple unique teams for every gym.
I think a decent way to combat this would be to railroad the first 2-3 gyms and then allow a bit more experimentation in the order you choose from there

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
i think I'm still dreaming and this isn't real, I called the direct back earlier in the year, that it would be on the week of Pokemon day, obvious it wasn't difficult to predict, just knew they would follow a similar pattern and want to get reveal out early.

This is the mosy hypest I've seen people in a long time, the hype is through the roof. Wow

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
Haha! My original post was 90% joke... but the truth is, I would be super down for a new art style. People comparing Let's Go to S&M and I'm over here thinking "I'll take the third option... something we haven't seen before." I'd love to see maybe something more realistic, maybe something less? Idk, I just want to be surprised by the way these things look.
TBh I wouldn't mind it either, I think it would be lush, especially if the switch can somehow handle something like Nvidia hair works on the Pokemon. Just imagine the fur and feathers reacting to the wind and the movement.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
That would be terrible though. Each gym would need a small amount of Pokemon in order to account for challenging them with 0 badges and the strategies they employ would also need to be counterable at low levels. You either have a bunch of gyms that take literally no thought to beat at the end game or GF has to go through the process of designing multiple unique teams for every gym.
Pokemon is big enough. GF can definitely make 8x8 gym teams for implementing this. And it's not like there will be 64 different gyms. Some would just require raising the level or having new moves

Chuche

Feb 24, 2019
I'm hearing rumors about a new mobile app (like pokewalker) compatible with Let's GO and Pokebank.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The bare minimum things I want from Gen8:
-Keep overworld pokemon
-Pro controller support
-Full camera control
-Wider spaces, less linear feeling areas
-No more blocky environments (SM style not LG style)

2nd tier wishlist:
-Visual style like Town
-An actual postgame
-Focus on the new region's pokemon, less returning pokemon, and new regional forms for those that do return.
-Some actual nonlinear options
-Keep the tutorial period short

Not a chance tier:
-Defined side missions with a mission tracker/selector
-Pokemon frequently found behaving in certain areas with actual personality like in Pokemon Snap, with photography side missions
-Less cutesy pocket babies with disney eyes, more pocket monsters (then again, ultra beasts happened)
-Unlockable Master Sword oh is that not what BOTW Pokemon meant?

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
There won't be any gameplay footage in this but there will be a message-

"See the first gameplay footage of these games in theaters airing before Detective Pikachu"

Boom. Synergy.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean the groundwork already exists in multiple formats that Gym leaders adjust their party based on the badge count.

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
I just want a hard mode where the AI can whoop your ass even when using lower level pokemon due to their tactics.
Add I also want proper post-game content that's probably too much to ask for.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, it happens when I'm asleep. So I can just wake up and read the news.

Not sure how I'm feeling about this one. Sun/Moon were so good, but US/UM and LP/LE not so much. Hoping that with this being the next generation, it's a proper follow up to Sun/Moon.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would be bad for the story too. If any gym can be tackled in any order, you'll have to assume they don't play any role in the story besides being a gym leader "locked" to their gyms. That was AWFUL in XY, I never felt invested in the characters.

BW did gym leaders right where they were important community leaders and active in the story.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Game Freak should make you complete the league in 8 hours and so the rest of the game automatically becomes post game

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
My expectations are just that it will look as good or close to Town and that it will not be grid based movement, closer to Gen 7 than Let's Go or Gen 6. I'd be very satisfied if we get both of those.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
7 minutes? That's shorttt. Please let there be a teaser of Gen 8 Pokemon.

I am beyond excited~

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
Detective pikachu switch, some updates for pokemon mobile and lets go, followed by "we working on it" tease for pokemon switch.

Last one probably wont happen.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people still bring up Grid based movement?
XY you could move off the grid on skates, Oras you could move off of the grid with the circle pad, and none of the 3 sets of Gen 7 games have grid based movement at all.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hope they keep the Multiplayer from Let's Go. And hopefully the Pokeball Pro works too.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
Would be bad for the story too. If any gym can be tackled in any order, you'll have to assume they don't play any role in the story besides being a gym leader "locked" to their gyms. That was AWFUL in XY, I never felt invested in the characters.

BW did gym leaders right where they were important community leaders and active in the story.
That's not a problem. Ash has met the champion , the elite 4 in between his journey. That doesn't mean he has to battle them right there n there. Take for example in hoein Ash met Norman first , but he battle him 5th just because he wasn't ready. The order should have no affect on the story

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I think it will be a full seven minutes of Gen 8, that's gotta be what all the Q&A stuff is for on the Pokemon Day schedule. Even if they only show a minute they're still going to be bombarded by Gen 8 questions.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people still bring up Grid based movement?
XY you could move off the grid on skates, Oras you could move off of the grid with the circle pad, and none of the 3 sets of Gen 7 games have grid based movement at all.
No one brought it up. Grid based environment design has been brought up, though.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you guys want a BotW type Pokemon, you probably should be okay with not getting a Pokemon game for 4-5 years. Something like that would take a huge amount of time.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will be a full seven minutes of Gen 8, that's gotta be what all the Q&A stuff is for on the Pokemon Day schedule. Even if they only show a minute they're still going to be bombarded by Gen 8 questions.

Yeah, that's true. Why would they have 4 days of Q&A if they're only showing the logos / titles?

Nilaul

Oct 26, 2017
Greece
I don't think gym leaders actually apply any strategies in the pokemon games, it seems all random. When your stuck on 5hp and the gym leader uses something like harden for a few turns instead of finishing off that basically means that there is no real AI.

Presumingly the awful AI won't change next gen, so the only thing Gamefreak would have to do is to have level modifiers for each gym based on how many Gyms you completed.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ill be very surprised if we don't get a trailer that shows off the main character(s), all three starters and get a decent look at the new region.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Nintendo lords for making this at an actual good time for me

Gonna be 6 in the evening, and I'll be free to watch it!

Status
Not open for further replies.