• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Asking again since I didn't get a response: Does anyone have a spare Alola Cap Pikachu they'd be willing to trade? I just barely missed the cutoff for the distribution.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
No more Gold/Silver VC topic?
Well, I finally beat Red after being so underleveled for so long. I did it with my team of level 48s and 49s. Lots of recovery items, but I won!

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Although I have already gathered most of the Pokemon with Hidden Abilities (the only exceptions are legendary Pokemon and the Pumpkaboo sizes), I hope that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have at least Pumpkaboo in its Dex, only because its various sizes don't even have its Hidden Ability available. Yes, Insomnia is not particularly useful for this line of Pokemon, but if in the even the ability changes, at least having them available makes things easier. For that matter, here's hoping that the rest of Generation 7's Pokemon without Hidden Abilities released, particularly Oranguru and Passimian, have their Hidden Abilities available also.

Thank you for reading.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Although I have already gathered most of the Pokemon with Hidden Abilities (the only exceptions are legendary Pokemon and the Pumpkaboo sizes), I hope that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have at least Pumpkaboo in its Dex, only because its various sizes don't even have its Hidden Ability available. Yes, Insomnia is not particularly useful for this line of Pokemon, but if in the even the ability changes, at least having them available makes things easier. For that matter, here's hoping that the rest of Generation 7's Pokemon without Hidden Abilities released, particularly Oranguru and Passimian, have their Hidden Abilities available also.

Thank you for reading.

In particular, I really hope Incineroar gets its Hidden ability (Intimidate). Would make it a nice alternative to Arcanine in doubles, especially with that nice Fake Out! TBH I maaay even give it a try in Battle Spot Singles too, though the huge amount of Blaziken and Mega Gyarados could be a much bigger problem for it there.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone seen any early/release pictures of the Pokeball themed 2DS? Trying to decide if I want one or a regular one when I "upgrade" to a new unit. Wondering if the pokeball button is flat or not.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
In particular, I really hope Incineroar gets its Hidden ability (Intimidate). Would make it a nice alternative to Arcanine in doubles, especially with that nice Fake Out! TBH I maaay even give it a try in Battle Spot Singles too, though the huge amount of Blaziken and Mega Gyarados could be a much bigger problem for it there.
Yes, Incineroar would be a lot better with Intimidate, but I really like the idea of Long Reach Decidueye even though its best move is non-contact. I imagine that if Triples were to be available, Decidueye's ability will also allow it to hit any opponent that is furthest away from it, which is a very good advantage to have I think. Does Doubles have any Pokemon that pose threats to those that make contact, besides Ferrothorn?

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Incineroar would be a lot better with Intimidate, but I really like the idea of Long Reach Decidueye even though its best move is non-contact. I imagine that if Triples were to be available, Decidueye's ability will also allow it to hit any opponent that is furthest away from it, which is a very good advantage to have I think. Does Doubles have any Pokemon that pose threats to those that make contact, besides Ferrothorn?

I think its pretty much just Ferrothorn (who you'd hit with a Ghost-type move anyways) in doubles, since stuff that carries rocky helmet ocasionally like Cresselia is gonna be hit by the Spirit Shackle. Granted, I'm not that big of a fan of Decidueye in doubles anyways.

I did use Decidueye in special a bit recently, and in battle spot singles, I have to admit that being able to OHKO Celesteela with a Swords Dance boosted Sinister Arrow Raid is pretty impressive! However, Decidueye is actually rather frail considering its low Speed stat (I hate how Mega Tyranitar outspeeds it in particular lol), and it heavily relies on its Z move to function unlike say, Primarina, who has successful variants such as Choice Specs, Focus Sash, and Assault Vest sets. And compared to other offensive Grass-types in Battle Spot Singles, Breloom and to a lesser extent, Tapu Bulu and Kartana, are usually going to be better fits for most teams. I honestly think Decidueye would need a way crazier buff in order to see common use.

Oct 26, 2017
I think its pretty much just Ferrothorn (who you'd hit with a Ghost-type move anyways) in doubles, since stuff that carries rocky helmet ocasionally like Cresselia is gonna be hit by the Spirit Shackle. Granted, I'm not that big of a fan of Decidueye in doubles anyways.

I did use Decidueye in special a bit recently, and in battle spot singles, I have to admit that being able to OHKO Celesteela with a Swords Dance boosted Sinister Arrow Raid is pretty impressive! However, Decidueye is actually rather frail considering its low Speed stat (I hate how Mega Tyranitar outspeeds it in particular lol), and it heavily relies on its Z move to function unlike say, Primarina, who has successful variants such as Choice Specs, Focus Sash, and Assault Vest sets. And compared to other offensive Grass-types in Battle Spot Singles, Breloom and to a lesser extent, Tapu Bulu and Kartana, are usually going to be better fits for most teams. I honestly think Decidueye would need a way crazier buff in order to see common use.

Yeah I've been hoping for an Intimidate Incineroar for the entire last year. Right now I have a Scrafty that fills a similar role. But then other two starters have never impressed me. I can't even tell you the last time I saw a Decidueye online.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Decidueye slays design wise but unfortunately has little else going for it. I hate the mixed attack stats spread considering its special movepool sucks.

And this is unrelated but Gen 8 BETTER bring us a Grass Elite 4, tired of your BS Gamefreak.

Last edited:

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My favourite Gen 7 starter is Primarina but honestly I kinda like them all. Will be going Rowlet in USUM.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Electric, Grass, and Normal have never had E4 trainers. Maybe they will mix up the E4 for USUM but I doubt it.

About an hour and a half until RAINBOW ROCKET. I hope there's more big surprises to come.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Reading the Pokémon USUM new info thread i can't help but to feel that i may be the only one who is fine with every single rival in the series.

I'm not fond of the idea that, out of all the Pokémon tropes, that one must stay the same no matter one. Not every single rival must be a cocky asscave thinking only on being the best.

I dunno, i think it's just... fine.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Electric, Grass, and Normal have never had E4 trainers. Maybe they will mix up the E4 for USUM but I doubt it.

About an hour and a half until RAINBOW ROCKET. I hope there's more big surprises to come.

Such a missed opportunity with S/M. They gave us Rock and Flying E4s but got ghost and fighting AGAIN instead of the potential to make all four be new E4 types.

And the fact that Grass, a starter type, has never had E4 rep is maddening.

Anyway, hope today's reveal has Alolan Formes for Johto starters (fat chance...)

Chikorita: Fairy Type
Cyndaquil: Steel Type
Totodile: Fighting

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the Pokémon USUM new info thread i can't help but to feel that i may be the only one who is fine with every single rival in the series.

I'm not fond of the idea that, out of all the Pokémon tropes, that one must stay the same no matter one. Not every single rival must be a cocky asscave thinking only on being the best.

I dunno, i think it's just... fine.
They should at pack a full team of pokemon by the time they get to the league, or at the very least, have pokemon with full move sets. Both of which Hau has neither of.

I think that's my biggest fault with the modern day pokemon rival, they aren't really much of one...

Last edited:

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They should at pack a full team of pokemon by the time they get to the league, or at the very least, have pokemon with full move sets. Both of which Hau has neither of.

I think that's my biggest fault with the modern day pokemon rival, they aren't really much of one...

That, i understan, but i'm talking about the characters themselves, and their personalities.

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit, I was literally just complaining about the Genies yesterday. And what happens? You can get them again through Ultra Wormholes! I know we all saw it coming but it still bugs me I get to look forward to Landorus on every single team.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
LPVEpJt.png

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Does adding people via FC alone add to the Festival Plaza in SM/USUM, or do you have to meet people irl? Before I didn't bother with it, but if we can trade codes in this OT I might actually get some use out of it for once.

Will

Oct 26, 2017
Does adding people via FC alone add to the Festival Plaza in SM/USUM, or do you have to meet people irl? Before I didn't bother with it, but if we can trade codes in this OT I might actually get some use out of it for once.
In S/M it gave you a random selection of people when you connected to the internet as well as any people you recently played with. You don't ever have to meet people in person for anything.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://serebii.net/events/2011.shtml - There was an NA distribution back in 2011, which is when I got my Victini with V-Create. If you want one with a + then I'm guessing there will be another distribution of mythicals next year or the year after and hopefully Victini will know V-Create then.

It's bizarre to me that Victini's signature attack isn't built into its level-up movepool. It's already an event Pokemon!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Anyone else annoyed that the legendary exclusives are jumbled up instead of being ORAS style color matching? Like with Pokemon Y, Omega Ruby, and Sun, if Ultra Moon had the legendaries of Alpha Sapphire I would have had a 100% complete set of legendaries from the 3DS era. I am still buying ultra moon to complement the Sun exclusives, but that will also result in a boatload of duplicates I have no reason to own. Hopefully this problem presents itself to others, and trading for the right ones will nab me the complete set.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone else annoyed that the legendary exclusives are jumbled up instead of being ORAS style color matching? Like with Pokemon Y, Omega Ruby, and Sun, if Ultra Moon had the legendaries of Alpha Sapphire I would have had a 100% complete set of legendaries from the 3DS era. I am still buying ultra moon to complement the Sun exclusives, but that will also result in a boatload of duplicates I have no reason to own. Hopefully this problem presents itself to others, and trading for the right ones will nab me the complete set.
I'm annoyed that US gets Heatran, while UM gets... Regigigas. Apart from Regigigas being pretty terrible, why not Cresselia, literally the 'Lunar Pokémon'?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I saw on both Bulbagarden and /vp/ that apparently someone in Taiwan may have got the game early?

Not certain, but just be careful if you care about spoilers.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
After seeing the exclusive legendaries for each game, it looks like I'll be picking up UM. Need that Lugia goodness
This is basically me. Got Ho-oh in OR and another 3 legit ones in my Sun PC boxes from Wonder Trade, its been driving me mad.
So I saw on both Bulbagarden and /vp/ that apparently someone in Taiwan may have got the game early?

Not certain, but just be careful if you care about spoilers.
Demo boxes apparently. Its still too early.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I think next year we will have another VGC with "restricted" legendary, since they all are in USUM. Will pick US to get that Xern-Don core early lol

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
I think next year we will have another VGC with "restricted" legendary, since they all are in USUM. Will pick US to get that Xern-Don core early lol
Yep, I said this when the rules for next year were announced. They're effectively repeating what they did in Gen VI. The last year for that was ORAS again with two "box" legendaries allowed per team.

Cjdamon042

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh
So the Pokémon YT channel just uploaded a preview of the theme song for the upcoming movie and while I like how they've kept it true to the original, it has that sort of karaoke vibe to it. And there's no oomph behind the drums and guitar :/

Didn't really know where to post this to be honest, but since people were posting music here I thought why not!

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god are we gonna have finals like a couple years ago where every team was some combo of Rayquaza, Groudon or Kyogre?

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god are we gonna have finals like a couple years ago where every team was some combo of Rayquaza, Groudon or Kyogre?
I haven't really been keeping up with competitive Pokemon in Gen VII but the Tapus and UBs may keep some of the previous threats in check.

If anything will be overused in VGC 19, expect it to be Xerneas. Although Solgaleo could be considered a check for that now.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Ray-Ogre was such a great combo. It will be fun to see how every pokemon now shape a new but familiar meta

Oct 26, 2017
Well the Tapus may be able to keep Rayquaza in check but I don't think anything is going to make Kyogre or Groudon less viable. I just hate how they completely ruin the usefulness of any other weather setter.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Groudon, as most ground-types, will still be the beast.it has always been. Kyogre has Tapu Koko and Bulu to worry, as well as Kartana, Xurkitree, etc. It's going to be fun for sure

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
So the Pokémon YT channel just uploaded a preview of the theme song for the upcoming movie and while I like how they've kept it true to the original, it has that sort of karaoke vibe to it. And there's no oomph behind the drums and guitar :/

Didn't really know where to post this to be honest, but since people were posting music here I thought why not!

Doesnt Pikachu speak in this movie at some point? How are they going to do that in English?

Nuke

Oct 25, 2017
Mirassol, SP, Brazil
I'm trying to complete the Pokedex for my Gen 6 games, and I missed the Victini event last year. Anyone have a spare one for trade? I have extra Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin, Keldeo and Meloetta for trade.