• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

meloa

Nov 10, 2017
Calling it now Lugia and Ho-Oh are totally getting new forms given by how both were heavily featured in the movies, Corocoro statement and the fact that next year will be Gold and Silver 20th anniversary.

While I am excited by the idea of Lugia getting a new form...I am really not trilled by the idea that Megas might be returning for gen 8.
I heard rumors that Pokemon won't be getting anymore new Megas in Gen 8.

Contact

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone. Does anyone here knows about DS pokémon cases which are for display only? They have different insides from normal ds cases, with two slot for GBA and DS games and come with a warning saying they're just for display.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys! How's the pokemon trading card game nowadays?
Im really want to buy it, but dont know if there more people that plays it

celebi23

Oct 26, 2017
Might anyone have an extra Dialga & Palkia US code? Haven't had a chance to head to Gamestop yet and won't be able to get there tomorrow. Currently sick with the flu and a fever. Been sick for a week.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hi there, I didn't find a Pokémon TCGO OT, so I'm asking here: does anyone know where I could find guides on how to adapt a theme deck to become a decent starter Standard deck? Thanks :)

WPS

Oct 25, 2017
Wait are they giving legendaries out once a month again?!?

Who did I miss already? How do I get this months?

You've missed Palkia/Dialga, which were store events, this month is Regigas/Heatran, which are wifi events.

There might be repeat wifi events for the store ones. The were for the monthly mythicals, but I don't think there has been for SM's store events yet.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
You've missed Palkia/Dialga, which were store events, this month is Regigas/Heatran, which are wifi events.

There might be repeat wifi events for the store ones. The were for the monthly mythicals, but I don't think there has been for SM's store events yet.
regigigas/heatran is wifi only in Australia/Europe, I think. For North America, you will need to sign up for the Pokemon trainer club email newsletter before March 1st.

Iride

Oct 28, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm considering picking up USUM sometime this month. For the most part I've remained on media blackout for both it and SM, but I'm wondering if I should pick up SM as well or if it's fine to skip it.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm considering picking up USUM sometime this month. For the most part I've remained on media blackout for both it and SM, but I'm wondering if I should pick up SM as well or if it's fine to skip it.

You can get away in skipping Sun and Moon as the only thing you will miss out from Sun and Moon is a more focused story and a second fight against an important NPC as that part is cut out of the game.

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I actually vastly preferred the way the plot was handled in the original games. The Ultra games story is a mess, basically they took the original scenes and then stapled some new characters into every other scene and it feels clumsy. They also ruined the main villain by changing their motivations and really weakened the emotional impact of that part of the story.

There are a lot of mechanical improvements like level progression and more side events to flesh out the game though that I think still make it worth playing over the originals. They also added one of the hardest non-optional fights I've ever had in a Pokemon game ever (probably making these games near impossible to do a Nuzlocke run).

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Fuck. The old place was memorable for me cause of lurking, never got to make an account there but I read the forums on a daily basis for hours at an unhealthy and obsessive rate, and I am getting hit with am even bigger forum breakdown 5 months later. FUCK. This is likely affecting a small few of us, but Pokecommunity just got slammed the last few days with the same thing that happened to NGF. Personally it hurts far more, as I have been there since about mid/late 2006 with some perioda of inactivity or complete disappearance. Even with the new members and changes over the years, I still recognize the old guard, forum nuances do's and don'ts, and in general how great it can be to just idly chat over in off topic. I know this isn't directly the place to speak about it, but again, there's likely a few of us over here that are hurting right now.

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Fuck. The old place was memorable for me cause of lurking, never got to make an account there but I read the forums on a daily basis for hours at an unhealthy and obsessive rate, and I am getting hit with am even bigger forum breakdown 5 months later. FUCK. This is likely affecting a small few of us, but Pokecommunity just got slammed the last few days with the same thing that happened to NGF. Personally it hurts far more, as I have been there since about mid/late 2006 with some perioda of inactivity or complete disappearance. Even with the new members and changes over the years, I still recognize the old guard, forum nuances do's and don'ts, and in general how great it can be to just idly chat over in off topic. I know this isn't directly the place to speak about it, but again, there's likely a few of us over here that are hurting right now.
Wait I am confused. Forum breakdown? What's going on?

Arcia

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Rukario has been using forum donations beyond server and site costs and has been accused as a sex offender. Its a mess over there and I'm trying to get the full picture.
Oh dear... thats pretty bad!

Edit: did some googling and it seems what you said is true. I enjoyed browsing Pokecommunity for ROM hacks back in the late 2000s, but I didn't have an account and wasn't part of that community. Still, I feel really bad finding this out, there were a lot of great things and creative people on that site. Now I'm sad too

Last edited:

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Rukario has been using forum donations beyond server and site costs and has been accused as a sex offender. Its a mess over there and I'm trying to get the full picture.

Forum looks odd compared to the last time I looked at it (last year) but I saw this post:

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

As many of you are aware, the information that has come to light in the past few weeks has caused many staff to resign their posts on PokéCommunity. This has lead many to question the community's future. The potential loss of a community with over fifteen years of history is extremely frustrating and difficult for everyone involved, especially given the circumstances surrounding that loss. Those of us who are still interested in remaining on the staff team want to be open by discussing our plans with you, so we kindly ask you to read on.

A select group of us spent many hours every day deliberating the future of the PokéCommunity and whether or not it was possible to keep its legacy going. Over the last fifteen years, the PokéCommunity has fostered a wonderful forum home for people all around the world. We've made new friends, dabbled in creating fan games, chatted away the stress of less-than-stellar days, traded for our dream Pokémon, and overall experienced things that have helped us grow as people. Every single member that has joined over the years has helped shape the community into what it is today and none of us want to see everyone's efforts crumble because of one person. Hence our name: we are a community that has been carefully cultivated with each individual's contributions. After considerable discussion, we have decided that it's not fair to allow our shared history, created on a forum dear to so many people, to come to an end in such a way—not if there was anything that could be done to prevent it.

We want to say that we completely understand everyone's concerns and worries about the information currently circulating. We value member comfort and safety above all else. You can imagine the shock that the staff team—many of whom have volunteered their time to PC for years (and some even over a decade!)—felt when presented with this information. It was incredibly difficult but, despite that, some of us have chosen to stay and try to make changes to PC rather than move on entirely. We've had lengthy conversations with Rukario on the actions that we feel absolutely must be taken in order for us to revitalize the forum and regain members' trust. Thus, in efforts to rebuild the PokéCommunity and keep it the welcoming community that it has always been, Rukario will be resigning from his staff post and transitioning toward relinquishing ownership of the site to staff members Laslow, adventure, Sylphiel, Sheep, and Cherrim.

This matter has also raised several concerns about PC's financial status. As members who contribute to our finances, whether through ad revenue or as contributing supporters, you deserve transparency into how it's all handled. Suggestions that finances have been used for untoward purposes have evolved largely as the result of the current lack of transparency within the staff. These concerns are understandable, but we aim to set the record straight: funds given to the PokéCommunity stay in PC's budget. A server like PC's requires a lot of resources, and as a result, a lot of money. Some months, PC runs a surplus and in this case, the extra money is set aside for the community, usually allotted to offset the costs when the budget runs a deficit in other months. Our new leadership intends to rectify these issues in several ways, and we'll have more to announce about this at a later date. While Steve will continue to support the community financially during this period of transition, we want to keep ensuring that funds are used appropriately for the continued benefit of PC and current funding will be closely monitored by the new leadership.

If you have any questions, you may respond in this thread or send a message to one of our administrators. We want to think that, despite the frustration everyone has endured these last few days (something we completely understand, as made evident to many of you in private conversation), PC is a wonderful community which we all want to see prosper for as long as possible. And it's clear that there are others who feel the same way.

The PokéCommunity is our home and we don't want to give it up like this. We truly hope those who are willing to give us another chance will consider sharing their opinion and, possibly, contributing to the growth of the community once again under its new leadership.

Thank you for reading!

Not sure if it means much because I haven't done much research into what happened (just went and checked the site after seeing your posts) but at least he is resigning? Which is more than a certain other place I guess.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Right he is resigning. But a huge amount of members said screw this and left, including a lot of old timers who were the glue to some of the sub forums. Things will continue with the site, but until things become stable again its going to take a good while. Not to mention at least 2 or 3 of the acting admins right now had to come out of retirement and are not sure of continuing once things get better.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Right he is resigning. But a huge amount of members said screw this and left, including a lot of old timers who were the glue to some of the sub forums. Things will continue with the site, but until things become stable again its going to take a good while. Not to mention at least 2 or 3 of the acting admins right now had to come out of retirement and are not sure of continuing once things get better.

Yeah but the point was, it has a chance to recover which is something.

I mean I never posted much but I used to lurk a lot so I'd have been sad if it was the end of the forum. Hopefully they rebuild okay.

Some people do seem to have problems with this Jake guy and stuff but I don't know much beyond what you posted and what was posted in that thread.

so who knows how things are going to go I guess...

Last edited:

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Ooft, just saw there's a new Pokemon Center Charizard figure. Ordered the hell out of that. Been wanting a good Charizard statue for years.

tcojl8f2pzrgcsrwpno5.jpg

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
For the next Generation, one of my wishes is for the pseudo-legendary to be of a unique type that excludes Dragon. My only disappointment with Generation 7's roster of Pokemon is that the pseudo-legendary is yet another Dragon-type, so now we have 6 of them already (Dragonite, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon, Goodra and the Pokemon I talking about, Kommo-o) with only 2 outliers (Tyranitar and Metagross). I don't care if the type combination will be subpar like Grass/Bug, Rock/Ice, Ice/Grass or Rock/Steel, but as long as they exclude Dragon in the type, I'm good. After all, a subpar type combination isn't the end of the world, such as Tyranitar who has 7 weaknesses (one of them is a double weakness) but it's still a great Pokemon.

Thank you for reading.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So I just realized I never actually got my hands on a Marshadow for my living dex, I don't suppose anyone has a spare they're willing to part with?

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm creating a Pokémon TCG (IRL and Online) OT, would someone be able to read through it and eventually comment on it before I post it?
Also, hit me with your best OT titles for this.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
With Pokken DX, this is my second time playing through the game while also playing a lot of online. I'm now confident in saying this is a terrible, terrible, bad game. It's just not remotely fun or well-designed. I'm not a huge fighting game fan in general, but this game is somehow both really simplistic and overly convoluted.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I've spent the last two months finishing up my project on the VC games, getting 151 Pokémon in gen 1 with all the TMs available, getting 251 Pokémon in gen 2 with all the TMS available, and getting all 251 on bank to replace the gen 1/2 section of the living dex I made in gen 3 and have continued on since then. At the very end of Crystal, the final game I am playing for this project, I head into the last pokémon center at indigo plateau and I notice a funny thing, mashing a while talking to a friend Nurse Joy is taking a bit longer than usual. I get excited and step outside to receive a phone call from Elm. I got the Pokerus!

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, it's 3 times as rare as a shiny. I also got it playing through VC Crystal recently (but around Ecruteak instead of almost being entirely done) and I was pretty confused as to why Joy had more lines than usual.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I got it in Silver back in the day right before gen 3 launched...so I never used it for anything. One of the many reasons I hold a grudge against gen 2 and silver in general.

I also played a game of Silver where the rival had a shiny starter.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone got any of the following spare/to trade? I'd like to fill the gaps in my living PokeDex:
Hoopa
Volcanion
Marshadow

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
What are the chances of someone having two palkia/dialga codes left to spare at this point in time? I'm sad I missed them too

Wicked Dragon

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... I think I could use some Pokemon codes myself, too.

Though I've been barely playing 3DS at all...

Maybe I should buy a New 2DS XL and a game first. Stuff's kind of broken over here.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone mind helping me out? I have 5 Pokémon I bread for a fresh run through with each holding a item. I need to trade them to someone, restart, play until I unlock trading, and get them back.

I can give whoever helps me a legit Shiny Breedject Mareanie holding a Master Ball with Merciless ability.

Wicked Dragon

Oct 25, 2017
Someone mind helping me out? I have 5 Pokémon I bread for a fresh run through with each holding a item. I need to trade them to someone, restart, play until I unlock trading, and get them back.

I can give whoever helps me a legit Shiny Breedject Mareanie holding a Master Ball with Merciless ability.
I don't have my 3DS with me at the moment (at work), but if you still find no one after around 6 PM my time (8:35 AM as of this post) I'd be happy to help.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines

That Shiny reward makes this a very attractive offer :). If you still need help, I'm available right now. You can add me on Discord for instant messaging.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017