• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I mean, I'm not gonna say no to free legendaries.

Neither am I. I'm just surprised they're declaring another Legendary year, & in a year where we just got a game full of legendaries that many players are going to use to redeem these additional legendaries. It's a bit redundant, even if it's appreciated.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Dang still have not started Ultra Sun. I will soon I swear!

But I was looking at the pokemon center goods this month. Badguy themed everything is too good, already got Team Skull Pikachu plushy, really want the Giovanni one and the Cyrus one looks awesome too!

-edit- walked in for the Team rocket stickers... walked out spending 10x the money. Every dang time.

PyDNHXR.jpg

Last edited:

sadmachine

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a few codes for PAL Sun/Moon games that will expire soon, 2 x Marshadow and 2 x Shiny Silvally
First come first served

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Hackworth

Oct 25, 2017
either my internet connection has decided to hate my DS randomly or there's something wrong with nintendo network

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought a 2DS, and picked up Pokémon Sun for it. Need to learn to stay off Bulbapaedia while playing though, not sure it helps me enjoy the game when I'm stressing about Abilities or the like.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
either my internet connection has decided to hate my DS randomly or there's something wrong with nintendo network
They had an update the other day to the entire network from 5pm to 8pm Pacific. (I believe) And again later that night.
I wonder why they chose a time when most people would be on playing in America though, it was a terrible time.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Is the free master ball for linking game sync already handed out in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, and where can I redeem it? I'm only a few hours in. Still in the first island.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Hooray, it's Crystal VC day. I'm buying this one since I had Gold and never actually played Crystal in the day so there's at least some sense of newness to it for me.

Here's a few codes for PAL Sun/Moon games that will expire soon, 2 x Marshadow and 2 x Shiny Silvally
First come first served

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

People have already grabbed the Marshadows, but I used the first Silvally code. Thanks!

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Is there no bonus at all for purchasing Crystal on Virtual Console? Gold and SIlver gave away a theme and a Celebi for Gen 7 games.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Went ahead and did the cloning glitch to get all three starters mostly just for old time's sake since I don't actually really intend on using Totodile or Chikorita. Took a few tries since they seem to have changed the save system somehow to make the timing tighter in Crystal but once I got one done the other went just fine

Is there no bonus at all for purchasing Crystal on Virtual Console? Gold and SIlver gave away a theme and a Celebi for Gen 7 games.

Doesn't seem to be. Nothing's mentioned on the eshop page and there's no "view receipt" option on the purchase in account history.

Is the theme a pre order only bonus? I bought Gold last night just for the Celebi code for my ultra moon, but I dont see a code for a theme.

I think it was preorder or a "buy before a certain date" type thing, yeah

André

Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Something odd just happened. Before opening Pokémon Bank, it says an update is available, and I can download it now or check the eShop for details. I choose the latter, and the shop says I'm fully updated :/

Wonder what would have happened if I had chosen to download immediately. I'm not sure if this needs an update or if it can be done server-side, but Bank still doesn't allow the new Totem-sized Pokémon to be deposited, which is disappointing (and hopefully not a deliberate choice).

Nov 2, 2017
been seeing a bunch of unlocked pokemon games on ebay. still a few legendaries I would love to have so worth checking out ? they claim they're legit and what not

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going through Soul Silver again so I probably won't play Crystal again. My current team is Typhlosion, Espeon, Pidgeotto, Pikachu, Golem (shiny), and Gyarados. Gonna swap Gyarados for something else later.

Also when I was at a convention recently, I picked up two physical ROM hacks. One was called Flora Sky. Pretty basic Emerald hack. Got unique environments. Nothing super special. The other one was Ash Grey which is based on the anime. That one is super fun to play. The dialogue is spot on (except for the fact that Ash doesn't talk).

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something odd just happened. Before opening Pokémon Bank, it says an update is available, and I can download it now or check the eShop for details. I choose the latter, and the shop says I'm fully updated :/

I had that happen myself when a notification popped up but I was too hasty and buttoned mashed as I wanted launch Bank so I didn't get to read it and I try to see if it updating or not but it seems that Bank is up to date.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I wasn't expecting them to actually let you get Celebi in Crystal. Maybe I will actually play through that one again, since it would be possible to get a complete Pokédex. Not sure if it would be enough to get me past how burnt out I am on Gen II, though. While Crystal was my first Pokémon game, I played it enough times as a kid that even Heart Gold and Soul Silver didn't do much for me.

Also, on a completely unrelated note, anyone happen to have an Alola cap Pikachu they'd be willing to trade? While I'm usually pretty good about getting all these things, I sort of ended up just missing that one. I've got a bunch of spare event Pokémon since I tend to get both versions.

synic

Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Did anyone get their Master Ball in Ultra Sun/Moon yet for registering with Global Link? Where would we get it?

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know that I shouldn't jump to conclusion base on a wild guess but I can't help but feel that Eevee is probably getting a new evolution in gen 8.

"The wild Phanpy fled!"
EXCUSE ME!?

I know that feeling as I went through hell trying capture a Heracross...worse part is that Kurt's fast ball would be useful in that department but because Game Freak poorly coded the balls they are all useless.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Well at this point, there would have to be a pretty good reason in GF's eyes to give it one. Cross-gen evolutions have been pretty sparse besides Gen IV (since Rowan's research was on evolution).

I don't think it's an even/odd gen thing. Sylveon only exists because Fairy type was introduced. It's been repeated to death already but it would've been a perfect time to add a Dragon Eeveelution as well.

So unless we get a new type, I don't see it. Unless GF goes crazy and gives every remaining type an Eeveelution.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before but I think it would be better to make a new Eevee instead of another evolution. A Dragon that turns into the physical types instead of a Normal that turns into the specials.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know that feeling as I went through hell trying capture a Heracross...worse part is that Kurt's fast ball would be useful in that department but because Game Freak poorly coded the balls they are all useless.
Even Heracross? I thought I was done with this fleeing bs after Phanpy.

I skipped Gen II when I was younger which is why I'm so surprised now.

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Even Heracross? I thought I was done with this fleeing bs after Phanpy.

I skipped Gen II when I was younger which is why I'm so surprised now.
The following Pokemon can run in Gen 2:
Articuno (unused)
Cubone
Delibird
Dragonair
Dratini
Eevee (unused)
Grimer
Heracross
Magnemite
Moltres (unused)
Mr. Mime
Phanpy
Porygon (unused)
Quagsire
Snubbull
Tangela
Teddiursa
Togetic (unused)
Umbreon (unused)
Unown
Zapdos (unused)
The Fast Ball is supposed to work on all of these, but due to a glitch it only applies to the table that contains Grimer, Magnemite, and Tangela.

meloa

Nov 10, 2017
Man these Kotobukiya figures are of the utmost quality. Look how detailed Rosa is, the Snivy looks great too, this is some great craftsmanship.

FIGURE-031422.jpg

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Grabbed Crystal last week and started it today (as well as opened my New Pokeball 2DS which I got in Kyoto several months ago lol) man this is nostalgic. Never played Crystal back in the day but having fun so far.

Need to look up the various changes from Silver as well as how fast I can get a Houndour.

meloa

Nov 10, 2017
Grabbed Crystal last week and started it today (as well as opened my New Pokeball 2DS which I got in Kyoto several months ago lol) man this is nostalgic. Never played Crystal back in the day but having fun so far.

Need to look up the various changes from Silver as well as how fast I can get a Houndour.
IIRC Crystal still makes you wait until Kanto to get a Houndour

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Fell off the card game train sadly. I was very into it and still interested but it was an unneeded expense for me lol. Too many hobbies going at the same time.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Reviving a little this thread...

Anyone into VGC battling? I need to discuss, but every forum is kind of innactive (even if the sites themselves are active like Trainer Tower)

Have you already picked Dialga/Palkia Codes? I haven't been able to pick one.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, no Zeraora reveal in Coro Coro this month.

They might want to start advertising that movie that we know literally nothing about soon.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Pokémon Ultra Sun and for the first ever I am paying so little attention on the story and mostly focusing on my team. I have a good team which is my sole enjoyment of the game as I look forward to seeing them grow stronger.

meloa

Nov 10, 2017
Lugia is gonna be in the new movie, so it really confirms M21 is a retelling of the second movie.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah unlike previous years, Marshadow wasn't revealed until April. Likely because its role in the movie wasn't that big compared to previous mythicals so they could just hold onto it for a while.

With this Lugia reveal next month, we'll get a new trailer and and Zeraora could show up there.

Interesting times ahead. I'm glad we're finally starting to get out of the early year slump where nothing noteworthy happens.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah unlike previous years, Marshadow wasn't revealed until April. Likely because its role in the movie wasn't that big compared to previous mythicals so they could just hold onto it for a while.

With this Lugia reveal next month, we'll get a new trailer and and Zeraora could show up there.

Interesting times ahead. I'm glad we're finally starting to get out of the early year slump where nothing noteworthy happens.
But Shuffle just ended :p

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Calling it now Lugia and Ho-Oh are totally getting new forms given by how both were heavily featured in the movies, Corocoro statement and the fact that next year will be Gold and Silver 20th anniversary.

While I am excited by the idea of Lugia getting a new form...I am really not trilled by the idea that Megas might be returning for gen 8.