• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I have some time off at the end of the week so I was planning to go on Thursday, but if the queue's still like this - and if it's half-term, that's a possibility - then I'll give it a miss. I can still do some Christmas shopping while I'm at Westfield, so it won't be a wasted trip, but I'm not standing around for hours just to buy some bits of merchandise.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Absolutely underestimated how long we'd have to wait, even getting in early as well too. They really need to implement a time limit for in store.

If I knew I had to wait this long just by coming at 7, I would've gone home already.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Absolutely underestimated how long we'd have to wait, even getting in early as well too. They really need to implement a time limit for in store.

If I knew I had to wait this long just by coming at 7, I would've gone home already.
I got there at 9:15am is yesterday and was in the store around 2:00pm. It was one hell of a wait. Stick with it!

Oct 26, 2017
consider yourself lucky... I got here 8:30am today and now it's 1:30pm I'm stilling queueing outside of the mall... Another 3-4hours maybe

I'm totally unfamiliar with the area but I'm a massive nerd, so I don't mind queing from an ungodly hour (I do it for gigs anyway...). Where abouts should I queue? I presume there's more than one entrance to the shopping centre? (Assuming I did something silly like get there at 6am)

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
I'm totally unfamiliar with the area but I'm a massive nerd, so I don't mind queing from an ungodly hour (I do it for gigs anyway...). Where abouts should I queue? I presume there's more than one entrance to the shopping centre? (Assuming I did something silly like get there at 6am)

If you get to the store first (1st floor near debeham) and you can just follow the queue. It goes down the lift first then turns around on the ground floor and eventually goes outside of the mall. There are multiple queueing zones outside too, and security staff everywhere to show you the way.

Oct 26, 2017
If you get to the store first (1st floor near debeham) and you can just follow the queue. It goes down the lift first then turns around on the ground floor and eventually goes outside of the mall. There are multiple queueing zones outside too, and security staff everywhere to show you the way.

Thanks, was wondering what I should do if I get there before the center is open though :P

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You arrived at 7am? Was there a big queue then?
It wasn't too bad so I just assumed it'd fly by once it opened. Nope!
I got there at 9:15am is yesterday and was in the store around 2:00pm. It was one hell of a wait. Stick with it!
In and out in 15 minutes, due to waiting at the register. Smash and grab and snaps done with a vengeance. XD
Was waiting since 8 yesterday and was in at 1030 (30 mins after the store opened) I don't get how you could be waiting that long.
People in front just taking waaaay too long. It was nuts.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
It wasn't too bad so I just assumed it'd fly by once it opened. Nope!
In and out in 15 minutes, due to waiting at the register. Smash and grab and snaps done with a vengeance. XD

People in front just taking waaaay too long. It was nuts.

Congrats! Were the shelves looking restocked or are things selling out?

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
We got in after 10 and half hours in the queue and thankfully most of merch were restocked so got what I wanted: London pikachu plush, London pikachu chillys bottle, charizard and etc. The only merch that's out of stocks were snorlax and waillord. Each customer can only buy 6 items at most and London pikachu stuff are limited to one per customer.

The group I was queueing with were very friendly, and made that 10-hour queueing almost bearable, we talked about different Pokemon games, made fun of ourselves for being stupid enough to stand in the rain for hours, and cheered whenever the queue moved an inch. We also played plenty of Pokemon go thanks to the boosted spawn rate near the mall and many of us got shiny too.

The security staff were also very accommodative and tried their best to keep the crowd happy and motivated.

At the end of the day, it's not a bad experience and I don't regret it at all, but probably not something I'll want to do again... At least I'll need some break..

For those willing to join the madness in the next few days, please make sure you arrive Westfield as early as possible (definitely not later than 10am, I arrived at 9:10am and had to queue for 10 hours) and bring some snacks with you and a battery bank as well... Or maybe a switch.. if there's any situation where you won't feel awkward playing the switch in the middle of a large crowd, this is one. I saw plenty switch, 3ds and even a couple ds today. :)

UgLo2pG_d.jpg

Last edited:

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Congrats! Were the shelves looking restocked or are things selling out?
By the time I got in, like 30% of the stock was gone, but they were refilling things like apparel and whatnot. I was primarily after the exclusive stuff and since it was one London item per person (like you couldn't get two London Pikachu's, not one out of the entire lineup) there wasn't too much worry for those disappearing. But if you're looking for a Wailord, you best be one of the first groups in line. They were all gone when I got in with loads of people still asking.

Anyway, here's my six item haul.

bkQ6G45.jpg

Really like the quality on the shirt and the tote bag. Fiancée digs it, so mission accomplished. ^^

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I've already been but been requested by a close friend with children in Japan to grab a Detective Pikachu plush - have looked online and the one in store is completely different. Anyone planning to go this weekend, would you mind lending a hand? Please DM - you'll be making a small 8 year old Japanese kid very happy.

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
I've already been but been requested by a close friend with children in Japan to grab a Detective Pikachu plush - have looked online and the one in store is completely different. Anyone planning to go this weekend, would you mind lending a hand? Please DM - you'll be making a small 8 year old Japanese kid very happy.
Go to a game or amazon

Pokemon 97563 POKÉMON Detective Pikachu 8 INCH Plush https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NJKYG1G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Pp4QDbDDECRSF

Oct 27, 2017
We got in after 10 and half hours in the queue and thankfully most of merch were restocked so got what I wanted: London pikachu plush, London pikachu chillys bottle, charizard and etc. The only merch that's out of stocks were snorlax and waillord. Each customer can only buy 6 items at most and London pikachu stuff are limited to one per customer.
By the time I got in, like 30% of the stock was gone, but they were refilling things like apparel and whatnot. I was primarily after the exclusive stuff and since it was one London item per person (like you couldn't get two London Pikachu's, not one out of the entire lineup) there wasn't too much worry for those disappearing. But if you're looking for a Wailord, you best be one of the first groups in line. They were all gone when I got in with loads of people still asking.
That's good to hear, I'm mainly interested in the London City Pikachu stuff anyway.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anybody goes during the week please let me know if the queue died down, want to take a friend but they're disabled so can't do multiple hours of queuing, gonna go in a couple of weeks otherwise.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If anybody goes during the week please let me know if the queue died down, want to take a friend but they're disabled so can't do multiple hours of queuing, gonna go in a couple of weeks otherwise.
Pretty sure there was a separate queuing system for people with disabilities.
EDIT: If your friend lets the guys at the entrance know, looks like they'll let you in.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if it continued to be as busy this week as it was at the weekend- it's half-term this week, so the kids will all be off school.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I dunno how people have the mental wherewithal to queue for that long. I would just turn into the most angry and unlikeable POS. There is literally nothing on this planet I am excited about enough to queue for more than probably 2 hours.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've tweaked my plans for the weekend, to get there several hours before opening (at, like, 6-ish).

That's the only way I'm likely to avoid having to waste most of the day on the queue.

Last edited:

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter rumblings seem to be talking about the London Pikachu having sold out. What a nightmare.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
I believe they have a daily allowance for what can be sold to try and keep stock going throughout the timeframe

Hmm surely its better to honor those that have been queuing on the day for 4+ hours and announce when all stock is gone so people can then judge for themselves if they want to go knowing they can't get some items.
I know they restoked shelves yesterday (as someone wanting to go I've been following the hashtag on Twitter trying to figure out if there will ever be a day to go which won't involve an insane queue)

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I arrived just after eight and there is still a fairly big queue. Not sure if timings but I'd guess a few hours still.

Oct 26, 2017
I asked about in the queue, the people at the front have been here since last night (?!), but the people at the end of the "first" queue (maybe 100-200 people long) got here at 6.30am.

I'd say if you got there at around 7 you'd probably not be waiting too long. I'll update after I'm in to let you know how long it takes after arriving at 8am

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Keep your eyes peeled on Westfields Twitter, it'll inform you if they closed the queue or not.

This was from yesterday, queue closed around 4pm for reference.

(By the way, glad I figured out it's Westfield Shepherds Bush, was going to go to Westfield Stratford. That would have been a mistake.

Also apprarantly Nintendo aren't at London MCM this year? If you were hoping a Sword and Shield booth at MCM would drag people away from westfield... well that ain't happening.)

Last edited:

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If you have to get there by 7 in the morning just to not have to wait too long in a queue I don't think I'll entertain the idea of going now. I'll only be able to go at a weekend(peak time train tickets are far too expensive for me to afford weekdays) and even then earliest I could possibly get there is about half 7 in the morning.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll be getting In shortly, arrived at 8am. That's approximately 5 hours queueing. It's still busy AF and the queue is still pretty much full.

EDIT: The last pikachu plushies sold out right as I got in the door at 1pm. If you want one of them, you'll need to get there before 8

(Restocking tomorrow apparently)

If you have the option, I'd hold off till next week or get there super early

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Store queue closed at 2pm today, earlier than yesterday.

...I'm not going to have any hope on friday with London MCM, am I?