• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Is this likely to have calmed down by the 26th? Boyfriend and I are in London that day for a party and would love to swing by, but could really only afford an hour of queueing.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Is this likely to have calmed down by the 26th? Boyfriend and I are in London that day for a party and would love to swing by, but could really only afford an hour of queueing.
Tough to say, it'll certainly be less busy than opening weekend... but it's still a weekend in a London shopping centre. I think the odds of a queue being under an hour at that point are still fairly slim in all honesty. You never know, though!

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That weekend is MCM (Comic Con) weekend, which could lead to it being busier than it otherwise would be. Or it could go the other way. Who can say?

peekaboo

Nov 4, 2017
I work opposite Westfield and went there on my lunch break. The queue comes out of the building, down the road into the other end of Westfield and round the back. I had my lunch in Westfield in front of people in the queue - the queue didn't move AN INCH in an hour. I doubt anyone from the end of the queue is getting in today. Don't waste your time people.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in London tomorrow but nuts to those queues, someone just tell me if Rowlet merch still exists or if the new gen has already put gen 7 on ice

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember people saying that they dropped the « gotta catch 'em all » slogan and yet it's everywhere.

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Yeah went by the shop today around midday. It looks like a great shop from the outside. I asked the security how long they thought I would be if I got into the queue, they all said I shouldn't as it around an 8 to 9 hour wait.

I left. I feel sorry for all the people who entered there fill with hope and glee, just to find out the news.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How much is people spending on average? I need to budget this alongside my London MCM Budget.

Fusionfrenzy

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 2, 2019
I wanted to go but I will not visit any place in the UK called Pokemon Center. It should be a Centre.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I could see myself spending similar. Going to be picking up all the Sobble merch I can pick up, one or two of the exclusive pieces, and a few plushes on top- it's likely to stack up.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I'll be passing by early next friday, if the queue is longer than... 10 minutes I'm not bothering.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Line was still in the mall when I got in at 7 today, but I can only imagine what it's like now. Good luck to anyone else who tries today. ^^

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I could wait in line that long if Abraham Lincoln himself was doing a meet-and-greet.

Props to those who waited, I can't imagine London is very warm this time of year. I still think a month is way too short for this pop-up store.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Forgot to post my haul from yesterday:

Safe queuing to all those there today, it was crazy yesterday and I assume today will be as crazy if not more so.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing I'm already engaged this weekend and next so no chance to queue all day anyway. Maybe I'll go the following Friday during the day.

Though I'm assuming there's no Stunfisk merch.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
I passed by it yesterday evening around 7PM just to check it out and the queue was in the main hall and ended in the bend, so it was doable to queue. I'm gunna go early tomorrow on Sunday and see if I can get in front, otherwise I think late in the evening might be the best shot on a weekday, but the shelves were looking half empty yesterday evening from a quick glance.

Last edited:

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
If you haven't made it here yet, abort. I've hardly moved in the last 45 minutes and I'm not that far from the entrance in the grand scheme of things. 😭😭😭

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
Ì passed by it yesterday evening around 7PM just to check it out and the queue was in the main hall and ended in the bend, so it was doable to queue. I'm gunna go early tomorrow on Sunday and see if I can get in front, otherwise I think late in the evening might be the best shot on a week day, but the shelves were looking half empty yesterday evening from a quick glance.

That's because they closed the queue at 1pm and it took 6+hours to just move the queue inside the mall...

Today at 8am the queues are already massive outside of the mall and the store isnt even opening for another two hours..

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's a mess. People are staying in the store for like 90 minutes and it's absolutely messing up the in and out system.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
It's a mess. People are staying in the store for like 90 minutes and it's absolutely messing up the in and out system.

That's the main problem here. The staff should be throwing people out after 30 minutes max. The demo stations were not a good idea as you would be queuing for longer just for that.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
That's the main problem here. The staff should be throwing people out after 30 minutes max. The demo stations were not a good idea as you would be queuing for longer just for that.

On the flip side, this whole temporary store thing is presumably solely to advertise Pokemon because there's a new game coming. So having 8 hour queues of people wanting to play Sword/Shield is probably what they want to message to press. It's annoying and not a good shopping experience but they've clearly set up a time limited themed store over the launch of SnS as promo for the game. It's a marketing exercise.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
On the flip side, this whole temporary store thing is presumably solely to advertise Pokemon because there's a new game coming. So having 8 hour queues of people wanting to play Sword/Shield is probably what they want to message to press. It's annoying and not a good shopping experience but they've clearly set up a time limited themed store over the launch of SnS as promo for the game. It's a marketing exercise.

Truth is there're many people like me who don't really care about playing the demo, we just want to get some merch.

They don't really need to market the game to the hardcore fans and I can't believe any non-hardcore will want to queue for 6+ hours to play a demo

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Truth is there're many people like me who don't really care about playing the demo, we just want to get some merch.

They don't really need to market the game to the hardcore fans and I can't believe any non-hardcore will want to queue for 6+ hours to play a demo

No but lots of (non-hardcore) people will see queues around the block and read on social media that there are 6 hour lines and go 'ooooh there's a new Pokemon game out?' and job done.

Hardcore fans would've got jazzed to go to a Pokemon Centre at any time of the year to buy Pokemon merch. I'm sure you (and I!) would've gone if they opened this six months ago. But they didn't, they opened it around the launch of SnS. For a reason.

I get what you're saying 100% and the demo units have definitely made it a miserable time for shoppers. Undeniably. But they're also the sole reason the thing exists. It's marketing for the new game.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Do they have any Sir Fetch'd stuff?

I'm basically not interested in most of the London Pikachu stuff and SnS starters. All I really want is a pin and a basic poke mans plushy like bulbasaur. Wondering if I should even bother going.

Godsent

Jan 11, 2019
No but lots of (non-hardcore) people will see queues around the block and read on social media that there are 6 hour lines and go 'ooooh there's a new Pokemon game out?' and job done.

Hardcore fans would've got jazzed to go to a Pokemon Centre at any time of the year to buy Pokemon merch. I'm sure you (and I!) would've gone if they opened this six months ago. But they didn't, they opened it around the launch of SnS. For a reason.

I get what you're saying 100% and the demo units have definitely made it a miserable time for shoppers. Undeniably. But they're also the sole reason the thing exists. It's marketing for the new game.

Yes totally agreed.

Can't believe how slow this queue been moving...... It moved like 50 people in the last two hours lol....

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'd love to go, but going by those queues it doesn't seem worth it.

I hope they consider opening a permanent store in the UK. The poké-thirst here is real lol

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yes totally agreed.

Can't believe how slow this queue been moving...... It moved like 50 people in the last two hours lol....

Im sending positive vibes to the queue! I was hoping to go tomorrow (I'm in town for EGX) but fuck that! I've been to the ones in Osaka and Tokyo and, if it's anything like those, you'll have a great time! Godspeed!

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Im sending positive vibes to the queue! I was hoping to go tomorrow (I'm in town for EGX) but fuck that! I've been to the ones in Osaka and Tokyo and, if it's anything like those, you'll have a great time! Godspeed!
Yeah I've been to the Tokyo and New York one and just wanted to grab some exclusive stuff for my fiancée since I won't be back in London for a bit. I'm dying here.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My sister and one of her friends were planning to go on Monday but given the insane queue times I think I'll suggest to her to either leave super early or not bother at all for a couple of weeks. No chance I'll go now, I didn't even want to queue for stuff at EGX that had queues that were a couple of hours at most, no chance I'll survive these queues.

Dec 2, 2017
Do they have any Sir Fetch'd stuff?

I'm basically not interested in most of the London Pikachu stuff and SnS starters. All I really want is a pin and a basic poke mans plushy like bulbasaur. Wondering if I should even bother going.
no it's mostly gen 1 and the new starters for plushes.

If anyone goes in today and was able to pick me up a chilly bottle and a snorlax or wailord plush, I would reimburse them and be grateful.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Limiting to 6 items per person seems wild.
Even wilder is the lack of time limit.