• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ultra Beast are not a legendary though?
They are in game code.

Basically, just like Mythicals, there's nothing in game code to differentiate them. Their category is a subset of Legendary Pokémon, for lack of a better term.

Here's a venn diagram style representation

EjYnfG4XcAE1iPH

Light Blue are Sublegendary Pokémon
Green are "Restricted" Legendary Pokémon
Blue is Ultra Beast

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
They are in game code.

Basically, just like Mythicals, there's nothing in game code to differentiate them. Their category is a subset of Legendary Pokémon, for lack of a better term.

Here's a venn diagram style representation

EjYnfG4XcAE1iPH

Light Blue are Sublegendary Pokémon
Green are "Restricted" Legendary Pokémon
Blue is Ultra Beast

Is this image missing Jirachi and Darkrai? Or am I blind?

Nov 25, 2019
The first part of the episode was truly amazing. Loved how Wobbufett has been filming everything with a drone and Jessie, James and Meowth were perfect. I really really want to know what was the truth behind Pikachu's dialogue at the end! Team Rocket keeps delivering and it's awesome. And the episode title cards are just on another level, true art.

Second half was pointless and a snooze fest, we should have stayed with Team Rocket.

Aug 7, 2019
Second half much better than the first(Team Rocket bottle episodes in lairs still just don't feel right for them), the gags were natural instead of forced and Marshtomp and Ludicolo both had charming and silly personalities. Lots of stare downs as well which Pokemon is always good at.

It was also nice to see the obvious solutions keep not working to put to rest the people trying to say the episode wouldn't think of those things.

Though with the end it's hard to know how those dorky mud fishes survive on their own at all.

It already feels like we've seen all of Part 1 of Darkest Days so hopefully 2-4 have surprises.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
You know the appearance of the Ashmons are in dire straits when I get hyped over seeing Gengar on a VA list

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
November 20th: PM2019 046 - Battling & Getting! The Revival of Mewtwo
😳👀👀👀👀👀👀

No way this ain't bait

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The return of the original to be continued page totally caught me off guard today

Good episode

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I thought that the Sword and Shield arc was going to be four episodes. Why are they announcing later episodes before the last one?

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I thought that the Sword and Shield arc was going to be four episodes. Why are they announcing later episodes before the last one?
I think they did something similar for Sun/Moon when one of the titles spoiled that Ash won the Alola league.

Not sure what there is to spoil here, though.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Just watching through the episodes of the Kalos arc from the end of the league finals to the downfall of Lysandre. The moment when all the gym leaders, plus the champions of both Kalos and Sinnoh show up is the best moment in the whole anime.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
This was a nice reminder sword and shield had a bad story. I also wished ash could have defeated that first dynamax. Or at least played a bigger role.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Just watching through the episodes of the Kalos arc from the end of the league finals to the downfall of Lysandre. The moment when all the gym leaders, plus the champions of both Kalos and Sinnoh show up is the best moment in the whole anime.

I can't stand the serious story arc for most Pokemon anime, especially Kalos. It had this ugly red filter overlay and the plot is somehow even dumber than the original games. Felt like there was something wrong with my monitor.

Nov 25, 2019
Oh, Ash remembered he has other Pokémon*

*Galar Farfetch'd not included.

Dogasu has translated an interview with a producer, and this quote is kind of interesting:

"... For Gou, it's how he's coming across more and more Pokémon whom he has to actually face off against in battle instead of just chucking Monster Balls at them and calling it a day. This is a challenge for us on the production side as well; since we set it up so that Gou wants to get all the Pokémon then that means we're eventually have to figure out what to do with the legendary and mythical Pokémon, you know? These aren't things we're going to be something we'll be able to wrap up in a single episode so we're going to have to take our time and come up with the answers during the course of this series."

The non-answer gave here and how they didn't really address this problem on the Zapdos episode keeps the weirdness going with Goh's goal. I hope the upcoming Mewtwo episode clears something about it, otherwise it will just seem like they have no idea where they want to go.

Oh and I also love how they say it is important for Goh to battle sometimes, but they have done a horrible way of showing how Goh is suddenly a skilled battler.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
If I could trash every TR conflict episode and replace it with Goh catches shitmons then fights and catches a competent mon as he did with Flygon I would

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I did like how Leon and Sonia were low key being compared to Ash and Goh's relationship last episode.

Nov 25, 2019
Gengar doing something is nice, and trying to give TR a role here is kind of cool- excited for Giga-Meowth destroying everything. Ash should have T-Bolted those idiot workers tho.

They're somehow making the average story from SwSh look very bad. Hope they can do better the next two episodes.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon XYZ accomplished 'serious' Pokemon perfectly with its final set of episodes. I know people think SM was the best thing ever, but I'd rank both evenly for doing equally well at their very different respective tone.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Baffled that anyone actually liked the Kalos plotline. Everything from Lysandres motivations to the little girl cheering like its her birthday at him being killed was just alien. Zygardes voice was nails on a chalkboard too.

Even worse when every episode had this hideous red filter
624fd6f292eaf626468530c00579c9538d3544b6r1-630-419v2_hq.jpg

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Memories of how bad Sword & Shield's story is.
Like how bad is it that Rose is unleashing a eldritch horror to perhaps keep Galar energy efficient and his own brother is hanging out where a Regi who is described to be capable of powering unlimited energy basically lives.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Memories of how bad Sword & Shield's story is.
I think the anime is actually doing a worse job of presenting it even if the original is bare bones. I meanit's rushed, there is not really a build up to Rose and Olenna, and with the case of the latter, she got a reduced role with her signature Pokemon given to some random mook and her not being the creator of the Daimax band.

Not to mention the animation is bad so far.

Everything surrounding Team Flare and Lysandre is bad.
Game-wise, I mostly agree, but they did have good music themes. Also the anime did a much better job at expanding their roles than the games.

Nov 25, 2019
Baffled that anyone actually liked the Kalos plotline. Everything from Lysandres motivations to the little girl cheering like its her birthday at him being killed was just alien. Zygardes voice was nails on a chalkboard too.

Even worse when every episode had this hideous red filter
624fd6f292eaf626468530c00579c9538d3544b6r1-630-419v2_hq.jpg
I'm a sucker for "big reunion" moments, where characters from the whole series appear for the big finale. The Team Flare plot had that with the Gym Leaders, Blaziken Mask, Sycamore and the champions. I loved that they made everyone useful and contributed to the plot! (Even if Shota was demoted to Team B and Serena got a last minute damsel in distress moment). I actually liked the Eureka scene, and loved both Puni and Bluni-chan so :P

Alain's whole character is another can of worms and the only major thing I dislike about the arc.

DP and SM also had very good game arc adaptations. Journeys is making a bad job so far.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
The most random thing about the whole Flare/Zygarde plot was that giant mega stone that absorbed Chespin and turned into a fake Zygarde for some reason.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a sucker for "big reunion" moments, where characters from the whole series appear for the big finale. The Team Flare plot had that with the Gym Leaders, Blaziken Mask, Sycamore and the champions. I loved that they made everyone useful and contributed to the plot! (Even if Shota was demoted to Team B and Serena got a last minute damsel in distress moment). I actually liked the Eureka scene, and loved both Puni and Bluni-chan so :P

Alain's whole character is another can of worms and the only major thing I dislike about the arc.

DP and SM also had very good game arc adaptations. Journeys is making a bad job so far.

It also depends what you want out of this IP. Ive never cared about the world ending serious arcs, and its an IP that means a lot to me because of how cartoony and weird it is more than anything. All the overarching villain stories read like bad fanfiction, but they're unfortunately just real.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

I'd agree with DP, but thought SM changed key characters like Lusamine too much from their game counterparts for it to be enjoyable. She is my fav Poke villain, but her portrayal in the anime was just... lame, honestly. I am all for expanding on a villain's plot like XYZ did to great effect, but the characters' personalities should at least remain intact.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I'd agree with DP, but thought SM changed key characters like Lusamine too much from their game counterparts for it to be enjoyable. She is my fav Poke villain, but her portrayal in the anime was just... lame, honestly. I am all for expanding on a villain's plot like XYZ did to great effect, but the characters' personalities should at least remain intact.
SM taking liberties with the story and characters was for the best. I love the games story but I also already know it. Let the anime change things up.