• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gou having a Raichu would be great... And it would have made more sense to have a jealousy Pikachu episode after setting something like that up

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't carry around a raichonker on your shoulder.
Ash is used to that weight on his shoulders:
ujogarq5rfsbalzssnqb.jpg

You can't get abs without lifting some 'mon around
svqsasimnuedffteczan.jpg

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So basically, female Pikachu chases Ash's Pikachu with a Thunderstone. They go behind a rock. Evolution happens. Evolution is a male Pikachu into a Raichu
AO3zTKW.png

I call obvious fakeout

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
So basically, female Pikachu chases Ash's Pikachu with a Thunderstone. They go behind a rock. Evolution happens. Evolution is a male Pikachu into a Raichu
AO3zTKW.png

I call obvious fakeout
The fun of this episode is going to be more Ash thinking Pikachu evolved than actually thinking Pikachu evolved. This should be an entertaining episode.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Ash got fucking obliterated. Liked how they had Bea have a connection to Korrina when she called her weak and that made Ash upset

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
AO3zTKW.png

I call obvious fakeout

They have already shown that he can easily identify Pikachu from other identical looking Pikachu. If he really gets tricked by a pretender....

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Episode: Ash has not lost a single match in this league yet
Ash: I haven't lost yet

Me: So obviously he loses this episode. Like these are some super obvious flags being raised lol

*Ash loses*

Me: *pretends to be shocked*

Aug 7, 2019
So the Beamatch is 5 weeks away

Kukui will help Ash train for it, Riolu will evolve in one of the September episodes

Alola welcoming in the restart of school year

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just watched episode 34, and man you know it's going to be rough one when they actually have the trainer using stat moves.

Nov 25, 2019
Amazing episode with some unfortunate things.

*Bea was awesome. In a series in desperate need for female characters, the writers give us a rival with attitude. Perfect! I loved her straightforward style, and I'm excited to see if she is really a rival or only the catalyst for Riolu's evolution. Please, we need her to be at least a recurring character!

*The battle was fantastic, even if it showcases the poor management of Ash's team at the moment. Iwane was allowed to shine with a speedy Hawlucha and a creepy Grapploct with terrifying movements. I loved the latter fighting style! Riolu put up a good fight and I'm glad it had the usual strategies, but man, his fighting types are so weak. Galar Farfetch'd is stuck with two dark-type moves and he hasn't been able to address the flaws of Brutal Swing.

*"She was soft". While I appreciate the extra layers that Bea's dismissal of Korrina brings to the table, it seems a lil' bit unnecessary. Hope she does elaborate further. Poor fighting-type gym leaders being called weaklings after a loss. I hope Korrina takes her loss better than Maylene.

*I hope the writers stick the landing of the "Ash's loss arc" thing they want to do. They are making a huge deal of it and it's already showing some bad signs, but let's hope they do it.

*The "Ash has been on a winning streak" recap at the beginning had Galar Farfetch'd on it... When did that happen? Are we supposed to think that poor thing had battle experience before today?

*It's bad that the second official battle of Goh (and his first victory which was also against a powerful trainer) was not shown. It's ironic, the series has a problem with Goh's catching sprees being shoehorned into every Ash episode and the only time that Goh's screentime would have been great... they just don't do it. It seems like we missed a crucial development of Goh and are expected to fill in the blanks. I now know why he's going to be the hero of the Flygon episode, he's got battle skills offscreen.

*We need more Bea. As a rival, as a friendly rival, I don't care.

They have already shown that he can easily identify Pikachu from other identical looking Pikachu. If he really gets tricked by a pretender....
"It's Journeys, anything can happen!!!" If Ash fails to recognize Pikachu... now that would have been a great reason for Pikachu to feel bad and run away.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how annoyed people would be if they did just make Pikachu evolve as a joke rather than making a huge event about it. Obviously it won't happen though.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah I totally forgot Aerodactyl is in Alola...

Where some dude on a boat just gives it to you (though like that's basically how Gou gets all his Pokemon so...)

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Ash has gotten a Dragonite, Riolu, Gengar, and a g-Farfetchd within 34 episodes. How is that nothing??? This show already has issues balancing Gou's Pokémon. If Ash was catching at the same or near the rate as Gou. We would never see them.
We hardly see Ash's catches anyway other than Riolu. When was Gengar's last appearance? It feels like it's been awhile.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I miss how Alola regularly had scenes of all of Ash's Pokemon hanging out together and just chilling.

That's always something I like to see. Like, I haven't watched up to the current episode, but like do any of his Pokemon ever share screentime now? Bar Pikachu, and Riolu and Fardetch'd. Like have Gengar and Dragonite ever been on screen at once?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
AO3zTKW.png

I call obvious fakeout
This sounds like "Bye-Bye Psyduck!" but with less uncomfortable abuse overtones.

OP
OP
Serebii

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Summary for next week features Pikachu voiced by Ikue Ohtani

EglygezWoAEjQy0

Galo

One Winged Slayer
Jul 31, 2020
Germany
Summary for next week features Pikachu voiced by Ikue Ohtani

EglygezWoAEjQy0
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Oh no who in the world could have seen that coming? :O /s

I've been really enjoying the series so far. Doesn't quite reach Alola-levels yet, because I'm rather indifferent towards Gou, but let's be honest beating the alola family was pretty difficult in the first place.
I hope Ash gets Grookey soon, I want to see my happy-go-lucky baby in the anime :3

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Looks like AshandSerena got their hands on pokefan, hopefully there's something good inside

Looks like Riolu won't evolve before Bea 2, and Goh is fighting Kiawe in the Alola episode (Raboot vs Turtonator)

Last edited: