• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I see a lot of people say Go shouldn't get strong pokemon but it doesn't bother me since he doesn't use them in traditional trainer battles much. And Golurk is fine cause it seems to be some sort of protector for Go's mons at the lab and likely won't get to leave much.
It is what it is. People are just gonna have to get used to Gou getting more powerful Pokémon. His dream is to catch them all after all.

Like you said I doubt Golurk is gonna be used much after this.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
does Gou even use all these Pokemon? I haven't been able to watch each ep yet lol
He uses them if he needs to. He's used Scyther and Beedrill outside of the episodes he caught them in. He did use Darmantian in today's episode after he caught it. He does seem to take mons with him when he leaves the lab shown in today and next week's episode.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I swear I remember a pencil case with anime art right before the show aired that had Gengar, Lucario, and Dragonite?

Or am I imagining that?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
He uses them if he needs to. He's used Scyther and Beedrill outside of the episodes he caught them in. He did use Darmantian in today's episode after he caught it. He does seem to take mons with him when he leaves the lab shown in today and next week's episode.
I watched this week's ep and it was pretty cool! I like how they depicted the raid battle and it was nice seeing Gou's Pokemon chilling afterwards at least. I guess I just have to get used to the new direction.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
This is something I'm really happy that the anime has made a regular thing. I just wonder if they can keep it up when the numbers get really big lol

He can catch full hp Darmanitan just throwing a regular ball at its face. I think hes just there so they have a reason for Pokemon to show up in episodes for a second. Giant Golurk just kinda part of his collection too.

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If it's all Kanto, I think this is Ash's last series.
Or if he gets Dunsparce, it's definitely his last series.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Between Go and Colorvar, they are good at representing the Pokémon Go players everyone hates.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hope is that the teams aren't going to be locked to the first 6 caught and they will be rotating them all throughout the entire season, since the Lab setup does allow them to do that.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Go is truly gonna catch 'em all!

Soon:
rW98Is6.jpg

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Go represents actual Pokemon much better than Ash does. The former catches everything to fill the dex, the latter only those he forms a bond with first. Nobody plays the Pokemon games like that.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Hope is that the teams aren't going to be locked to the first 6 caught and they will be rotating them all throughout the entire season, since the Lab setup does allow them to do that.
Besides the Mr.Mime, this would be a fairly good team. Gengar, Dragonite, and a souped up Pikachu is a legit Kanto team.

Ash needs to catch Mewtwo though.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Besides the Mr.Mime, this would be a fairly good team. Gengar, Dragonite, and a souped up Pikachu is a legit Kanto team.

Ash needs to catch Mewtwo though.

As someone from the UK and wanting to see some Galar Pokemon, as well as being tired of Kanto for a couple of years now. This is actually hell.

Someone get a Sobble at least, please.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact Ash has mostly Kanto mons tell me that he's poised to get his shit kicked in by someone with Galar mons

Or maybe this is supposed to be Pokemon's version of the new yugioh show and has not bearing on merch. You can't really shill new pokemon if the MC has nothing but Kanto mon and Go catches whatever crosses his eyes and then never uses it

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Go represents actual Pokemon much better than Ash does. The former catches everything to fill the dex, the latter only those he forms a bond with first. Nobody plays the Pokemon games like that.

Id bet money most players have no interest in completing the dex and just made a team of creatures they liked and mostly stuck with that. Go represents Pokemon GO and nothing else, where you don't have to battle pokemon to catch them and can just spam pokeballs. He literally has no interest in battling.... you know the entire gameplay of the videogame?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
As it's Pokemon Day, the Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution movie just went up on Netflix today.

So I'm here to remind you that The Power of Us is also on Netflix and you should go watch that instead. You'll have a much better time.

movie21-netflix-169-en.jpg

Rewatch Power of Us even if you have already seen. You've pretty much already seen Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution anyway if you ever watched the original. The original also has the benefit of hand drawn animation and also shorter with less padding as well.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked Power of Us. It essentially takes 6 or so characters who would normally have single episode stories in the show, then interweaves them across the whole film to make a more connected story.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
As it's Pokemon Day, the Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution movie just went up on Netflix today.

So I'm here to remind you that The Power of Us is also on Netflix and you should go watch that instead. You'll have a much better time.

movie21-netflix-169-en.jpg

Rewatch Power of Us even if you have already seen. You've pretty much already seen Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution anyway if you ever watched the original. The original also has the benefit of hand drawn animation and also shorter with less padding as well.
Thanks for the reminder, was looking forward to watching Mewtwo.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Power of Us was okay, thought it'd be better from the impressions I saw around here

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
it's a pokemon movie at the end of the day. Okay is the high end for them

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Do you guys watch all the pokemon movies cause we've been getting a stream of stinkers for years before Power of Us so I think that adds to the positive impressions lol

It'll be a long time till I'm willing to let them off for that Hoopa movie

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen better. Granted, I haven't seen one in quite some time. I used to make sure to watch each one, then I got bored and stopped lol
I just recently watched all of them (besides the most recent ones anyways) and most of them really aren't very good. For one, almost all of them follow the same formula.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just recently watched all of them (besides the most recent ones anyways) and most of them really aren't very good. For one, almost all of them follow the same formula.

I was fine with that formula for the most part when I was younger, in the sense that the new legendary/mythical gets to flex, and I'd be cool with that. Nothing to write home about, but it made me want to have one lol

In general, the movies where the star Pokemon felt like a chump (looking at you Lugia) were the ones I disliked the most.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dunno if Team Rocket has Cramorant under their control like some speculate but that needs to happen in the show.