• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDanger

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wanna listen to more live music, recently I stumbled upon this live performance of Heaven Tonight by Cheap Trick and I can't stop listening.

Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight live at Capitol Theatre

If anyone got any recommendations based on that please share, but of course you can post any live music video.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend btw

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
All I've been doing the last few days has been watching Old Grey Whistle Test videos on YouTube. Never knew this existed (I'm 40 and from the US)... how is it that the BBC always has the best music shows? I think it ended in the 80s and then Jools Holland started on the 90s

Hard to pick one but still - https://youtu.be/D_if2PKkUjk

Last edited:

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
OP Any Cheap Trick is better live. Hell, they broke the mainstream with a live album.

The live performance that blew me away were two songs Lady Gaga performed on Howard Stern a decade ago. Didn't really know much about her except making dance songs. Holy crap she killed and I still watch that from time to time.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I like this because I have done a little gigging and know exactly how it feels when shit doesn't work and Paul handles it with such grace and manages to keep the crowd happy and entertained while he's at it.

www.youtube.com

Paul Gilbert - The "Jeff Has No Monitors" Song+Spaceship One

Paul and the band are still having a lot of trouble with their monitors, so he just invents this song...Teatro Teleton, Santiago, Chile.July 6th, 2007.*UPDAT...

Wate

May 22, 2019
The entire 30/12/93 Nirvana gig at the Great Western Forum in LA. Despite being only a few months before Kurt's suicide, and most of their other shows at the time being characterized by him playing really fast to just get through it and go home, barely moving or speaking, this one show was one of his most upbeat and energetic. One of the only shows in the latter half of the band's existence where Kurt seems to be having a genuinely good time.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

And before people say this is a music video, it's not. Jonna Lee's iamamiwhoami project did an hour live concert in 2010 in a wooded area of Sweden. It's an incredibly well produced production that is still mind blowing to this day. I have yet to see another artist pull something off like this.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Not my favorite but everyone should watch the first ever Rage Against The Machine show. It's amazing to see the crowd just go from nothing to getting bigger and bigger.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Not my favorite but everyone should watch the first ever Rage Against The Machine show. It's amazing to see the crowd just go from nothing to getting bigger and bigger.

Their public appearance? That's incredible.

Still absolutely bonkers.

This is great! Prince is shredding it. And Petty's voice is perfect for this cover. Could you imagine what rehearsals were like? Lol

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Definitely Blind Guardian's performances acRoss their entire run. Bard Song and Valhalla really emphasize why though. The crowd participation is just immaculate.

Last edited:

Eegah

Oct 27, 2017
There are too many to list them all. And picking just one favorite? You might as well ask me to pick my favorite child. Anyway, here are some good ones:

I could list dozens more.

Azem

Oct 25, 2017

Timestamps in the comments, I recommend Kamikaze, Trust Me, Accelerate/Fade Away and Insects. But really, if you have the time, the whole damn thing. If you do not listen to Susanne Sundfør, then you are not living your life to the fullest and I'm very, very disappointed in you.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Hey another excuse to post this clip! I was at this concert and it was like two days after John had broken up with Jennifer Aniston. I was not a John Mayer fan going into this show, but I left with a ton of feels.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Definitely Blind Guardian's performances acRoss their entire run. Bard Song and Valhalla really emphasize why though. The crowd participation is just immaculate.

Agreed. Last time I saw BG live, Hansi practically didn't even sing The Bard's Song because the crowd had it covered, and Valhalla goes on for eternity with the crowd singing the refrain.

Relevant to this, I'd say when I saw Demons & Wizards last year and at the end they played a few Iced Earth and BG songs. I went to the NYC show and Matt Barlow came out of nowhere to finish Iced Earth's "I Died for You".

Anyway, my contribution would be pretty much anything by Heilung (the song used in the Hell Blade 2 trailer was theirs). Saw them in January and their performance was quite the experience as one long druidic ritual.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Agreed. Last time I saw BG live, Hansi practically didn't even sing The Bard's Song because the crowd had it covered, and Valhalla goes on for eternity with the crowd singing the refrain.

Relevant to this, I'd say when I saw Demons & Wizards last year and at the end they played a few Iced Earth and BG songs. I went to the NYC show and Matt Barlow came out of nowhere to finish Iced Earth's "I Died for You".

Anyway, my contribution would be pretty much anything by Heilung (the song used in the Hell Blade 2 trailer was theirs). Saw them in January and their performance was quite the experience as one long druidic ritual.

Oh hey, I was at that D&W show too! Absolutely beautiful moment that none of the other cities on the tour got. Hell of a way for a band to make a big comeback after all these years.

Heilung is amazing and yeah, they definitely put on some of the most incredible live shows out there.

Rabbit

Feb 24, 2018
I'm a sucker for visuals when it comes to live performances and Muse never disappoints me.

Oct 27, 2017
AFI being one of my favorite bands and one of the best live bands have some good ones out there.

For production and sound quality, I'll share their performance of The Cure's Just Like Heaven (which is fantastic) from MTV:Icon

But for just a general idea of their live vibe, here's a video from over a year ago playing a song that never had an official wide release, was never played live before and never got air play but is widely considered their best b-side/rafe song (Synesthesia).

Davey's reaction to the crowd singing the first chorus is priceless:

Edit: I forgot that vid just has the reaction, but a static camera. Better "vibes" here:

youtu.be

AFI - Synesthesia @The Observatory North Park San Diego CA

Synesthesia @60fps from center barricade.

Last edited:

Voodoowoolf

Oct 31, 2017
When that LSD HITS... SO GOOOOOOOOD

He was actually peaking on LSD during this performance... He was suppose to be on later but his set got moved and so had to play during the peak of his trip. He handles it like a boss. Interviews where he talks about it on the web too.

Last edited:

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Neil Young's Live at Massey Hall is probably my favourite live album ever. Unfortunately the show was not filmed but it doesn't really need any visuals.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I totally get why people dunk on Disturbed a lot but their cover of Sound of Silence is legitimately fucking good IMO.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
This god tier alternate live version of Porcelina of the Vast Ocean by The Smashing Pumpkins from 2000 is beyond amazing to me. The build up, piano, drumming, etc, etc. Took an amazing song and somehow made it even more glorious. Also, the look Corgan and Chamberlin give each other as they are palying towards the end is priceless.

Last edited: