• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

Noémie Wolfs - Wake Me Up

► Download or stream Wake Me Up here: https://NoemieWolfs.lnk.to/WakeMeUp_► Download or stream the album Lonely Boys Paradise here: https://NoemieWolfs.lnk.t...

This is the former singer from the band Hooverphonic by the way

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i was going to say its just pop

but heres straight from the wikipedia

juozGBm.jpg

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The genre just sounds like pop. Maybe indie pop I guess. But it sounds like something on Top 40 radio.
i was going to say its just pop

but heres straight from the wikipedia

juozGBm.jpg
Pop, maybe synth-pop if trying to whittle down more specific.
That's pop (a broad thing, I know)
Ah, interesting. I don't listen to a lot of pop

I think it's called "Big Coat Pop".

Here's another example.

Lol I thought you were trolling when I clicked the link, but this is actually suprisingly accurate

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
Contemporary pop. Emphasis on sound design. According to Spotify fans also listen to Tessa Dixson, Tout Va Bien, Glints, and Solider's Heart.

I don't know what any of it is, but the song reminded me of Gotye. I understand the appeal, it's very modern to be all about sound design now that everything is made digitally, but I do miss greater play with harmony and melody - not to say that isn't prevelant, but it's nothing special. The bass is fun though. I mean wikipedia categorize her as trip-hop, which I don't understand at all but if you want trip-hop and fun bass then go listen to Risingson by Massive Attack.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
That's just pop a bit more indie, rock sounding tho. But could also just be that particular song.

Status
Not open for further replies.