• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
So few weeks ago an notable Hearthstone player and streamer, Purple got accused for serious sexual allegation. This is the call out tweet.

Purple's terrible response

So following these event, Purple got fired from his team. Team Liquid. You would think that's gonna shamed out the dude from this career, aparrently not. Starting from yesterday he starting his stream again, pretending nothing happened and its worked, he reach his regular number and get a lot of subs.

Its disgusting. Blizzard and a lot of prominent streamer try to deafening their ear because most of them are Purple's friend. So I"ll try to raise clout about this, the accuser is pretty credible person. She is enthusiastic young women that helping a lot of inspiring streamer/pros settling to the scene. I dont know her personally but as an ex player that getting few thousand of dollar from hs scene its inenvitable I know about her.

Not sure if I should link his channel directly in this thread but its easy enough to find. And thats fucked up. Purple may be not as major as other person in gaming that already got repercussion from their action. But he can easily live comfortably with his average number on twitch. And he not deserve such a platform.

Feel free to proofread this mod, because my english certainly not perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

hal9000gr

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
you want to condemn this guy before any trial. thats even worse.

Sep 14, 2018
I doubt Twitch will ban the stream regardless of reports. They'll just say technically nothing happened cause she asked him to leave.
you want to condemn this guy before any trial. thats even worse.
Men bringing up sex at inappropriate times while drunk is extremely believable. And what trial? She's sharing her experience not suing him.

By the way, Team Liquid's statement where they cut him says he has a tendency to act inappropriately toward women.

Last edited:

Mr G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Trying to destroy someones career without any evidence.....
Look i understand you try to defend the girl but what if this guy is innocent, you think it's normal to do this?

I would wait for proof before boycotting someone

OP
OP
fertygo

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Look i understand you try to defend the girl but what if this guy is innocent, you think it's normal to do this?

You only need to look one post above you sir, his team already does some investigation and found he had some bad tendency.

Concerning Purple

Today we announce that we are parting ways with Purple. This is by no means a decision we have made lightly and comes off the back of…

Its also a good statement regarding believing accuser from their team manager.

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Why is it so hard to believe women?

Do I seriously have to link this video each and every time someone pops up with a statement like this. What kind of evidence are you fucking expecting to find?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's not on us. That's on Twitch, informing to Twitch this guy has been accused of sexual harassment is not 'ending his career', is Twitch the one to decide what to do with the information provided.

Although considering his trash response, personally I have very little doubt.

TheHoneyDuke

Banned
Apr 7, 2020
To be fair the OP could report Purple themselves. Going on a forum to get people to mass report him is trying to force twitch's hand.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean that mass reporting is all is needed to get a ban in Twitch?

Mass reporting forces Twitch hand in looking seriously into this rather than a surface look, not in forcing the ban.

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't that report function specifically for things that are happening on stream? I don't think this is going to accomplish anything, it's not an auto-ban.

TheHoneyDuke

Banned
Apr 7, 2020
You mean that mass reporting is all is needed to get a ban in Twitch?

Mass reporting forces Twitch hand in looking seriously into this rather than a surface look, not in forcing the ban.
Twitch is a private company like team liquid. Both can drop him rather than wait to see how things play out. The way OP posting about stopping Purple from making money sounds personal. Also is there more to the story than the one link Tina put up? That's all I personally know about this topic

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
User Banned (3 Days): Dismissive driveby
First of all, that Twitch function is for CONTENT THAT IS CREATED ON STREAM. Just lobbing reports like that will do nothing because Twitch staff will review the stream content and decide that your report was inaccurate.

Second, I will not help "cancel" people because you made a thread.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Is it 2% proven false or 2% false allegations total ? In either case it's not exactly a reliable number. ( because just like you cant prove guilt in many of these situations, you cant prove innocence either, so many situations would remain unsettled )
Also depends which field. Spousal dispute about child custody are a mine field for false accusations left and right, from each side.

To me the situation always clears up by looking at people's history and what others say about them.

In this case it seems this guy had issues and his team attests he doesnt treat women a great way.

And his go to I LL SUE U defense doesnt inspire confidence.

I believe her.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it works that way, like you can't ask Facebook or Youtube to ban a racist's account just because they're known as racists as long as the content of their account is 'clean'.

But you know the next best thing to do? Report sexual harassment apologists in this very thread.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Wow some of those posts. Basically "I'd rather believe the 2% chance that this asshole random streamer is innocent than believe a woman who has a 98% chance of being truthful"
Fucking shameful

Oct 17, 2018
Wow some of those posts. Basically "I'd rather believe the 2% chance that this asshole random streamer is innocent than believe a woman who has a 98% chance of being truthful"
Fucking shameful
Except that's not what anyone has said. I'm not saying to not believe the person, but I'm not gonna mass report a dude for something that we don't know is 100% true.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, when it comes to destroying someones life, I would not take that chance if you asked me to bet on it.

I'm gonna end this discussion with this:

You are more concerned about the '2%' of dudes losing their stream career and having to look for a normal job.
I'm more concerned about the '98%' of dudes that acts with total impunity and destroying or affecting people lives and can silence their victims because at the moment of true they know they won't be affected thanks to people more concerned over that '2%'.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Even before getting into this 2% vs 98% argument, the bottom line is that he hasn't actually done anything on twitch yet. It sucks, it really does, but this is on twitch's end. The best you can do is raise awareness of this situation around the net.

getting people to mass flag someone is literally some kiwi farms-esque tactics

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Except that's not what anyone has said.

2% is a massive number when it comes to destroying someones life or not my dude.

I'm a cis male, so I'm gonna let this person explain to you.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60behldbA6U&feature=emb_title

Even before getting into this 2% vs 98% argument, the bottom line is that he hasn't actually done anything on twitch yet. It sucks, it really does, but this is on twitch's end. The best you can do is raise awareness of this situation around the net.

He has a public platform and a public image. If someone rapes, and has a rape accusation on them are you gonna say that Twitch isn't gonna ban them because he hasn't done anything on Twitch?

OP
OP
fertygo

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I think I mostly know the report function is "useless" guys

but its still some kind of clout, and you can even add context in the textbox in reporting tools

btw some really terrible response here despite I already shed some context for the accuser credibility here.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much this

Ravager777

Jan 1, 2018
Sad to see stuff like this. Also dick move to go straight to suing her. If the story was completely made up, a warning would have sufficed. I hope she's alright despite all things considering.

Edit: Seems I misread and she hasn't been sued yet?

OP
OP
fertygo

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
You and guy that you quoted..

Don't ya'll this is the way to raise the awareness?

His platform is how he gain such a influence to the victim in the first place, and you think flagging this platform is the bad move here despite this is what the guy alleged to do with his influence?

Jebus dude

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, I'm supposed to care about this guys source of income? Too bad, he should learn on how to be a fucking better person. Fuck him. Liquid found his actions inappropriate and what not, and dropped him.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Twitch probably doesn't ban accounts/destroy and ruin people's lives based on how many reports there are.
Presumably what a bunch of reports does is float the account in some list of priorities for Twitch's mod team to take a look at.

Twitch should at least be made aware that a person using the platform to bolster their status and gain an audience, has a history of inappropriate behavior towards women.

Technically Twitch's report function doesn't let you report incidents like this.
So 1, I don't know that Twitch cares about them, and 2, you kind of have to misrepresent the situation in order to report it.

I reported it under "Somewhere else > On another site or service > Hate speech, harassment, or abuse > Harassing or bullying someone"
Doesn't represent the situation particularly well, but is probably about as close as you can get. Gets you to a form where you can fill in details and post links regarding what you're actually reporting.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017

His platform is how he gain such a influence to the victim in the first place, and you think flagging this platform is the bad move here despite this is what the guy alleged to do with his influence?

Jebus dude
It does nothing as this is meant for stuff happening on stream. Only you and twitch see it. They check his streams and find nothing and ignore the rest of the complaints. It does nothing to raise awareness. What does is making a thread here about it or constantly bring it up on Twitter. Not brigadding a system no one sees.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It does nothing as this is meant for stuff happening on stream. Only you and twitch see it. They check his streams and find nothing and ignore the rest of the complaints. It does nothing to raise awareness. What does is making a thread here about it or constantly bring it up on Twitter. Not brigadding a system no one sees.
I think the goal here is to make Twitch aware, not others.
There is a "Somewhere else" category for incidents that happened outside of a Twitch stream.

OP
OP
fertygo

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I think the goal here is to make Twitch aware, not others.
There is a "Somewhere else" category for incidents that happened outside of a Twitch stream.
Yep.

I also want to add just because some asshole use mass reporting for wrong cause before its doesn't mean its cannot be used for the right cause. Its up to the responsible authority to digesting and investigating such reports.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
User banned (1 month): dismissing concerns around sexual assault
Okay I just read her accusations and good lord this might get me banned but while what he did was shitty in the end he made some avances got refused and just left? I mean he did not force himself on her right?

Trying to destroy this guy's career on Twitch is a bit extreme no? Or am I missing something.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look at his response. Look at the video I sent.

False accusations only account for 2% of all accusations from women made by men.

I've always had a question about the 2% number that gets thrown around.

We believe women because it's basically impossible to prove sexual assault or harassment most of the time. Which makes sense, it usually boils down to a he said she said quite often sadly.

But if proving sexual abuse is impossible, how the fuck do we know 2% of cases are false?

This is where I always get confused.

If we can prove 98% of accusations are true, shouldn't we then be able to pass judgement on people when that proof comes to light?

And if we can't prove most sexual harassment, how did we get this magical 2% number?

I'm not taking a side either way here, but as a person trying to understand all the shit that goes on in this world every day I am always confused by the arguments made on both sides of this.

OP
OP
fertygo

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I just read her accusations and good lord this might get me banned but while what he did was shitty in the end he made some avances got refused and just left? I mean he did not force himself on her right?

Trying to destroy this guy's career on Twitch is a bit extreme no? Or am I missing something.
if you read this and "boys will be boys" crossing to your mind, you have issue tolerating rape culture mate.

Trigger Warning

This is exact same scenario that lead most of us leaving the old site.
will edit out the word quote choice after few minute

Last edited:

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
He has a public platform and a public image. If someone rapes, and has a rape accusation on them are you gonna say that Twitch isn't gonna ban them because he hasn't done anything on Twitch?

Don't put words in my mouth; if Twitch decides that they don't want to associate with him purely because they want to distance themselves from his image, they are free to do that, and they probably should. Trying to get him on a reporting service that is primarily more for breaking Twitch TOS's is another thing entirely, and likely won't be effective at all.

Jebus dude

let me ask you this; when you organize your flag campaign and it doesn't work, because Twitch is notoriously awful for acting on these issues unless it's stuff caught on stream itself, what's the next step? Doxxing him?

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I don't think reporting him to Twitch will actually do anything unless he does something against their TOS on stream.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
if you read this and "boys will be boys" crossing to your mind, you have issue tolerating rape culture mate.

Trigger Warning

This is exact same scenario that lead most of us leaving the old site.
will edit out the word quote choice after few minute
Yeah, that seems pretty cut and dry. No one makes an advance by sticking their hands up someone else's shirt.