• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
I'm seeking the cheapest option, while, also being reliable.

Is third party sufficient?
If not, where would you recommend buying the official charger?

He owns the original 1000 model.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I have a few third party USB cables and they've been fine. Pair it with any of the doubtlessly countless numbers of USB wall plugs you already have.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I no longer have a Vita 1000 model, but when I did I used a third party cable for years. You shouldn't have any problems.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm in the same situation but not. My 64GB Vita memory card straight up died. I don't know HOW, but It's basically unreadable now. I have a 2gb one that works, but boy oh boy, you really can't play games on a 2gb card for Vita. It's a shame because they're sooo expensive. I wish it was just a normal SD card reader.

gameovergreggy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I'm in the same situation but not. My 64GB Vita memory card straight up died. I don't know HOW, but It's basically unreadable now. I have a 2gb one that works, but boy oh boy, you really can't play games on a 2gb card for Vita. It's a shame because they're sooo expensive. I wish it was just a normal SD card reader.
I have at least a 32GB card I can send you. DM me.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Hi. Greg Miller, Vita Guy here. I have an extra cable if you just want it for free. DM me the addy.

SoupyHomelyBittern-size_restricted.gif

Man, I love the Vita...

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Didn't know there were those converters so that I can use a regular charger. I am so afraid my wire would fail and leave my vita dead as its starting to get difficult to find replacements. Anyone have a link for this product in amazon US? PSVita1000用変換アダプタ【かんたん変換シリーズ microUSB⇒PSVita1000用】 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013SEYNXY/

Just posted my P4D physical copy problem on the birthday thread. Hoping someone can help here since everyone seems friendly and knowledgable of vita stuff. Sorry for the off topic question.

Quick query about vita game cards. Does the save memory die? The card just stops being able to save and each time I open the game, the save is gone. I had my P4D physical copy in my vita for a few years now and I only encountered this after I bought P5D and P3D digital. I'd rebuy it digital if that would fix it. I was foolish to not have a copy of my 80 hour P4D save in the cloud.

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well ask in this thread: where's the best place to buy an sd2vita? I've been using (and struggling with) an 8GB card all of this time lol

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Might as well ask in this thread: where's the best place to buy an sd2vita? I've been using (and struggling with) an 8GB card all of this time lol
I don't think there's much difference between sellers, as long as you buy one with the highest version. When I bought mine a few months ago the newest was 5.0 and it works OK.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Good Guy Greg lol

Third party solutions work decent enough I ended up getting two extra 3rd party cords a few years ago just in case.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I love how the OP has not come back to the thread to see she is being given a free cable