• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for the next OT Name

• Moves 100 times faster than |OT8|

Votes: 196 25.9%
  • PS5 on the Horizon

Votes: 90 11.9%
  • Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Because Sony/Nintendo deliver here like no other. And they don't do a whole lot of communication.
I don't agree with his statement that the communication of Sony is bad for two years, but what does communication have to do with delivering amazing first party games? Your post doesn't make sense imo.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I just got off work and saw that 7 new pages were added in less than 4 hours and I knew immediately that random Tuesday was real.

1*pWjfO5Pf0qPTmFcY6Gk-3A.gif

Joo

May 25, 2018
Sony communication has been thrash for over 2 years now so I don't see any big changes in the near future.
I don't know what is it with the constant complaining. Sony announced many games pretty early in their dev cycle and has probably been gearing towards PS5 with new game announcements for more than two years now.

It should be very clear to everyone what we're going to get with PS5 regarding games as Sony's been very consistent quality and messaging wise this whole gen. They've also learned to not announce games too soon.

Imo it's an unfair comparison to MS as they've been in such a different place with first-party games, and no one buying XSX has a very good idea yet what they are getting from MS's first-party as a whole. Spencer tweeting that they care about their user base is now somehow really good and essential communication, and because of this some think that MS now does things way better than anyone else. They haven't really done nothing too earth shattering or revealed much more than Sony, and it's not like it even matters at this point.

I just want to understand why would you have any reason to believe that Sony's content and commitment would change in any way with next-gen, and what do you even want them to communicate?

Console reveals are happening in the summer, and I don't know why they would announce anything before that as it wouldn't change anything in the end, and there's still two of their maybe biggest current gen games coming to PS4.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Next Uncharted should have Rika Raja and Marisa Chase in. Don't do them like Resident Evil characters and just have them disappear forever.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Continued off-site drama, modwhining after a serious ban
Banned for a month for telling the truth. Ok.

I love how the PS twitter still tweets knowing people will just post spoilers.

if I were sony I would just stop tweeting

A Naught Dog Developer said don't trust them all didn't they? Can't find the tweet.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Yeah, the reviews are one thing but it didn't sell well either.

That's why the sequel announcement will be so surprising!
it literally did 1 thing right.
I mean, this is the same argument as "it's a movie/book/etc, you got to watch/read/experience it.". Kind of true, but not completely truthful either.

A few of those games are not first party.
Or if you want to include third party exclusives, you might as well add some more.

That's because it is :p
Except its not. Games specifically feature interactivity. Its even more imperative you play it to experience it.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Then yeah, it should be in, no official confirmation yet, obviously, but I would be surprised if it wasn't in.
I was asking because since the announcement I am avoiding all spoilers, including official one (trailer etc.) It's a technical question so I thought it could be asked genuinely (and I totally forgot about UC4, so you're probably right). That was really a great aspect of the first, especially when playing on higher difficulty.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
truth

2 > TLL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest
I much prefer UC4. It's the only Uncharted I would recommend to anyone today, it kinda makes the rest of the series obsolete for me. Lost Legacy just felt like a little bit more of the same but not as spectacular, and by that point I was ready to move on from that formula and wait for what I'm hoping will be a full re-imagining of the series in UC5.

Oct 24, 2019
I'm always surprised by how many Cutter fans there are.

Maybe my memory of Uncharted 3 is just pretty foggy, but Cutter was pretty forgettable to me and had a weirdly abrupt exit from the game. He was fine, but I don't remember him doing anything that would make people want a spinoff based around him lol.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I don't agree with his statement that the communication of Sony is bad for two years, but what does communication have to do with delivering amazing first party games? Your post doesn't make sense imo.
The point is, Sony hasn't been silent these past two years, but been delivering games, and that's the entire point- to deliver games. Not every company is going to do everything perfectly, but Sony/Nintendo IMO, do the most important part of gaming right. And to dig deeper, there are a variety of reasons for Sony's "silence" from management shakeup, being internationally relevant and having to split PR/news for different markets, blowing their load too early at past E3s, Covid-19, etc...

The comparison was to highlight how absurd it is to really complain about something minor (communication) when they have a system still very relevant that's out right now but we're all just thirsty for PS5 news.

Enthusiast don't get (or forget) how it really is all about games. That's what people are actually connecting with and enjoying. You think Sony wants a bunch of nerds on forums geeking about there hardware specs and boasting about a piece of plastic or to have a game like Animal Crossing under Sony's belt lighting the world on fire right now.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm always surprised by how many Cutter fans there are.

Maybe my memory of Uncharted 3 is just pretty foggy, but Cutter was pretty forgettable to me and had a weirdly abrupt exit from the game. He was fine, but I don't remember him doing anything that would make people want a spinoff based around him lol.
Charlie was funny. And different than the others. One of the reasons why I like him :D

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
If I was a developer/publisher, I wouldn't show anything off in a preview until the game went gold- just look at the state of that Gollum thread, when most games coming out for release probably aren't going to look much better.

Just make the fuckers wait, they deserve nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.