• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for the next OT Name

• Moves 100 times faster than |OT8|

Votes: 196 25.9%
  • PS5 on the Horizon

Votes: 90 11.9%
  • Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy started as a DLC. It ended as its own game. A standalone AAA game.
Theres another funny comparison:

Length via HowLongTOBeat:

LeftBehind 2 1/2 hours
Resident Evil 3 Remake 6 hours
Lost Legacy 7 hours

lol

If we're rating PS games this gen, Persona 5 is my fave. I'd also consider the glow-up (in sales) Persona has gotten to be a huge asset moving forward for Sony.

Mate, Sony has got nothin to do with Persona. like most titles it will go multiplatform.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In one of the Retro Replay episodes, Amy Henning says that the original title was Uncharted : "something", to ensure that if Nolan North as Drake flopped the series will still have a future with Uncharted: "another something". So, they may just be going back to their roots.
More Chloe or with riot!!!!
ggggmgkci.gif

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

LeftBehind 2 1/2 hours
Lost Legacy 7 hours

lol

Mate, Sony has got nothin to do with Persona. like most titles it will go multiplatform.
And pick either of the two Witcher III DLC having twice as much content as those 3 games put together. People are going to disillusion themselves thinking it's its own game all they want, but it ain't reality. It's just a fun extension of the exact same game with different characters

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What happened with Alienation? No score, because you didn't like it? 😜
Ah ah, good catch.
Just added games as I went, forgot to score that one.
Love me some Alienation with the kids, though a bit heavy on grind to get upgrades.
And man, the harder settings are just brutal... 😮

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

LeftBehind 2 1/2 hours
Lost Legacy 7 hours

lol
Yep you need 7 - 9 hours to beat The Lost Legacy's main story. That's great and longer than many singleplayer-only game this gen.
But people need to remember that "AAA" is all about the game's budget. It has nothing to do with the "length" of the game etc.
It's all about the budget and nothing else.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
And pick either of the two Witcher III DLC having twice as much content as those 3 games put together. People are going to disillusion themselves thinking it's its own game all they want, but it ain't reality. It's just a fun extension of the exact same game with different characters

The point is, there is no clear line really. But Lost Legacys scope is far greater than left behind with higher production values, so its applicable to say its a game on its own.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Anybody that hasnt played Bloodborne should go to the hall of shame.
I know you're not entirelyserious but there is nothing shameful about not playing a game thats not casual friendly. :P
Well I haven't played any From games yet, despite similar insinuations from all my gamer friends. I see no point in torturing myself to 'Git Gud', especially with limited gaming time. And yes I have heard all the arguments for how rewarding it really is. Maybe some day.

Jan 20, 2019
Well I haven't played any From games yet, despite similar insinuations from all my gamer friends. I see no point in torturing myself to 'Git Gud', especially with limited gaming time. And yes I have heard all the arguments for how rewarding it really is. Maybe some day.

Git gud is a meme because of the previous souls games because peopel played the game in the wrong way.

It doenst take that much time to undertand how the game plays, but i undertand if you dont have the time.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

LeftBehind 2 1/2 hours
Lost Legacy 7 hours

lol

Persona will go multiplatform as soon as SMT does :)

Plus we've got people in here straight up posting Yakuza like that's anything exclusive nowadays. Same with Horizon/Death Stranding on PC, though I don't see PC as competing personally.

Seriously though, Atlus seems extremely reticent to put mainline Persona on anything other than PS hardware.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Git gud is a meme because of the previous souls games because peopel played the game in the wrong way.

It doenst take that much time to undertand how the game plays, but i undertand if you dont have the time.
I definitely see the appeal though, and the settings and artwork all look attractive. Someday, someday.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
True x)

The game gets easier the more you play, most peopel just give up after couple hours.

Bloodborne should be played jsut for the soundtrack really. Stuff like the hunter, laurence and ludwig are soem of my absolute favorite pieces of music.

Same really, I hit a wall in bloodborne and just used an exploit to overlevel myself and beat the game then, which bit me in the ass with the dlc though.

But you should still give it a try if you can get a game for cheap. They're good and maybe you would actually be decent. You never know.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
Persona will go multiplatform as soon as SMT does :)

Plus we've got people in here straight up posting Yakuza like that's anything exclusive nowadays. Same with Horizon/Death Stranding on PC, though I don't see PC as competing personally.

Seriously though, Atlus seems extremely reticent to put mainline Persona on anything other than PS hardware.
My point is rather, an asset SIE has no real control over isnt an asset to Sony.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sure. Right after Shin Megami Tensei V goes multiplatform.

Persona can absolutely go multiplatform at some point but right now this shit is locked in. Persona for Sony and Shin Megami Tensei for Nintendo. Atlus can't even be arsed to release these games on pc or letting us buy the older games...

Oct 25, 2017
July 1st is the date for Xbox first party reveals.

Oh man, I really hope the June rumor is true and Sony isn't showing stuff off that late. Two month wait time would be...

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
Sure. Right after Shin Megami Tensei V goes multiplatform.

Persona can absolutely go multiplatform at some point but right now this shit is locked in. Persona for Sony and Shin Megami Tensei for Nintendo. Atlus can't even be arsed to release these games on pc or letting us buy the older games...
Atlus in general doesnt make much sense. SMT went from Nintendo to Sony to Nintendo. Persona mainline on Playstation. Persona spin offs on xbox and Nintendo platforms. original Catherine on xbox and playstation. The new version on Playstation and nintendo.

But, Sega who owns Atlus does put their games on PC. So its just a matter of time.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia

Oh man, I really hope the June rumor is true and Sony isn't showing stuff off that late. Two month wait time would be...
Sony needs to get a grip and actually communicate better. I've been Playstation fan for 20+ years but damn, their messaging is mess. We don't have clear dates on basically anything and I wonder how they'll handle console and games reveal in these difficult times.

It really is stark contrast between two looking at blog posts on both sites.

On another hand, I can actually play TLOU II and GoT this summer, but my PS5 hype level is currently incredibly low.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sony needs to get a grip and actually communicate better. I've been Playstation fan for 20+ years but damn, their messaging is mess. We don't have clear dates on basically anything and I wonder how they'll handle console and games reveal in these difficult times.

I do agree that it's probably about time they shared a roadmap now, but I continue to be baffled by reactions like this. Ultimately, as long as you have the required information before launch, does it matter how it's delivered?

Again, I agree the cloak and daggers stuff is getting tedious now, but I'm really not sure I agree that the "messaging is a mess".

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Same really, I hit a wall in bloodborne and just used an exploit to overlevel myself and beat the game then, which bit me in the ass with the dlc though.

But you should still give it a try if you can get a game for cheap. They're good and maybe you would actually be decent. You never know.
These games are on discount often enough, I probably just need to be in the right frame of mind to try them. So I'll keep your suggestion in mind!

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I was reading through the recent delay of Nintendo Direct and was quite shocked to here how "behind" Japan was with regards to virtual/online business and meetings. I think COVID-19 will affect Nintendo and Sony in different ways than say Microsoft because of how the US businesses function with regards to internet and meetings.

Oct 25, 2017

I ain't gonna hold you man. Xbox kinda killing it message wise everything else is up to the individual but goddamn their pr been on a roll lately with communication.

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
I was reading through the recent delay of Nintendo Direct and was quite shocked to here how "behind" Japan was with regards to virtual/online business and meetings. I think COVID-19 will affect Nintendo and Sony in different ways than say Microsoft because of how the US businesses function with regards to internet and meetings.

Yeah, Japan is now trying to adapt to the situation. Which is shocking since Japan was one of the first few countries to announce that hey have COVID-19.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I do agree that it's probably about time they shared a roadmap now, but I continue to be baffled by reactions like this. Ultimately, as long as you have the required information before launch, does it matter how it's delivered?

Again, I agree the cloak and daggers stuff is getting tedious now, but I'm really not sure I agree that the "messaging is a mess".
It's the usual doom and gloom whenever Microsoft announce something and Sony says nothing.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Do I see Chloe love?? Best girl ❤
Well as great as Chloe is, she is no Ellie. So eh on best girl. xD

Also people just keep forgetting that Sony has two potential mega games to sell on PS4 yet.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation has been a US-centric business for years now tho (Their HQ and all high executives are there). Unless they have to report every little step in their marketing plan to the mother company, their commnuction right now has nothing to do with US vs Japan different way of using internet and meetings.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony PR team is MIA. Oh well. I'm used to it.
It'll all come together in the end as we all know. But it is weird considering how the two started the gen on completely different spectrums of pr and communication

now we await the reactions to two posts talking bout it and everybody getting super defensive when we've said nothing wrong

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I don't buy this for a second. The only studios that may not be crunching is maybe Ubisoft, and even them I'm skeptical of. At least for game companies that are in this generation.
As said in my post, most studios still do overtime, like when they need to prepare for a specific build (E3, release, etc) but that's not crunch.
Even for those that still crunch (less and less), the issue isn't so much crunch than crunch culture (being proud of crunching). That's the issue with Naughty Dog and a few others.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
this reaction for a reveal date is kinda pointless, especially since it is actually further than expected

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
I'm not in the PR field but I really don't see a huge issue with Sony and their communication at this present time. They still have two huge PS4 games to release so those are the priority at the moment, even then TLOU2 is the first and it's 6-7 weeks away.

PS5 is probably still some 6 or so months away, there is a huge amount of time left for Sony to really start digging into the details like launch games and what not. I honestly don't see Sony rushing this at all, it's annoying for someone like me that wants to see PS5 games but I just think they are going to be really measured when it comes to announcements and what not.

I think Sony are gonna rely on TLOU2/GOT to have PS5 versions ready, Demon's Souls and Ratchet at launch and also a Horizon 2 trailer with a release date for next year......I think that's going to be out lot.

Sony definitely coasting at the moment, but also it's hard not to state how big TLOU2/ Ghosts are for them coming up, both will be marketed to hell and back. A lot is expected from those titles, both commercially and financially, we all know about TLOU2 but Ghosts has been in development for 6+ years, lots of pressure for it to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.