• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for the next OT Name

• Moves 100 times faster than |OT8|

Votes: 196 25.9%
  • PS5 on the Horizon

Votes: 90 11.9%
  • Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I happened to see your post while scrolling and apparently no one else answered your question about Matterfall, so I hope you could use my reply: I'm not very into this kind of games, I just play them for fun from time to time, and I bought Matterfall both because of a discounted price and I appreciated some previous Housemarque's titles. IMO it's a mediocre/decent game, with a very short campaign, and bad game design decisions: there are points in which you can shoot your enemies but they can't do the same to you due to their position in the level. I think you should consider it only for 10-15 euros.
Thank you! I guess i might get it at some Point when it's on Sale. I'm honestly not the biggest Fan of Housemarques Titles. To be fair, i also didn't play a lot of them. But Matterfall always kinda looked the most interesting to me.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
neil.2020-05-0421_43_qwjjh.gif
Just a friendly reminder

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The collaboration needs to happen now that the Japanese XDev exists.

Would be another reason for me to own PS5 after Silent Hill collaboration!

Edit: Balls been in Sony's court for a while. I think Platinum are pretty safe developers to get behind as it's headed by industry legends.

Last edited:

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Not a fan of Bayonetta but Platinum are top quality developers. Really wish Sony would work with them. They have done wonders with Nintendo, and MS almost had a game with them, it's just Sony left now.

Ball is in Sony's court.

We've seen Platinum do extensive collaborations with Nintendo, and even tried a go with Microsoft. Would you consider Sony as a partner as well?

Inaba:
"Oh, we really want to. You guys should go tell the folks at Sony to collaborate with us."

www.gematsu.com

PlatinumGames interview with Atsushi Inaba and Takahisa Taura at BitSummit 7 Spirits

At BitSummit 7 Spirits in Kyoto last weekend, we sat down with PlatinumGames executive director and producer Atsushi Inaba and game designer Takahisa Taura to discuss the company’s upcoming p…

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of Bayonetta but Platinum are top quality developers. Really wish Sony would work with them. They have done wonders with Nintendo, and MS almost had a game with them, it's just Sony left now.

I do own a few games from them "Bayo 1+2 on switch) and Neir:Automata but not played them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Only downside is, virtually every game they make nowadays is pretty much Bayonetta with a new skin sloughed on top of it.

But hey, once they finish a few of the WAY TOO MANY PROJECTS they have right now, I'm sure they would say yes to a Sony gig if Sony offered one.

Jan 19, 2020
Bellingham
Only downside is, virtually every game they make nowadays is pretty much Bayonetta with a new skin sloughed on top of it.

But hey, once they finish a few of the WAY TOO MANY PROJECTS they have right now, I'm sure they would say yes to a Sony gig if Sony offered one.
Wasn't Platinum recently working with Cygames on Granblue Fantasy: Relink? They aren't anymore for some reason but PS4 is the targeted platform even though they aren't first party.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I wish all of Platinum's games were like Bayonetta, they might actually be worth something in that case.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

I've seen this take some times now on Era and I'd love if someone could explain it to me, because as far as I can tell it doesn't make any sense.

In terms of big titles from PG, since the release of Bayo I played Metal Gear Rising and Nier Automata and neither of them feels like the same at all.

I still haven't played Wonderful 101 (which I will soon) and Astral Chain (still haven't bought a Switch) but from what I saw their combat mechanics are also extremely different compared to any other game in the genre.

Are you talking about licensed stuff that reviewed like shit? Or is this one of those stupid takes that people like to parrot just because?

Seems to me we reached a point where one could say God of War feels like a Bayonetta game because there's a enchantment that slows down time when you dodge an attack at the last moment.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Ball is in Sony's court.

www.gematsu.com

PlatinumGames interview with Atsushi Inaba and Takahisa Taura at BitSummit 7 Spirits

At BitSummit 7 Spirits in Kyoto last weekend, we sat down with PlatinumGames executive director and producer Atsushi Inaba and game designer Takahisa Taura to discuss the company’s upcoming p…
They should Bayonetta a Metal Gear Rising 2 deal with Konami and Platinum. Would make me extremely happy, my hope died a long time ago regarding MGR2 though. 😢

Jun 23, 2019
I wish all of Platinum's games were like Bayonetta, they might actually be worth something in that case.

That would be the fastest way to ensure I never play another Platinum game again. Their stink was all over Nier Automata and the combat was one of the reasons why I disliked the game. So much went into the combat system, that the rest of the game suffered in my opinion. The story was nowhere as good as Gestalt/Replicant and the music fell flat as well.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
It's an amazingly fun game. Highly recommend to even non MGS fans as it gets how ridiculous the whole franchise is in the best way possible.

it's still sealed but I actually own it for ps3! Gamestop years ago clearanced the collectors edition of it for super cheap and picked it up. The fancy static lamp is really nicely done. Game looks super fun and I love the MGS series.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
LTTP but here's my Sony's first party ratings.
PS4 Games
The Last of Us Remastered - 10
God of War - 10
Uncharted 4 - 10
Bloodborne - 9.5
Death Stranding - 9.5
The Last Guardian - 9.5
Uncharted The Lost Legacy - 9.5
Shadow of the Colossus - 9
Marvel's Spider-Man - 9
Horizon Zero Dawn - 9
Detroit: Become Human - 9
Ratchet & Clank - 8.5
Tearaway Unfolded 8.5
Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds - 8.5
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection - 8.5
Gravity Rush 2 - 8.5
Until Dawn - 8
Resogun - 8
inFamous Second Son - 8
inFamous First Light - 8
Gravity Rush Remastered - 8
Concrete Genie - 8
Days Gone - 7.5
Killzone Shadow Fall - 7
Knack - 6.5
The Order 1886 - 6.5
Entwined - 6

PSVR Games
Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 9.5
Blood & Truth - 9
Firewall Zero Hour - 8
The Inpatient - 7
Until Dawn Rush of Blood - 6.5
Playstation VR Worlds - 6.5

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this take some times now on Era and I'd love if someone could explain it to me, because as far as I can tell it doesn't make any sense.

In terms of big titles from PG, since the release of Bayo I played Metal Gear Rising and Nier Automata and neither of them feels like the same at all.

I still haven't played Wonderful 101 (which I will soon) and Astral Chain (still haven't bought a Switch) but from what I saw their combat mechanics are also extremely different compared to any other game in the genre.

Are you talking about licensed stuff that reviewed like shit? Or is this one of those stupid takes that people like to parrot just because?

Seems to me we reached a point where one could say God of War feels like a Bayonetta game because there's a enchantment that slows down time when you dodge an attack at the last moment.

Nier Automata ABSOLUTELY feels like a worse Bayonetta to me, gameplay-wise.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
That video Neil made was very touching.

Need to start tweeting ND some love, especially with all the assholes out there right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Quoting from the Silent Hill rumor thread:
Hey Hey What is this? Silent Hills too confirmed???????

Gaming Archives

The latest Gaming News, Reviews, Trailers and Images as soon as they are released!

No wonder Kojima kept being "silent" for quite some time on twitter. It was the calm before the storm after all.

I hope it will get at least announced during the PS5 reveal.

KatharsisT what do you think? This is the same source that confirmed RE4 remake and scream movie.

After all, we got this not so long ago
https://www.gamesradar.com/silent-hills-gets-another-teaser-from-a-big-japanese-horror-artist/
something must be brewing
Interesting rumor since apparently those sources have been right before but I'm not believing until I see it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not buying that rumor. The Silent Hill reboot at least seems plausible. But Hills worked on by Konami with Kojima? The only way that'd be more unbelieveable is if MS is revealed to have paid billions for exclusive rights to the game...

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Today is a 5th day of the 5th month. It's a perfect day to throw us some PS5 news, cmon Jimbo

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not buying that rumor. The Silent Hill reboot at least seems plausible. But Hills worked on by Konami with Kojima? The only way that'd be more unbelieveable is if MS is revealed to have paid billions for exclusive rights to the game...

It would indeed be incredible, but sometimes business has to come before pride. Kojima has a new studio to fund and grow, and he previously put effort into the Silent Hills game. IF Sony were able to broker a deal and act as a buffer between the two then it'd be win-win-win for all 3 companies.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I was always kinda interested in Matterfall, but when it came and went with like zero fanfare i just never bought it. You`re like also the first one here that even inculded it in his Rankings. What did you thought of it?

Well I'll admit I'm not a fan of this kind of setting, but that's the only Housemarque game I haven't enjoyed. It works mechanically, but everything was so repetitive and uninteresting that my memory has mostly erased it. I'm cautiously optimistic about them moving from shmups.

Oct 25, 2017
More people should do this, I truly feel bad for ND. I hope they know how much their fans love and appreciate their games. <3

Edit:

Jesus fuck at the dislikes.

What is wrong with people?

I could honestly see it coming. There's a lot of hate towards ND and TLOU2 in the internet right now. Regarding the gruesome crunch, I hope ND takes a deep breath and evaluates the situation and limits the crunch in the future. Don't encourage employees to stay at work for insane hours -> work week hour limits. It's probably harder to acquire top talent who are willing to stay now even if they continue making success stories, and eventually it's going to have an impact.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
neil.2020-05-0421_43_qwjjh.gif
Just a friendly reminder
I mean, this is the same argument as "it's a movie/book/etc, you got to watch/read/experience it.". Kind of true, but not completely truthful either.
LTTP but here's my Sony's first party ratings.
PS4 Games
The Last of Us Remastered - 10
God of War - 10
Uncharted 4 - 10
Bloodborne - 9.5
Death Stranding - 9.5
The Last Guardian - 9.5
Uncharted The Lost Legacy - 9.5
Shadow of the Colossus - 9
Marvel's Spider-Man - 9
Horizon Zero Dawn - 9
Detroit: Become Human - 9
Ratchet & Clank - 8.5
Tearaway Unfolded 8.5
Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds - 8.5
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection - 8.5
Gravity Rush 2 - 8.5
Until Dawn - 8
Resogun - 8
inFamous Second Son - 8
inFamous First Light - 8
Gravity Rush Remastered - 8
Concrete Genie - 8
Days Gone - 7.5
Killzone Shadow Fall - 7
Knack - 6.5
The Order 1886 - 6.5
Entwined - 6

PSVR Games
Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 9.5
Blood & Truth - 9
Firewall Zero Hour - 8
The Inpatient - 7
Until Dawn Rush of Blood - 6.5
Playstation VR Worlds - 6.5
A few of those games are not first party.
Or if you want to include third party exclusives, you might as well add some more.
Nier Automata ABSOLUTELY feels like a worse Bayonetta to me, gameplay-wise.
That's because it is :p

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
I could honestly see it coming. There's a lot of hate towards ND and TLOU2 in the internet right now. Regarding the gruesome crunch, I hope ND takes a deep breath and evaluates the situation and limits the crunch in the future. Don't encourage employees to stay at work for insane hours -> work week hour limits. It's probably harder to acquire top talent who are willing to stay now even if they continue making success stories, and eventually it's going to have an impact.

The majority of the hate is coming from bigots who don't even care about the crunch though, that's the sad thing. I'm all for speaking out against crunch because the industry as a whole really does need to do something about it.

Oct 25, 2017
The majority of the hate is coming from bigots who don't even care about the crunch though, that's the sad thing. I'm all for speaking out against crunch because the industry as a whole really does need to do something about it.

Pretty much. The crunch is bad but isn't where the vast majority of the hate is originating from. The hate would be there even without the crunch.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

I think you would have to be super naive to think this is exclusive to ND. I think it is a real problem, which I have seen exist in a lot of industries. best solution is to support candidates who advocate sweeping changes to labour laws, both at the state and federal level. While I think there is a lot of legitimate concern about the labour practices reported in ND on here, there is a hell of bad faith posturing to support console agendas, etc. It is usually evident in people who are strong to critique but don't live particularly ethical lives themselves.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Yea if the event is end of May or early June as rumors suggest, I think around May 19 ish sony will reveal a teaser with the date for event. Its too soon now but jimbo is kinda unpredictable so we will see haha
I do. Game Fest schedule goes up today. Sony is a partner.

I beliveeeeee!
Haha. Yeah the Game Fest thing gives me hope too, but then my brain says don't expect much. xD Let's see. In Jimbo we trust.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I think you would have to be super naive to think this is exclusive to ND. I think it is a real problem, which I have seen exist in a lot of industries. best solution is to support candidates who advocate sweeping changes to labour laws, both at the state and federal level. While I think there is a lot of legitimate concern about the labour practices reported in ND on here, there is a hell of bad faith posturing to support console agendas, etc. It is usually evident in people who are strong to critique but don't live particularly ethical lives themselves.
Nobody is saying that the crunch problem is exclusive to ND.
The issue with ND is that they embrace crunch culture, which most studios around the world don't anymore since years. Some of the last studios well known for their crunch culture (sadly) are ND, Rockstar (supposedly improving since RDR2) and CDPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.