• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for the next OT Name

• Moves 100 times faster than |OT8|

Votes: 196 25.9%
  • PS5 on the Horizon

Votes: 90 11.9%
  • Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's an interesting thought. I hope they make a bb2 but From/Miyazaki seems to have moved on from those games. The reason I ask is because it feels like a huge opportunity for Sony to capitalize on. The "Souls" name is absolutely huge in the industry and having an exclusive franchise tied to that could work as a system seller for sure.

I'm pretty sure they would risk souring their relationship with From if they start making their own "Souls" franchise. Like a port/remake of a game that already exists is one thing, but actually making that into a full series might be a pretty serious risk of causing problems with From.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Im both excited but nervous to play the DMC series one day. I've never played a game in the franchise. (another recurring trend) but since it's a more faster/actiony game I'm just hoping it's at least not too difficult for me to simply beat it. Not really one to care about getting the best ranks or high scores.

The old games are hard, but DMC 5 is very accessible to everyone with its Auto Mode.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Im both excited but nervous to play the DMC series one day. I've never played a game in the franchise. (another recurring trend) but since it's a more faster/actiony game I'm just hoping it's at least not too difficult for me to simply beat it. Not really one to care about getting the best ranks or high scores.
DMC is much more accessible than any of the souls games. A lot more fluid. You can definitely beat the game with no problem.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Skip 2 you're doing yourself a favour. DMC is my favourite Franchise and the Games are really Beginner Friendly the hardest one is probably 1 but even that is manageble and never becomes frustrating. DMC 3, 4 and 5 on the easiest Difficulty are really not hard. DMC just has the Reputation as being hard as shit but it's both really. I'm not super amazing in those Games i can play through them on the hardest modes but only barely. DMC 1 is also the most like an OG Resident Evil Game so I''m sure you would like that alot. And yeah Ranks are only there so that you're motivated to play and experiment with the Tools the Games offer you but it's not required at all.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
The old games are hard, but DMC 5 is very accessible to everyone with its Auto Mode.
DMC is much more accessible than any of the souls games. A lot more fluid. You can definitely beat the game with no problem.

Thisisresetera.gif (kidding)

Good to know at least!

Skip 2 you're doing yourself a favour. DMC is my favourite Franchise and the Games are really Beginner Friendly the hardest one is probably 1 but even that is manageble and never becomes frustrating. DMC 3, 4 and 5 on the easiest Difficulty are really not hard. DMC just has the Reputation as being hard as shit but it's both really. I'm not super amazing in those Games i can play through them on the hardest modes but only barely. DMC 1 is also the most like an OG Resident Evil Game so I''m sure you would like that alot. And yeah Ranks are only there so that you're motivated to play and experiment with the Tools the Games offer you but it's not required at all.

I hear all the time to skip 2 but me being the weirdo I am might somehow like it. Resident Evil Code Veronica is the black sheep of that series but it's my personal favorite game in the franchise. FF13 is my favorite FF game, I seem to have a trend of loving games that are divisive haha

Glad to hear that I should be able to beat them. Will try the 1-3 HD remaster that I own to see if I like them before I think about trying the newer games. DMC1 has intrigued me lots with it having originally been RE4 at one point.

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
Like I said, Bluepoint isn't a C-tier studio who never made a game before. They got the job from Sony to remake the game. To make a re-imagination. They don't need the original devs to "help them for the artistic vision". You guys are simply overthinking this. It's just wishful thinking by From Soft fans.
In the end, we don't even know if and who is involved. But you don't need FS involvement at all. This is a Bluepoint/Sony project. We already know this won't be a "cheap cash-in remaster". It's a high profile remake, made by one of the best remake studios, supported by Sony. Let them do a re-imagination... their way. Anyone who wants 1:1 the same "artistic vision" can keep playing the original game.

If you are talking about remasters, like the Uncharted Collection or Gravity Rush, sure. Shadow of the Colossus tho? Not really. The next project (Demon's Souls) is a re-imagination. And we know how Sony is handling their 1st party games. Giving devs freedom. Yes, Bluepoint does need a "blessing". But only from Sony.

You're projecting what you want onto rumours and then trying to frame what you want as the developers doing it their way. lol.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Thisisresetera.gif (kidding)

Good to know at least!

I hear all the time to skip 2 but me being the weirdo I am might somehow like it. Resident Evil Code Veronica is the black sheep of that series but it's my personal favorite game in the franchise. FF13 is my favorite FF game, I seem to have a trend of loving games that are divisive haha

Glad to hear that I should be able to beat them. Will try the 1-3 HD remaster that I own to see if I like them before I think about trying the newer games. DMC1 has intrigued me lots with it having originally been RE4 at one point.
Dante looks the most stylish in 2 at least. I played through it once on the HD Remaster and thought it was a Misery. And I also like some of the Black Sheeps of Franchises. Bioshock 2 is my favourite of the Bioshocks, I like Batman Arkham Origin the most and i don't know if this is still controversial today but i think MGS 2 is the best in the Series. I also actually like DmC Devil May Cry the Ninja Theory One, which many consider the Black Sheep as well i guess. And i bought the FF 13 Trilogy because it always looked kinda cool to me but it's in the Backlog for well some Time at least

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they would risk souring their relationship with From if they start making their own "Souls" franchise. Like a port/remake of a game that already exists is one thing, but actually making that into a full series might be a pretty serious risk of causing problems with From.

I'm very against the idea, but unless From is going to continue giving Sony periodic exclusives their feelings are irrelevant.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very against the idea, but unless From is going to continue giving Sony periodic exclusives their feelings are irrelevant.

I mean, if Sony wants to piss off a frequent partner and start swinging their dick around for no reason at all, I guess they could.

But to me, the world doesn't need two competing Souls franchises. They should just put their talent toward making new things instead of making games just to spite From.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
Seeing what Bluepoint did with SOTC in the Gamespot video and how they essentially wrapped the original game code with their own engine resulted in one of the most beautiful PS4 game. I'm guessing for Demon's Soul they will not be using any of the original game's code and will re-imagine it from scratch using their own engine. I'm confident they'll achieve one of their goals of "defining the visual benchmark for the next generation of gaming hardware"

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if Sony wants to piss off a frequent partner and start swinging their dick around for no reason at all, I guess they could.

But to me, the world doesn't need two competing Souls franchises. They should just put their talent toward making new things instead of making games just to spite From.

Are they really frequent partners if they are no longer making exclusives? Elden Ring will be on Microsoft's stage. Who had marketing for Sekiro?

Seeing what Bluepoint did with SOTC in the Gamespot video and how they essentially wrapped the original game code with their own engine resulted in one of the most beautiful PS4 game. I'm guessing for Demon's Soul they will not be using any of the original game's code and will re-imagine it from scratch using their own engine. I'm confident they'll achieve one of their goals of "defining the visual benchmark for the next generation of gaming hardware"

I hope the add the broken archstone and blow out minds.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Dante looks the most stylish in 2 at least. I played through it once on the HD Remaster and thought it was a Misery. And I also like some of the Black Sheeps of Franchises. Bioshock 2 is my favourite of the Bioshocks, I like Batman Arkham Origin the most and i don't know if this is still controversial today but i think MGS 2 is the best in the Series. I also actually like DmC Devil May Cry the Ninja Theory One, which many consider the Black Sheep as well i guess. And i bought the FF 13 Trilogy because it always looked kinda cool to me but it's in the Backlog for well some Time at least
No Joke i think I'm gonna save that Link for when i have a better cashflow lol

I enjoyed the Bioshock series surprisingly, didn't think it would be my things. MGS2 was lots of fun! (You couldn't pay me to ever try for the platinum trophy a second time though) Hopefully you'll love FF13 trilogy even 1/10th as much as I do! haha

That was one of the first links I found when googling the jacket. It would never suit me but it is a really neat jacket!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Are they really frequent partners if they are no longer making exclusives? Elden Ring will be on Microsoft's stage. Who had marketing for Sekiro?

There's no reason to become ENEMIES with a company just because Microsoft outbid you for marketing rights. That would make Sony as petty as Microsoft themselves used to be during the Ballmer era.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Progress update on my first time FFX playthrough I started last OT. Just got to the Thunder Plains and this feels like the first real jump in difficulty, Rikku, who I just got, is fun to use but she keeps getting 1 shot every battle and I wish the game let members who didn't partake in combat at least get some exp. I also can't dodge a lightning bolt to save my life. Every time the screen flashes I try to press X and I'm just instantly knocked over, I can't react any quicker then I already am so I can tell this area wont be very fun 😢

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason to become ENEMIES with a company just because Microsoft outbid you for marketing rights. That would make Sony as petty as Microsoft themselves used to be during the Ballmer era.

Who said anything about being petty? If they REALLY want another Bloodborne and From won't make it then it's their IP to do as they please. Again I'm not for it, but there nothing inherently wrong about it either. If they were petty they could just start poaching key staff from From to make sure it has that authentic feel. Which might not be a bad idea in the long run. Again assuming From says no more exclusives which we have no knowledge about. Moussaka claims a Bloodborne sequel was up to Sony, but I don't know if I believe that.

Last edited:

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Progress update on my first time FFX playthrough I started last OT. Just got to the Thunder Plains and this feels like the first real jump in difficulty, Rikku, who I just got, is fun to use but she keeps getting 1 shot every battle and I wish the game let members who didn't partake in combat at least get some exp. I also can't dodge a lightning bolt to save my life. Every time the screen flashes I try to press X and I'm just instantly knocked over, I can't react any quicker then I already am so I can tell this area wont be very fun 😢
If you just do it 200 Times in a Row you get a good Weapon...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Who said anything about being petty? If they REALLY want another Bloodborne and From won't make it then it's their IP to do as they please. Again I'm not for it, but there nothing inherently wrong about it either. If they were petty they could just start poaching key staff from From to make sure it has that authentic feel. Which might not be a bad idea in the long run. Again assuming From says no more exclusives which we have no knowledge about. Miyazaki claims a Bloodborne sequel is up to Sony, but I don't know if I believe that.

Oct 25, 2017
Who said anything about being petty? If they REALLY want another Bloodborne and From won't make it then it's their IP to do as they please. Again I'm not for it, but there nothing inherently wrong about it either. If they were petty they could just start poaching key staff from From to make sure it has that authentic feel. Which might not be a bad idea in the long run. Again assuming From says no more exclusives which we have no knowledge about. Moussaka claims a Bloodborne sequel was up to Sony, but I don't know if I believe that.
Why wouldn't you believe that?

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Isn't it 200 times in a row without getting hit? I really wanted to get that weapon but gave up after a half hour when I couldn't get the timing down. Same thing for the Super Suit in Mario Rpg since I could never get higher than 30 consecutive jumps! I still absolutely love that game though.
Yeah it's in a row if you just had do it 200 times it would be just time consuming. I never even tried that when i played the Game

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

giphy.gif

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
If you just do it 200 Times in a Row you get a good Weapon...
Isn't it 200 times in a row without getting hit? I really wanted to get that weapon but gave up after a half hour when I couldn't get the timing down. Same thing for the Super Suit in Mario Rpg since I could never get higher than 30 consecutive jumps! I still absolutely love that game though.

I can't dodge 1 in a row though... 😅 Guess that's 1 weapon I'll never get.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Who said anything about being petty? If they REALLY want another Bloodborne and From won't make it then it's their IP to do as they please. Again I'm not for it, but there nothing inherently wrong about it either. If they were petty they could just start poaching key staff from From to make sure it has that authentic feel. Which might not be a bad idea in the long run. Again assuming From says no more exclusives which we have no knowledge about. Miyazaki claims a Bloodborne sequel is up to Sony, but I don't know if I believe that.

I don't know why you wouldn't trust Miyazaki to be honest about that. He's said before that Bloodborne is one of his favorite games he's ever worked on. If Sony approached him to make a sequel, why WOULD he say no, unless the timing for it is wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why you wouldn't trust Miyazaki to be honest about that. He's said before that Bloodborne is one of his favorite games he's ever worked on. If Sony approached him to make a sequel, why WOULD he say no, unless the timing for it is wrong?

What is good timing? It's not like From will ever lack for publishing. Do you really think Sony doesn't want a sequel?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What is good timing? It's not like From will ever lack for publishing. Do you really think Sony doesn't want a sequel?

It's pretty clear that Miyazaki doesn't want to work on Souls games back to back anymore. So asking him to make Bloodborne 2 immediately after Elden Ring would probably result in a "not right now". Getting him interested in the idea while he's working on an Armored Core game might be significantly easier.

As for Sony, I don't know. They fucked up on Demon's Souls, why not make it a two-fer in letting potential Miyazaki franchises die on the vine? I don't get much of an impression out of current Sony that they care even a little bit about making games for Japan.

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clear that Miyazaki doesn't want to work on Souls games back to back anymore. So asking him to make Bloodborne 2 immediately after Elden Ring would probably result in a "not right now". Getting him interested in the idea while he's working on an Armored Core game might be significantly easier.

As for Sony, I don't know. They fucked up on Demon's Souls, why not make it a two-fer in letting potential Miyazaki franchises die on the vine? I don't get much of an impression out of current Sony that they care even a little bit about making games for Japan.

"Making games for Japan."

Yes, Souls series. The games historically known for being Japanese oriented.

Lol

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
You guys realize that Miyazaki knows Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are Sony's IP? There's no "becoming enemies" here, it's just business. Just go to the From thread, there's a Miyazaki quote about Bloodborne where he recognizes that anything is up to Sony.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should try to get the trophy for dodging 200 lightning bolts 🤣

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
What likely happened is that From got busy with more lucrative publishing deals from Activision and Bamco for Sekiro and Elden Ring, so they didn't have the time to work on Bloodborne 2 at the same time. So instead Sony got Bluepoint to remake Demon's Souls in the meantime. It's completely normal and Miyazaki and Team are only human. Going from Bloodborne -> Dark Souls 3 -> Sekiro -> Elden Ring -> Armored Core and trying to fit in Bloodborne 2 in there is insane.

If they still want to make Bloodborne 2 in the future, it'll happen. That doesn't mean Miyazaki lied, or Sony doesn't care about Bloodborne. Probably just need the right timing. Then again I'm being optimistic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.