• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for the next OT Name

• Moves 100 times faster than |OT8|

Votes: 196 25.9%
  • PS5 on the Horizon

Votes: 90 11.9%
  • Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I think GT Sport is a lovely game, and a great example of how to turn around a lukewarm launch. I'm glad I gave the game a chance after shitting on Polyphony for so long. I can't wait for GT7!

There, a bit of positive vibes before we swerve wildly out of lane.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fresh OT, we have to make a checklist of staple talking points for the kiddies to experience!

- The SIE Japan should make a JRPG game
- The SIE Japan should make an Ape Escape game
- The SIE Japan should make a PS5 Astro Bot game
- The SIE should never make a non VR AstroBot game
- The "wtf have SIE Japan been doing this gen?"
- The SIE should team up with Falcom/Level-5/media.vision

Doesn't even have to be a co-development thing. It'd be nice to see SIE work with some more Japanese devs as a publisher / funder / IP owner.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
As we know PSVR will work with PS5, I really hope they integrate the PSVR ports into the console itself. I'd love to not need a breakout box anymore.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't even have to be a co-development thing. It'd be nice to see SIE work with some more Japanese devs as a publisher / funder / IP owner.

The best news for us that want more Japanese developed games from SIE is them actually creating a XDev equivalent wing for Japan Studio. That showed a level of commitment to more Japanese games from them that we really didn't see this generation.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
A new Ratchet and Clank ?? mmm nah. Give me a new TPS IP and we good, Insomniac.

ratchet-and-clank-ps4-weapons-locations-guide.jpg

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I would recomend you to try out Soma, despite it being First Person (it's also not my favourite Perspective). It has one of the best Storys this Gen imo. After Years they even released a Patch which let's you turn off the Enemys, which are like in Outlast or Amnesia Beings that kill you instantly when they find you. But as First Person Horror Games go, this one is incredible.

I've heard of Soma but never played it. You bringing up Amnesia made me remembered I played that lots and loved it so RE7 actually makes 2 First person horror games I've played. My mind kinda mixed First person with FPS horror games of which RE is the only first person game with guns I've played.

Heard good things about Outlast too!

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I have two friends who love the PS consoles, because Sony has all those japanese games. That's SIE's strength. Having the console with the most games overall. All those japanese AA and AAA games, all those western AA and AAA games and all those great GOTY 1st party exclusive games. There is no other console that has that / can do this.
Maybe one day SIE Japan Studio will FINALLY make a JRPG and you will be happy again with their 1st party output 😁

They really do need to have a strong first party JRPG or SRPG. I would love to see Nippon Ichi make a first party game set in the Disgaea universe.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I looked away for like 30 minutes and the Insomniac hot takes just poured in XD.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
And Ratchet is royalty around here, it's the one legacy IP other than GT that we have left (Guess that GOW was PS2, so that almost also counts).

Don't be mad at my boy just because your PS1-2 fave got left behind at Activision, or got left in the dirt by their respective SIE dev in favor of Post-Apocalyptic Lesbian Dramas or Western produced and made, Samurai Epics 🚶XD

Oct 25, 2017
And Ratchet is royalty around here, it's the one legacy IP other than GT that we have left (Guess that GOW was PS2, so that almost also counts).

Don't be mad at my boy just because your PS1-2 fave got left behind at Activision, or got left in the dirt by their respective SIE dev in favor of Post-Apocalyptic Lesbian Dramas or Western produced and made, Samurai Epics 🚶
Talk ya shit!! Or continue to be teased only to make in house mid aside from a vr gem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for a sequel, the 2016 remake was my entry to the series and I loved it, so polished and fun to play.
And that was with the games being dragged down by short development time and having to connect with the movie.

If you enjoyed that, you would really enjoy the peak of the series (A Crack in Time). I think there is potential to see the franchise really blossom on PS5 if Sony gives it the right support. No movie, more development time, more budget, and a completely new story with the space travel gameplay in the previous games ramped up by 100.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Don't be mad at my boy just because your PS1-2 fave got left behind at Activision, or got left in the dirt by their respective SIE dev in favor of Post-Apocalyptic Lesbian Dramas or Western produced and made, Samurai Epics 🚶XD

parappa-the-rapper-04.big.jpg

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter.. I'm seeing a bad trend in myself 😅

Oct 25, 2017
Jan 3, 2019
Fresh OT, we have to make a checklist of staple talking points for the kiddies to experience!

- The SIE Japan should make a JRPG game
- The SIE Japan should make an Ape Escape game
- The SIE Japan should make a PS5 Astro Bot game
- The SIE should never make a non VR AstroBot game
- The "wtf have SIE Japan been doing this gen?"
- The SIE should team up with Falcom/Level-5/media.vision
- SIE Japan should make Tokyo Jungle 2
- SIE Japan should let Gavin Moore release a videogame this decade maybe
- SIE Japan should team up with Marvelous/Comcept for Soul Sacrifice and Shift for a Freedom Wars

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I've never played Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter.. I'm seeing a bad trend in myself 😅
Pick up the 2016 remake if you get a chance. It's one of the most visually stunning Sony games this gen that is not aiming for realism. Fantastic gameplay, lovable characters, and ooozing charm. You can straight up throw disco ball bombs at any NPC/Mob/Boss and make them dance. There is a weapon called the sheepinator... That turns enemies into, well ya know. That last one is in it of itself worth the asking price XD.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Daxter was such an iconic character... Shame he had to be glued to the shoulder of... The other one. Oh well, the sidekick being a better character than the protagonist... You can't say ND are inconsistent 🚶

Other than Chloe.... The best protagonist in a Naughty Dog game... You can disagree, its okay to be wrong. 😇

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As long as Sony have Demon Souls for launch, I'd be happy.
alth0hjc6.gif

Very nice. Man, now I wanna see what Insomniac is cooking. I hope I'm right and their next game will be a new Ratchet & Clank.

Talent always wins, baby!
Daxter was such an iconic character... Shame he had to be glued to the shoulder of... The other one. Oh well, the sidekick being a better character than the protagonist... You can't say ND are inconsistent 🚶
Well you can play the great game with him as the main character. Developed by the talented guys at Ready at Dawn Studios.

🚶
Not sure how well TLoU2 will sell but hopefully I'm able to add my +1 !
If you ain't buying and playing it day 1 at launch our friendship will be over! OVER!
9rwn7mjdn.gif

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
alth0hjc6.gif

Very nice. Man, now I wanna see what Insomniac is cooking. I hope I'm right and their next game will be a new Ratchet & Clank.

Talent always wins, baby!

Well you can play the great game with him as the main character. Developed by the talented guys at Ready at Dawn Studios.

🚶

If you ain't buying and playing it day 1 at launch our friendship will be over! OVER!
9rwn7mjdn.gif

Congrats, you just figured out why I decided to give RAD another shot. As far as i'm concerned, they are the Lone Echo team, and the talented devs behind psp spin offs of "The worst ND protag and Daxter" and "God of War".

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I wonder if any Insomniac devs ever log into this hellsite after a hard days work grinding on Spiderman 2, only to be met with:

"Insomniac please reboot Ape Escape"

"Insomniac please reboot Sly"

"Insomniac please reboot Jak (eww)"

"Insomniac please give us a Ratchet JRPG where we can reprogram Clank's AI to act as any Anime Schoolgirl archetype"

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if any Insomniac devs ever log into this hellsite after a hard days work grinding on Spiderman 2, only to be met with:

"Insomniac please give us a Ratchet JRPG where we can reprogram Clank's AI to act as all Anime Schoolgirl archetypes"
It gives them a good laugh. Because they know better than everyone else that it's the right choice to make a new Ratchet & Clank and Spidey 2 next for the PS5.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

"Insomniac please give us a Ratchet JRPG where we can reprogram Clank's AI to act as any Anime Schoolgirl archetype"
wait, where did that last one come from...

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Why keep such enjoyment from yourself?

Get on R&C!

Jak and Daxter can be skipped though 🚶‍♂️

I seem to unintentionally keep lot of enjoyment from myself haha

I'll get to it one day! I've also never played Spyro 😅

Pick up the 2016 remake if you get a chance. It's one of the most visually stunning Sony games this gen that is not aiming for realism. Fantastic gameplay, lovable characters, and ooozing charm. You can straight up throw disco ball bombs at any NPC/Mob/Boss and make them dance. There is a weapon called the sheepinator... That turns enemies into, well ya know. That last one is in it of itself worth the asking price XD.

That sounds amazing! Good to know theres a convenient remake!

9rwn7mjdn.gif

I see the threats are already out! :D

200.gif

haha

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Say, Sony eventually acquires Ready at Dawn, would you like to see a "strategic partnership" with Oculus? Not a purchase, but an agreement. One in which, Ready at Dawn and Insomniac can continue making their Oculus games (with Sony and Oculus co-publishing). As part of the hypothetical agreement, all Oculus exclusives would release on PS5 (as it would be powerful enough) and PSVR-exclusive games would be published by Sony on the Oculus Store. VR would be the winner here. No, I do not see it happening, but it would be intriguing.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Say, Sony eventually acquires Ready at Dawn, would you like to see a "strategic partnership" with Oculus? Not a purchase, but an agreement. One in which, Ready at Dawn and Insomniac can continue making their Oculus games (with Sony and Oculus co-publishing). As part of the hypothetical agreement, all Oculus exclusives would release on PS5 (as it would be powerful enough) and PSVR-exclusive games would be published by Sony on the Oculus Store. VR would be the winner here. No, I do not see it happening, but it would be intriguing.
What oculus exclusives would even be worth that kind of partnership? I'd probably just focus those developers on exclusives only possible on PS5.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. It should be all about creating content for PS5 and PSVR2. Maybe after a year or two, both parties (Sony and Facebook) could port a few games over. Some older games. Sony porting Astro Bot to Oculus and Oculus porting Asgard's Wrath to PSVR2. Just some few exceptions here and there maybe. Overall, both parties should be focusing on strengthen their own platforms.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I honestly do not understand a single bit of this theoretical partnership. All I know is, if it means Sanzaru gets to make more Sly, sure... Honestly, fuck it XD

Status
Not open for further replies.