• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for the next OT Name

• Moves 100 times faster than |OT8|

Votes: 196 25.9%
  • PS5 on the Horizon

Votes: 90 11.9%
  • Any Given Tuesday

Votes: 174 23.0%
  • But for Sony, it was Tuesday.

Votes: 138 18.3%
  • The Summer of Jin

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • Ghost of PS5 Part II

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • We are going to reveal the full slate for |OT10| real SOON.

Votes: 107 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): antagonising other member, platform wars

They worked for Double Fine in the past.... IM SCREAMING XD. It's literally perfect, a day after the Edgar Newman shit went down. I'm waiting for the Klobrille tweet any moment now...

In a more serious note...cool! Insomniac is stacking up on talent.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Tlou 2 is going to sell 5 million copies in first week. Maybe even more. Depends on the PR campaign and sony's ability to print them new games... as far as I know, tlou 2 is going to be first major release after ff vii, isnt it?

Oct 25, 2017
I'll personally be fine with a Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen upgrade for launch, anything else is icing on the cake
Don't know if I'm getting a PS5 this holiday tho, need a 4KTV first, plus I think SM2 is coming out 2021 and I REALLY want that special edition whenever it comes out

CB 2077 won't have an upgrade at launch. Already confirmed.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Tlou 2 is going to sell 5 million copies in first week. Maybe even more. Depends on the PR campaign and sony's ability to print them new games... as far as I know, tlou 2 is going to be first major release after ff vii, isnt it?

Yeah, the biggest game release this month is the Xenoblade remake. And there really isn't any big releases in June until Part II. So, it's going to be a two month gap between really big new releases.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
no CB 2077 nextgen update day 1 doesnt bother me since im not gonna wait until PS5 to play it, but im sure they will release the nextgen patch by the time the first big expansion comes out, so i can play that on PS5

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
They worked for Double Fine in the past.... IM SCREAMING XD. It's literally perfect, a day after the Edgar Newman shit went down. I'm waiting for the Klobrille tweet any moment now...

In a more serious note...cool! Insomniac is stacking up on talent.
The edgar newman stuff is really unfortunate, maybe linkedin isnt so trustworthy? Anyway I think Klobrille only tweets about MS stuff.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Just cross reference stuff. All people had to do with that "person" was just check the credits to The Division and they'd know that he wasn't real.
I doubt people would go to the trouble lol, some times it seems if something is news worthy its a race to the bottom to see who reports on it first, well you see it on era and people dont get paid for it, on reddit its kinda understandable as theres reddit gold and some other perks and same for youtube, instagram and other websites where you get ad revenue...

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
I need my Insomniac Fix, and I want it sooooony

I just went and checked Insomniac's full output record, and holy shit. These guys rarely have a single year without launching a game....

2001, 2010, 2015(Still had Android/IOS games), 2017 are the only years without a console/pc game from Insomniac....Since Spyro 1

Like how?!

Oct 25, 2017
BlobFearSweat.png

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

I just went and checked Insomniac's full output record, and holy shit. These guys rarely have a single year without launching a game....

2001, 2010, 2015(Still had Android/IOS games), 2017 are the only years without a console/pc game from Insomniac....Since Spyro 1

Like how?!
Insomniac was a crazy acquisition from Sony.

Great games, VR games and super efficient.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Hopefully Sony is pumping all the money in the world into Insomniac right as we speak, because that level of output is 1 in a million in this industry

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Like how?!

And they don't crunch, too.

I'm really curious if they have plans for something not Spiderman/Ratchet.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I didn't love Spider-Man as much as I expected to sadly (found the plot, characters and some of the mission design quite underwhelming at times), but damn if I'm not very excited about the next one.

There's just so much Insomniac could do to make it better, as well as many directions they could take the franchise plot and villain-wise.

Insomniac is in for a good time I think, what with the potential Ratchet for PS5 and this one. I wouldn't be shocked if they're thinking of a new IP too considering their incredible output.

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
Insomniac games are ridiculous output wise, they were amazing during the PS3 era as well with an AAA game every single year. But I hope they get all the time they need to release Spider-Man 2, the first was great fun but the side missions were shit, Insomniac should be given all the time and resources they need to make the game a huge jump up from the first. Maybe 3 years will be enough for them but if it takes them until winter 2022, I'm more than happy with that.

I'm gonna get PS5 on release but honestly for me, just want to see the likes of Ghosts and TLOU2 having upgraded versions at launch, but not sure how possible that will be with covid delaying stuff. First time in ages where I really don't give a shit about new IP, I wanna see sequels like Horizon 2, Days Gone 2, GOW2 and Spider-Man 2 so much, each got good foundations in place and there is a lot they should improve on for the second games.

Edit - TLOU2 10 million by years end for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
Insomniac games are ridiculous output wise, they were amazing during the PS3 era as well with an AAA game every single year. But I hope they get all the time they need to release Spider-Man 2, the first was great fun but the side missions were shit, Insomniac should be given all the time and resources they need to make the game a huge jump up from the first. Maybe 3 years will be enough for them but if it takes them until winter 2022, I'm more than happy with that.
I agree with this. If more development time (like 1 year) means they could substantially change the game for the better, I say make it happen. There are plenty of games to enjoy in this world.

That1GoodHunter

Oct 17, 2019
Insomniac released 3 VR games with Oculus, Song of the Deep with Gamestop, and Ratchet and Clank, all in 1 year (2016)... All the while working on Spiderman

Their output will change, if only purely by the fact that they only need to worry about Playstation titles now. But I can only see good things coming from a studio that pumped out 6 new IPs with varing scopes (Sunset Overdrive, Song of the Deep, The Unspoken, Spider-man, Stormland, Edge of Nowhere), and Ratchet, in one generation, and letting them focus squarely on PS5/PSVR.

Insomniac is THE LAST SIE studio anyone should be worried about coming up with a new IP for next gen. In fact I would bet on them putting out a new IP before Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, or Guerrilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.