• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the freakout if Sony went with a Switch route for the PS5. First reveal 5 months away from release, only deep dive 2 months from launch

Last edited:

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine the freakout if Sony is going with a Switch route for the PS5. First reveal 5 months away from release, only deep dive 2 months from launch
tenor.gif

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Anyone remember when in 2016 people went crazy because Nintendo had to reveal its NX every week but was hopelessly silent throughout the year until the end of October ?

No

It will be the same for Sony's silence before the reveal of the PS5 in a while.

As for the fact that people seem to consider that the articles of Wired do not count for the PS5 but who find nothing to complain about the fact that Microsoft announced the specs to us in a tweet ...

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Imagine the freakout if Sony is going with a Switch route for the PS5. First reveal 5 months away from release, only deep dive 2 months from launch

Pretty sure they say in their financial quarterly calls, thats they are releasing the info in a similar timeframe that PS4 did? But pretty sure the virus problem might have put a delay or even a change in delivery of how they reveal it though

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This narrative will die down once Sony shows some stuff. I mean, yes there will be a few elitists on this forum that are so inpatient they have decided to not buy a PS5 due to this (lol), but the masses will be there when Sony decides to talk. I'm fairly certain Sony could reveal and release PS5 on the same day and it will sell like hotcakes.

Hold up wait a minute...

People actually said they'll deny themselves PS5 games because Sony didn't talk about the PS5 according the schedule they, personally, think is best? I need to see this! Please PM that if and when you get a chance. That's is a far wilder and insane discourse than I knew was taking place in this OT.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
This is starting to get ridiculous.
PS5 is supposed to come out this year and we barely have no information in regards to it.

PS4 reveal was made in February 2013 (20th, precisely)
Xbox One reveal was made in May 2013

Why suddenly in 2020, not talking about a console releasing this year on February 25th is too late ?

People really are losing their mind for nothing here...

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hold up wait a minute...

People actually said they'll deny themselves PS5 games because Sony didn't talk about the PS5 according the schedule they, personally, think is best? I need to see this! Please PM that if and when you get a chance. That's is wilder than I thought.

They're saying they have decided to go with Xbox due to PS being idle. Tons of examples in the other thread.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Anyone remember when in 2016 people went crazy because Nintendo had to reveal its NX every week but was hopelessly silent throughout the year until the end of October ?

No

It will be the same for Sony's silence before the reveal of the PS5 in a while.

As for the fact that people seem to consider that the articles of Wired do not count for the PS5 but who find nothing to complain about the fact that Microsoft announced the specs to us in a tweet ...

By Twitter via Blog post... hehehe

Im fine with Wired articles

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Until Dawn today. Only thing I disliked was the "don't move" qtes which were inconsistent, and cost me a couple of survivors. But really, what really annoys me is that saving one character is tied to hidden collectables, that kinda throws a wet blanket over a replay. I'll do it anyway as I really enjoyed the game, but having to use a guide to make sure I dont miss any sucks... kills the flow of the game for me.

They're saying they have decided to go with Xbox due to PS being idle. Tons of examples in the other thread.
People on forums say all kinds of things. Like people going on about boycotting Pokemon... who wants to bet most of those people brought it anyway (sales sure didn't suffer!)

People are either bored, frustrated, or more likely - trolling. Then again I don't get why people are so impatient, Sony will announce it when they do, and until then I'll just play games. Not like I'm short of any to play!

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finished Until Dawn today. Only thing I disliked was the "don't move" qtes which were inconsistent, and cost me a couple of survivors. But really, what really annoys me is that saving one character is tied to hidden collectables, that kinda throws a wet blanket over a replay. I'll do it anyway as I really enjoyed the game, but having to use a guide to make sure I dont miss any sucks... kills the flow of the game for me.

People on forums say all kinds of things. Like people going on about boycotting Pokemon... who wants to bet most of those people brought it anyway (sales sure didn't suffer!)

People are either bored, frustrated, or more likely - trolling. Then again I don't get why people are so impatient, Sony will announce it when they do, and until then I'll just play games. Not like I'm short of any to play!

Yea that's my point. It was in relation to someone starting to believe Sony was actually in trouble. Aside from some forum warriors that is not the case.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Imagine you have had the same console brand for 4 generations, and you have been impatiently waiting for the 5th for over a year.
Imagine you have whole sagas exclusive to this console that you have loved for years and which you have been impatiently awaiting for new instalments on the future gen for years.

And then finally you decide to buy the competing console and deprive yourself of all the sagas that you adore because it made a tweet with the specs before the brand you are waiting for announces his own.

By Twitter via Blog post... hehehe

Im fine with Wired articles

Oh damn that's seen that I tried to add unnecessary drama? ^^

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Imagine you have had the same console brand for 4 generations, and you have been impatiently waiting for the 5th for over a year.
Imagine you have whole sagas exclusive to this console that you have loved for years and which you have been impatiently awaiting for new instalments on the future gen for years.

And then finally you decide to buy the competing console and deprive yourself of all the sagas that you adore because it made a tweet with the specs before the brand you are waiting for announces his own.

Oh damn that's seen that I tried to add unnecessary drama? ^^
Ah no but really they just use social platforms to share their respective blogs! :)

I do hope we get some live footage of Cerny talking about the console

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
The "everything is fine" people are getting just as annoying as the "doom and gloom" people. The correct balanced position to have (like me) is to be frustrated and uneasy by the lack of news but still understanding that the feeling is temporary.

(p.s. to the humorless, this is sarcasm)

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty sure they say in their financial quarterly calls, thats they are releasing the info in a similar timeframe that PS4 did? But pretty sure the virus problem might have put a delay or even a change in delivery of how they reveal it though
They meant « PlayStation earnings outlook », not PS5 info when they talked about same timeframe
It is still difficult to discuss that at this time, but what I can say is that at present we plan to deliver our earnings outlook at the same time as usual

Next earnings release is end of April, then end of May there is their IR Day when they share outlook for their different businesses too

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen most in the speculation OT if i remember correctly.

Ok so I found a few examples, 4 to be exact and in every case a quick browse of their post history confirms that these "I'm not going to buy a PS5 any more because Sony's silence means they're in trouble and don't care about gamers" type of reactions are not genuine in the slightest. Their post histories pretty much lay out explicitly what they're trying...

In fact, I don't want to wade too deeply in those waters lol

That bs aside, I think next Tuesday is the day!

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
PS4 reveal was made in February 2013 (20th, precisely)
Xbox One reveal was made in May 2013

Why suddenly in 2020, not talking about a console releasing this year on February 25th is too late ?

People really are losing their mind for nothing here...
People wanted more information about something they care is not about losing their minds.
Is just to have more things to talk about.
Lets see the announcements PS had this year so far.
PS5 logo
Sony skipping E3.

There is only so much we can talk about, without new info.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
People wanted more information about something they care is not about losing their minds.
Is just to have more things to talk about.
Lets see the announcements PS had this year so far.
PS5 logo
Sony skipping E3.

There is only so much we can talk about, without new info.

I'd like that we have more info on the PS5 at the moment.

But, what I also see, is that we are February 25th, PS5 will not release before November, we're about to get FF VII Remake, TLOU 2 and GoTsu on PS4, and PS5 reveal will arrive one day.

So going for "it's ridiculous we have no info at this time"... No

Oh, and, let's just forget we already know thet PS5 will have SSD, UHD Blu-Ray, Hardware Ray Tracing, haptic controller and all...

Reminding that risk to make statement like "We know nothing on PS5" less sepctacular

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'd like that we have more info on the PS5 at the moment.

But, what I also see, is that we are February 25th, PS5 will not release before November, we're about to get FF VII Remake, TLOU 2 and GoTsu on PS4, and PS5 reveal will arrive one day.

So going for "it's ridiculous we have no info at this time"... No

Oh, and, let's just forget we already know thet PS5 will have SSD, UHD Blu-Ray, Hardware Ray Tracing, haptic controller and all...

Reminding that risk to make statement like "We know nothing on PS5" less sepctacular
I never said "we know nothingon ps5" i said barely.
And you really taking my off-hand comment way too serious.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
I never said "we know nothingon ps5" i said barely.
And you really taking my off-hand comment way too serious.

I mean... After all, taking a step back.

Are we really more advanced than that on the Xbox?

We have the precise specs. Yes and then ? It is important and at the same time not that much. Who can recite the specs of the One or PS4 memory like that ?

It is both revealing and intangible. 12 Tf, it's impressive and in the end, what does it represent? Not much really.

We have the design of the console yes. Finally, a 3D rendering of the design. Yes and ? It is psychologically concrete but in fact it is just an image of a black box in reality.

In the end, we have information that is just as concrete as abstract after all.

So sorry but no, I do not think we are so late on the news of the PS5 that in the end. Not enough to go crazy or start dramatizing anyway.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope PS5 does the smart upgrade thing, i have a feeling that as the market leader they aren't going to want to do it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.