• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Especially once they start showing. I can't wait to see games like the bluepoint project running on next gen tech

Screenshot_20191014-232407.png
Yup.
Even just the logo reveal made people go crazy.
Not to mention plenty of rumors that have still claimed all this time that nothing has changed and it's still the PS5 that's actually slightly more powerful, so this whole random narrative that they are weaker just because they haven't fully revealed yet is silly. Most likely they're about the same just with some major differences in SSD implementations, since that seems to be super consistent among a lot of the rumors.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS revealing first makes me think that they have better specs overall with Xbox Series X, hopefully the gap isn't that huge since i'll be getting PS5 first

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
MS revealing first makes me think that they have better specs overall with Xbox Series X, hopefully the gap isn't that huge since i'll be getting PS5 first

Why makes you think that ? It will make me think that if they did the marketing same as ONE X (the most powerful console) but instead they said it's the most powerful console they made....so it makes me think that they don't know about PS5 or they know is more powerful...

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why makes you think that ? It will make me think that if they did the marketing same as ONE X (the most powerful console) but instead they said it's the most powerful console they made....so it makes me think that they don't know about PS5 or they know is more powerful...
MS always has been number shy unless they are on top, the same thing with X and their other success. On the bright side, PSM might be around the corner thus the early spec news from MS.

I'm team 9.5 TF for PS5, hopefully they price it competitively. With gamepass and SX having better specs I might get both consoles in the first year. I usually get Xbox consoles later since i'm not really big on their first party games but gamepass adds tremendous value to Xbox

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this, it could mean either way. Maybe they know the PS5 is the same or maybe more powerful and want to reveal their specs now before Sony to get the eyes on them. Or they have planned this for a while and just following their roadmap and don't know what the PS5 will be like.

Oct 25, 2017
MS always has been number shy unless they are on top, the same thing with X and their other success. On the bright side, PSM might be around the corner thus the early spec news from MS.

I'm team 9.5 TF for PS5, hopefully they price it competitively. With gamepass and SX having better specs I might get both consoles in the first year. I usually get Xbox consoles later since i'm not really big on their first party games but gamepass adds tremendous value to Xbox

They is no way in Hell PS5 is 9.5TF. A whole lot people that are connected would have to be completely wrong up until right now. That Github leak was already debunked.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017

Phil Spencer confirmed long time ago the 12TFlops by saying Series X is double ONE X. I can't see PS5 being 9.5TFlops, gap is too big.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Phil Spencer confirmed long time ago the 12TFlops by saying Series X is double ONE X. I can't see PS5 being 9.5TFlops, gap is too big.
If Sony has the cojones to match the Series X price with that large of a gap... I'm going to need SIE to pull out every single stop when it comes to game announcements at the PS5 event. And I do mean every single stop.

Hopefully it does not come down to that.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the player celebration goal not updating? Makes me feel like it's completely broken. Seems pretty poorly implemented.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Matt basically confirmed Sony has Something similar prepared
He later said he doesn't know how Sony's gonna do it, just guessing although Sony does have the technical capacity in place
As a guess I would be pretty surprised if you had to purchase TLoU2 or GoT or other Sony PS5 titles separately from their PS4 SKUs, but that will be Sony's business decision. The technical capacity is there for any publisher that wants to use it.
I'm sorry, who is Matt (loosely follow this thread)
Mod and apparent insider on this place

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He later said he doesn't know how Sony's gonna do it, just guessing although Sony does have the technical capacity in place
Matt has said has their own version of smart delivery.
It's Cross Buy. Sony already has that since 2012. They only need to confirm that it will happen with all their PS4/PS5 1st party games (Cross-gen games like MLB The Show). Other than that, they already had this feature available for the PS4, PS3 and PSVITA. This is nothing "new". 3rd party devs/publishers can use it right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Smart Delivery is virtually the same as crossbuy. I've bought a few PS games this way. As MS said today, all their first party stuff will be crossbuy, but third parties will be left to decide what to do as it's not mandatory.

Edit: beaten

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Can you actually imagine how stupid it would be for Sony to build in the capability for enhanced BC and crossbuy and not actually use it themselves? At a certain point, some of you have to see you're being pessimistic just for the sake of it.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
It says to me that MS knows Sony is close to their unveiling of the PS5 and need to get some kind of announcement in before them. I have no idea where this narrative that MS has secured the most powerful specs comes from.

Honestly, I doubt it.
They are treating backwards compatibility and patches with PS5 the same as it was with PS4->PS4 Pro. You will probably see an option to buy a BDXL PS5 disc, but I see no reason why Sony will ask you to pay up for next-gen patches on PS4 software.

Oct 25, 2017

Matt and KLee said they are virtually identical with less 10 to 15 percent difference in power. My rough math says 9.2 TF is about about a 30 percent gap. Not happening. And going first doesn't mean anything. You could go first because it looks worse to announce weaker specs second. We really have no idea why Sony is dragging their feet. My guess is between 11 and 12.5 TF. Both are gonna be amazing.

Can you actually imagine how stupid it would be for Sony to build in the capability for enhanced BC and crossbuy and not actually use it themselves? At a certain point, some of you have to see you're being pessimistic just for the sake of it.

Well we had saying they would not do PS4 BC at all when that made no sense. As if Sony has never done BC before.

Oct 25, 2017

I mean I get Sony has made some questionable decisions in the past, but people need to just look at the evidence. This is pretty much just Crossbuy. Something that already exists.

Do you think Ubisoft is going to make people rebuy Siege in order to play it on next gen systems? Of course not they'll release a patch and you'll keep using your old copy.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I remember at E3 2019, Andy McNamara (I think) tweeted out that he heard devs saying PS5 devkits would be more powerful than XSX. I wonder if those featured the final specs

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a spec tf iirc from next gen thread although it's from an old source. With MS flexing their specs I'm pretty sure that they have the spec advantage, I hope i'm wrong since i'm buying ps5 first

Status
Not open for further replies.