• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
What's next?
Housemarque getting acquired by Amazon?
Remedy getting moneyhatted by Tencent?
GoT getting pushed to Spring 2021 alongside the now delayed PS5?

Worst.
Damn.
Timeline.
(Don't have a reason to trust the guy, but we are still living on the worst timeline so Fck it XD)
Jimbo wont allow none of that to happen.
FrequentShowyEsok-size_restricted.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao!! Ard remember this when you got a heard time with kh1 camera
KH1 got camera issues?

Welp

Actually yes on those lol!

Ratchet And Clank
Bloodborne
Resident Evil Series (Including 2 Remake and 7)
Horizon
Wipeout Omega (I've got the games already on PS3 and Vita but would be nice to play them on a new system)

I don't want to get too many things at once, actually take the time to appreciate things :)

Yeah! I'm surprised too! It just kinda clicked with me. My brother's playing it right now, loving the horror stuff people have made already :)

As for me, I'm going to get used to the tools and make my retro style FPS. :)
Yeah, that'll more than hold you over. You got some good picks there. Ratchet and Clank is a good introduction to the franchise if you've never played one. Not the series best but it gets the job done.

I still need to try out Resident Evil myself.

Jimbo wont allow none of that to happen.
FrequentShowyEsok-size_restricted.gif
lol, nice gif

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
As much as I want the PS5, hell as much as I want info about the PS5, I'm fine with any delays related to the Coronavirus because we have a global health emergency on our hands. It'll be funny watching people more concerned about video games lose their minds though.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want the PS5, hell as much as I want info about the PS5, I'm fine with any delays related to the Coronavirus because we have a global health emergency on our hands. It'll be funny watching people more concerned about video games lose their minds though.

If you got any common sense this is what you should think about it. But unfortunately gaming is more important than anything for some.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think sony would be too effected if both next gen consoles where delayed. They have such a great lineup this year for the ps4 and could have one last finale push in the holiday season. For ms on the other hand the next gen can't come soon enough.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I know asset creation is spread all over. Some in China, India, and plenty in SEA.

So I'm not exactly worried.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
You can be disappointed in a potential next gen delay and understanding of the circumstances at the same time...

I don't think sony would be too effected if both next gen consoles where delayed. They have such a great lineup this year for the ps4 and could have one last finale push in the holiday season. For ms on the other hand the next gen can't come soon enough.
I think they both need it if January NPD is anything to go on. A permanent drop to $199 would help sales but thats cutting into profits.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't get your hopes up it won't be $399. It will be $499

At the end of the day, for a console I'm going to be using for the next 7 years, a $100 is not gonna break the bank. I've wasted more money than that on games I've hated.

I just think for Sony and consoles in general, we've entered a new shift to how they make money. With PS1, PS2 and mostly PS3, its been money from primarily retail games and them getting a cut.
Now its subscriptions, rise of digital games, cloud gaming, microtransactions, midgen refresh, games on pc, etc etc.
Sony probably makes a fuckton more money per user than they have ever before.

Dunno, we'll see.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't get the love for Platinum..
I bought Vanquish today because it's one of the few games of theirs that I've not at least tried, and I've heard good stuff about it.
But it's gotta be one of the more boring third person shooters I've ever played, sure bullet time is sweet, but all the weapons are just boring and most enemies are just different types of boring robots.
That the game is just in different shades of grey doesn't help it either.
At this rate I'm sure I won't buy another Platinum game until it's like half the price, because more often than not I just end up being disappointed in them.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I bought Vanquish today because it's one of the few games of theirs that I've not at least tried, and I've heard good stuff about it.
But it's gotta be one of the more boring third person shooters I've ever played, sure bullet time is sweet, but all the weapons are just boring and most enemies are just different types of boring robots.
At this rate I'm sure I won't buy another Platinum game until it's like half the price, because more often than not I just end up being disappointed in them.
if you play vanquish like a third person cover shooter u lawst

Oct 25, 2017
The color isn't appealing to me either.

I do want to buy Bayonetta though.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
if you play vanquish like a third person cover shooter u lawst

I'm not, I don't usually like traditional cover shooters so I usually just buy ones that try something different. I'm trying to play it like Doom or Uncharted, just be on the move at all times,
But.. I guess it's just not for me because I'm thinking of just deleting it and playing something else instead.

The color isn't appealing to me either.

I do want to buy Bayonetta though.

Yes I bought that as well, but then the Bayonetta games are the only Platinum games I enjoy. Even if it's just for the gameplay, music and nothing else.

Sentry

Vigilant Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not, I don't usually like traditional cover shooters so I usually just buy ones that try something different. I'm trying to play it like Doom or Uncharted, just be on the move at all times,
But.. I guess it's just not for me because I'm thinking of just deleting it and playing something else instead.
That's unfortunate. Vanquish in my opinion is the best game Platinum has dropped so far.
What are you not liking about it so far?

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't enjoyed a non-Bayonetta Platinum game since Metal Gear Rising. On paper, I feel like I should like their output a hell of lot more than I actually do.

Oct 25, 2017

Yes I bought that as well, but then the Bayonetta games are the only Platinum games I enjoy. Even if it's just for the gameplay, music and nothing else.

Vanquish is largely mediocre. It has good movement and some solid bosses and that's about it. Terrible level design, medicore encounters, a dumb story basically waste anything interesting it does with movement and combat.

It's a whole lot of meh accentuated by a few exciting moments.

Last edited:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's unfortunate. Vanquish in my opinion is the best game Platinum has dropped so far.
What are you not liking about it so far?

Sadly most if it I guess?
The overall design of the game is probably the biggest offender.
The main character looks very cool but all other stuff are either just very boring or generic.
The colour pallette is just different greys so far, but I guess it's a last gen game so that might have something to do with it.

The story and characters are just meh, but it's platinum so I didn't expect anything else.

And like I said, while the bullet time stuff is cool I just don't find the weapons to have any sort of impact and the enemies themselves are just boring robots in different shapes. And more often than not there's either some stupid cover or AI soldiers in the way of you whenever you actually try to do some cool stuff. The movement is pretty janky as well? Or maybe I just haven't gotten used to it yet.

I'm just probably gonna put the game on easy and rush trough it tommorow instead because then it'll at least count towards that PlayStation thingy where you have to play different games and get throphies.

Not even the music has been anything special yet, that's something that I usually think Platinum nails.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
The thing with Platinum is that their output varies in quality WILDLY depending on who is in the director's chair.

Just look at Nier

Yoko Taro and his team have proven to be unique storytellers and produce some incredible soundtracks, so they brought something special to what would have been a cookie cutter Platinum game in Nier Automata.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the conversation, lol.

"I like your jacket!"
"How do you know about it?"
"I work there."

When Gabby said that she liked the girls jacket, the girl correctly understood her to mean that she liked it because it was TLoU related. So, when Gabby responded that she works there in response to being asked how she knew about it, the girl slowly realized that there "there" she was referring to was Naughty Dog.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
I've been playing God of War 2018 again and during the opening credits of the game I saw Jeremy Davies' name popping up, completely forgetting that he was in it as well, which leads me to my question.

Does anyone now why he was completely removed from the marketing of the game? I've never seen him in any of the press tour junkets or other interviews and he wasn't in the documentary either. Even then I thought it was really weird since his character is such an integral part of the plot.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing God of War 2018 again and during the opening credits of the game I saw Jeremy Davies' name popping up, completely forgetting that he was in it as well, which leads me to my question.

Does anyone now why he was completely removed from the marketing of the game? I've never seen him in any of the press tour junkets or other interviews and he wasn't in the documentary either. Even then I thought it was really weird since his character is such an integral part of the plot.

He was around for marketing as well

jeremydaviesdanielleb9ijcf.jpg

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
He was around for marketing as well

jeremydaviesdanielleb9ijcf.jpg

Huh. Thank you! The documentary was the last thing I saw about the game and really didn't remember him being in it (might be wrong as well), probably clouding my memory of the rest of his involvement in the marketing.

I just had the first fight against his character again and was reminded how much I enjoyed his performance. God, this game is so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.