• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
(Don't expect any next-gen news)

(We're not quite ready to talk about the next generation Playstation)

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Is a PS4-focused SoP really needed at this time? I don't think there are enough games to warrant it, any update could be a blog post. They released Patapon 2 out of nowhere, FF VII demo could be announced in a tweet, and we'll get Part II and GoT trailers closer to their launch. Same with Iron Man VR and other games.

The next SoP should be PS5 reveal imo. They've been saying don't expect next-gen news in the previous ones, so I think the next SoP could be the one.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Is a PS4-focused SoP really needed at this time? I don't think there are enough games to warrant it, any update could be a blog post. They released Patapon 2 out of nowhere, FF VII demo could be announced in a tweet, and we'll get Part II and GoT trailers closer to their launch. Same with Iron Man VR and other games.

A State of Play gets a good bit more attention than a series of blog posts spread over some weeks, though. That's the whole point.

I think we'll continue to see State of Plays roughly quarterly, regardless of whether Era thinks the announcements "warrant it."

When Sony hosts a PS5-related event, it will be all PS5. They'll want to have their remaining PS4 announcements (GoT release date, etc.) made before then.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PSN makes billions of dollars, I think that can be the reason on them making a larger loss compared to PS4 since back then Sony as a whole was in a bad spot compared to today.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

The next SoP should be PS5 reveal imo. They've been saying don't expect next-gen news in the previous ones, so I think the next SoP could be the one.
Yes? The PS4 still has a ton of games not out yet

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
On the topic of a PS4 State of Play episode:
we saw most of the upcoming PS4 marketed titles in some State of Play episode, only somewhat big titles to not show up are Nioh 2 (which is already getting pretty well marketed regardless, I am kinda surprised at how much they treat it as a big first party release), Avengers (which had a trailer not long ago) and Persona 5 Royal. So I think that it would be kinda weird to have another PS4 SoP episode. I guess there are still unannounced titles to show like Batman if they got the marketing for it, but at this point I dont really know. Maybe they will do like TGA and have a PS5 game trailer in the episode as well to cause more excitement, but then again they need to be extremely careful with what they show.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
There could/should be future dedicated State of Play for Ghost of Tsushima.

Yes, kinda like Direct again, explaining what it is, the gameplay, the characters, the world, etc.

If Red Dead Redemption 2 have their own overview trailers, then why not Tsushima in the form of State of Play?

But since this is such a good reasonable idea, they won't do it.

/half s

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
PSM could have been scheduled for late Feb, but then canceled due to Coronavirus. It wasn't just Osiris black who said Feb, but also an insider here who have been vetted and leaked XSX in TGA.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
It's going to be 499, people are going to rage for 5 minutes when that number shows up on screen during the PS conference. Sony will end the conference with Horizon 2 and Spider-man 2 Teases, and people will preorder. End of story.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
It's going to be 499, people are going to rage for 5 minutes when that number shows up on screen during the PS conference. Sony will end the conference with Horizon 2 and Spider-man 2 Teases, and people will preorder. End of story.

I don't understand how 499 could be something to rage about if the console ends up having 10+ Tflops.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
PSM could have been scheduled for late Feb, but then canceled due to Coronavirus. It wasn't just Osiris black who said Feb, but also an insider here who have been vetted and leaked XSX in TGA.
If insiders know if theres a ps meeting in February, then they should also know and state if its been delayed due to the virus. Simple as that. if they cant do that then their credibility is completely out the window

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand how 499 could be something to rage about if the console ends up having 10+ Tflops.

Make it 13tf and 599.
15tf and 699
16tf and 799.

How can anyone rage at 799? It's 16tf!!

At the end of the day, you have to hit a good balance between price and power. It's why people buy consoles and not pc.

They want something decent at a decent price.

Everyone lol'd at $599 us dollars, but a fucking graphics card alone is that much.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
People expect RT, Better cooling, 10+ TF, SSD tech that supposedly much of PC gaming does not even have yet, 3D Audio, and possibly no load times for 399 dollars. Come on be reasonable, think of that PS+ money.

/s

Last edited:

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

If the PS5 meeting was planned for late February, the date would have been first set months ago. And months ago, the two games that are arguably Sony's biggest exclusives of the entire generation were set for February 21 and March 3. I find it extremely unlikely that Sony would have decided to schedule a PS5 event for the ten days in between.

February never really made sense. I don't know why people assumed that Sony would be following the 2013 PS4 playbook, given how everything else with how they've handled the PS5 hype cycle has been quite different.

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
If the PS5 meeting was planned for late February, the date would have been first set months ago. And months ago, the two games that are arguably Sony's biggest exclusives of the entire generation were set for February 21 and March 3. I find it extremely unlikely that Sony would have decided to schedule a PS5 event for the ten days in between.

February never really made sense. I don't know why people assumed that Sony would be following the 2013 PS4 playbook, given how everything else with how they've handled the PS5 hype cycle has been quite different.

PS5 unusual info dropping make us all believers lol.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
More or less confirmation that Polyphony's winding down GT Sport support as they shift into the PS5 GT

They've already roughly doubled the number of cars in the game, at no additional charge. Amazing.

I think Sony knows that they have to get GT PS5 out sooner than four years after launch this go-around. It sounds like they will. I can't see GT being a launch title (like Forza 8 almost certainly will be), but it would be a good late-2021 title.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Seems weird to me if that was the case.
Surely if PSM was scheduled for February months ago, I'm sure more than 2 people would have leaked it.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
UnfinishedFamousCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Good to see you and Angie back! I'm glad that Jim Ryan had the decency to withhold the PS5 reveal event so we can all enjoy it together. But I just feel Jim wants to see what a Rapunzel Jimbo would look like.
Give me a few hours and I will show you what you all missing not having a Jimbo Rapunzel.

Welcome back Much , but you seem to have the wrong avatar...

Last edited:

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Good to see you and Angie back! I'm glad that Jim Ryan had the decency to withhold the PS5 reveal event so we can all enjoy it together. But I just feel Jim wants to see what a Rapunzel Jimbo would look like.
Give me a few hours and I will show you what you all missing not having a Jimbo Rapunzel.

Welcome back Much , but you seem to have the wrong avatar...

Thank you. Hopefully we can all enjoy some Jimbo gifs before the meeting. :)

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Granblue Relink or Project Awakening will probably have own Cygames events or Babylon's Fall launch date could happen at the SE E3 conference.

But there are still other PS4 games without a launch date like Ghost of Tsushima or west dates for Yakuza 7 and Persona 5 Scramble.
This three games together with a FF7R demo announcement would be an amazing SoP imo :)

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018

Highly implausible, tbh. Much more likely that they got it completely wrong.

You should also know that 'vetting' in this case is focused on whether the individual truly has some industry connections and not on verifying the particular info the person is providing

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
On the topic of a PS4 State of Play episode:
we saw most of the upcoming PS4 marketed titles in some State of Play episode, only somewhat big titles to not show up are Nioh 2 (which is already getting pretty well marketed regardless, I am kinda surprised at how much they treat it as a big first party release), Avengers (which had a trailer not long ago) and Persona 5 Royal. So I think that it would be kinda weird to have another PS4 SoP episode. I guess there are still unannounced titles to show like Batman if they got the marketing for it, but at this point I dont really know. Maybe they will do like TGA and have a PS5 game trailer in the episode as well to cause more excitement, but then again they need to be extremely careful with what they show.

We could get a possible update on some games

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who insisted only PSM being a thing are the people with no imagination that think just because Sony had a meeting once in 2013 that they'd do the exact same thing again. A company doing something once does not mean they will emulate the same experience again. Especially considering the top level at Sony in no way resembles the team from 2013.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't care for another PS4 SoP, we know what's coming and western release dates for Yakuza and P5 Scramble don't need a dedicated SoP, I want next-gen updates

Status
Not open for further replies.