• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
Yeah, especially when they share that personal news on social media for millions.

Come on guys, you should know better!

Of couse they should.

So Cory might be moving to Seattle. That's it.Saying that he might be leaving SSM, not directing GoW 2 or joining MS is just nonsense spetulation.

If any anything official comes out confirming any of the above, then we can discuss it.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean if it's for the latter wooooooo boy. I for one wouldn't want a 2.5 hour flight every week or day or whatever. Plus he wouldn't wanna be away from his family like that. It's possible he left I guess. Maybe his new IP didn't work out or something.
Yeah he tried to make Drawn to Death 2 but Sony didn't allow it. Too bad.

Oct 25, 2017
It's entirely a different story when people here speculate that he's been forced out by Sony or he's joining MS. People need to take a step back. Not every move someone in the industry makes is gaming related.

I agree.

But thats never going to stop people from speculating. Cory is a smart man. He knows what he is doing with that tweet, and that people are already going to jump to conclusions.

Oct 25, 2017
I think someone is entitled to think that their achievements are earned and worth bragging about. Anyway, to redefine something can be taken in a lot of ways, but one is to change the way people think of what is possible by doing something that is so boldly executed that it reshapes expectation going forward. As mentioned, Naughty Dog has already done this with Uncharted 2 and its storytelling, pacing and production values, so I think they can do it again.
Everyone is free to brag about something as much as they like, there's no denying that. I don't respect much that kind of bragging before the game has even released though, and Naughty Dog doesn't need to brag about anything. They know they make awesome games and people know it too. There are many ways to tell how proud someone is about their work. If you're talking about re-defining AAA games, then you better deliver something spectacular that the world has not seen yet. If you deliver that, then by all means brag about it if you feel like it.

I don't get it. Is it controversial to believe you/your team did a better job than someone else lol?
Depends on what that thing is. Creative work like storytelling is very subjective, how do you determine you made a better job than some other developer? There are many games with top tier storytelling. Even something like "visuals" is very hard to determine because game design can differ greatly. Ghost of Tsushima is looking more visually appealing to me and TLOU2 probably looks more visually appealing to somebody else. Do you understand now?

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Depends on what that thing is. Creative work like storytelling is very subjective, how do you determine you made a better job than some other developer? There are many games with top tier storytelling. Even something like "visuals" is very hard to determine because game design can differ greatly. Ghost of Tsushima is looking more visually appealing to me and TLOU2 probably looks more visually appealing to somebody else. Do you understand now?

It might be subjective but when you're ahead in the available objective measures then you've earned the right to think you've done better, just like someone else might think they've done better than you.

When did this idea become controversial? Am I living a different reality to you or something?

Oct 25, 2017
It might be subjective but when you're ahead in the available objective measures then you've earned the right to think you've done better, just like someone else might think they've done better than you.

When did this idea become controversial? Am I living a different reality to you or something?
(What's with this condescending attitude?)

I've seen people saying visuals and storytelling and pacing are those measures in this thread and I don't think those are really objective.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Just started playing inFAMOUS: Second Son on PS4 Pro and a 4K HDR TV. Still looking great after almost 6 years since it was released.

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
For those who started to speculates about Cory moving to Seattle because of Anna Barlog's Tweet.

Go find the tweet and unroll the whole conversation...

Just sayin'

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I doubt Cory would be leaving now because the timing just doesn't make sense. If he was gonna leave he would have done so when Sony didn't give the go ahead for his new IP, which probably would already have been some time ago. And even then he might have decided to stick around for GoW2.

Oct 25, 2017
*Fans stalking devs to see where they're moving*
giphy.gif

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Cory already hint that he's working on a new IP? There's no way he's working on a new IP and God of War at the same time. God of War has a history of taking up all the time of whoever is working on it. It's a massive responsibility.

Resistance 3 was so good. Would LOVE a new Resistance.
I'll even take a remaster at this point. It was a brilliant game.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
This thread's obsession with certain creatives is incredibly creepy. Kojima, Barlog, Toyama, Aaaaany key ND employee should be creeped out to no end by some of you guys.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I personally would change the title of this OT to "we're not quite ready to fully unveil the next OT of PlayStation Worldwide Studios"

And keep this OT going until the unveiling of PS5.

I'm obviously joking, or am I?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope at the very least that Sony makes PSone games available through PSNow once the PS5 launches. I've been wanting to play them over the past few days, but I don't want to get any of my consoles out or storage, and in some cases I don't even own the game that I want to play.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope at the very least that Sony makes PSone games available through PSNow once the PS5 launches. I've been wanting to play them over the past few days, but I don't want to get any of my consoles out or storage, and in some cases I don't even own the game that I want to play.
They said that was a possibility when ps now was still becoming a thing it just went away. Both ps1&2 instead we got ps2 classics we gotta pay 10-20 bucks for and there's like what 20 total

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What i'd do just for a remastered trilogy.... Money on the table Sony, money on the table
Did you see the Insomniac twitter account post a Resistance pic? Wouldn't rule a reboot out. I think a reboot is in order. The franchise took a very dark turn with how the aliens and world started to look. Imagine a gritty reboot, with near photorealistic graphics next gen.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is free to brag about something as much as they like, there's no denying that. I don't respect much that kind of bragging before the game has even released though, and Naughty Dog doesn't need to brag about anything. They know they make awesome games and people know it too. There are many ways to tell how proud someone is about their work. If you're talking about re-defining AAA games, then you better deliver something spectacular that the world has not seen yet. If you deliver that, then by all means brag about it if you feel like it.
They don't need to brag, of course. It's not like ND the company is tweeting the statement out. This is one person in the team, and I read it as more of a "we wish we could have our game show you this already", but it's not out yet. We know how difficult it is for devs not to be able to talk about their games while they're being made. It's probably liberating for a creative lead to say something that's on their mind without spoiling anything about the game.

Updated it yesterday... Every game now has it own info page with a video/trailer and some useful links.
Lookin' good. One more to add to the list:

Space Channel 5 VR: Kinda Funky News Flash! (Feb 25th)

Status
Not open for further replies.