• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Ok that's pretty great.

That heavy load:
1fa38c444ce07fffebcc33385bb41530.jpg

Is this real!?

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
Dreams should be a tool to make mods for first party ps4 games. A game like horizon or days gone with mods could be hella fun. And dreams could be the ideal way to make it. I think that could really make dreams popular and big

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Concrete Genie is $19.99 for physical copies right now on Best Buy and Amazon (US) if anyone was waiting for a drop on those. On sale for $17.99 on PSN. Cute and unique little game and from a Sony studio "striving to make beautiful, imaginative games with heart" if you want to support a Sony studio not making narrative-driven AAA action adventure games.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Granted its just a pitch video but that SH PS3 pitch did nothing to excite me, if anything that's another example of where I wouldn't want SH to go. Its drab, brown, unwanted stealth sections, and the level design for the pitch was so darn boring. Really nothing SH related at all in that vid. Kinda glad it didn't go anywhere...

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dreams should be a tool to make mods for first party ps4 games. A game like horizon or days gone with mods could be hella fun. And dreams could be the ideal way to make it. I think that could really make dreams popular and big
F2P tool where creators make games and sell them with 50:50 revenue sharing, on the PS5. They have the pavement to create an exclusive indie ecosystem that can't be replicated anywhere else.

Oct 25, 2017
F2P tool where creators make games and sell them with 50:50 revenue sharing, on the PS5. They have the pavement to create an exclusive indie ecosystem that can't be replicated anywhere else.
Right, Dreams has more long term potential like that. Launch sales don't matter much in comparison. It is just a matter of them executing and getting to a point where they could do what you suggested.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
How does Infamous: Second Son look on a big 4K TV? Game is 1080p only, not PS4 Pro enhanced, right?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
How does Infamous: Second Son look on a big 4K TV? Game is 1080p only, not PS4 Pro enhanced, right?
It does have Pro enhancement features from what I recall - I forget the res boost, but it definitely has a performance mode that gets it to a fairly decent 60FPS now (unlike on base PS4). Still looks darn nice as well!

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I've seen it played on an oled. That shit will rock your world

Lmao, always funny to see. I wanna know how they will turn that xD
Better a...
Rest in Fakers peace xD

It's clear they're just out for attention. I think their methodology speaks to that. At this point their names should be banned because the intent is clearly nefarious.

That said I wouldn't be shocked to see either being posted in the next page or two. Despite the fact that they're clearly just lying and intent on spreading misinformation.

Feb 5th!

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019

But then dreams would become basically a market place. And the promise of playing the best user generated games would he gone. I think to make a solution to that would he to allow donations to creators. Something like patreon. Of course sony wouldnt get money from that but it would heavily increase the quality of games within dreams and thus increasing its value as a viable development platform

Oct 25, 2017

Then why would I put time and effort into a dream and let anyone play it for free?

Fuck that, I'll gladly put a price on it.

Then dreams becomes a product to play dreams someone farted out in 20 seconds, and the good stuff you pay for.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Reached the end credits of Days Gone tonight and enjoyed ever second of it.
Gonna jump back in as I've seen there are still missions available and to do a few more hordes.
A huge congratulations to Sony Bend as I can tell they really pushed themselves to their limits(and probably a bit beyond tbh)and for the most part they pulled it off.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Do we have any idea how much development Sony devs outsource to China? Asking because I'm really hoping this Corona Virus wont affect game development.
For their really big games, quite a bit (like Naughty Dog and Guerrilla). Smaller games, not much, and I doubt it'll have much of an impact on games soon finished.

Oct 25, 2017
Reached the end credits of Days Gone tonight and enjoyed ever second of it.
Gonna jump back in as I've seen there are still missions available and to do a few more hordes.
A huge congratulations to Sony Bend as I can tell they really pushed themselves to their limits(and probably a bit beyond tbh)and for the most part they pulled it off.
Don't forget to do the stuff for the true ending

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019

There is 0 chance that the Spiderman 2 reveal won't have
Venom
be the mic drop moment of the trailer. Frankly that could be as strong a closer for the PS5 event as a HZD 2 reveal. Most of the people that I know, would consider THAT character showing up, being a bigger deal than the entire Sinister 6 that we got in the first game.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venom
be the mic drop moment of the trailer. Frankly that could be as strong a closer for the PS5 event as a HZD 2 reveal. Most of the people that I know, would consider THAT character showing up, being a bigger deal than the entire Sinister 6 that we got in the first game.
I'd absolutely love it if Peter got corrupted by the symbiote and we got to play as Miles who has to try to take him down. Sort of inverse of the Spiderverse story line where the mentee has to defeat the older, more skilled mentor. After ridding Peter of the symbiote, Miles and Peter would team up against Venom, who's now possessing Harry or Eddie Brock.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venom
Well....
I WANT MYSTERIO IN SPIDER-MAN 2!!!!!!

Aug 26, 2019
I'd absolutely love it if Peter got corrupted by the symbiote and we got to play as Miles who has to try to take him down. Sort of inverse of the Spiderverse story line where the mentee has to defeat the older, more skilled mentor. After ridding Peter of the symbiote, Miles and Peter would team up against Venom, who's now possessing Harry or Eddie Brock.
What if...

Miles vs Superior Spider-Man

Ralph

Oct 27, 2017
But then dreams would become basically a market place. And the promise of playing the best user generated games would he gone. I think to make a solution to that would he to allow donations to creators. Something like patreon. Of course sony wouldnt get money from that but it would heavily increase the quality of games within dreams and thus increasing its value as a viable development platform

I think the best solution is, allow anyone who purchased the game be allowed to play everything for free, but make a F2P version where you can play specific creations for a very small fee. Or they could introduce a token system where you buy packs of tokens, and to buy each game costs a token.

Status
Not open for further replies.