• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh so it got shortened from the initial 2 months? Never seen that happen for bans before.

Probably because you don't often pay attention to bans, but a shortening of ban lengths can happen fairly regularly, if new relevant information is given and we feel the ban needs reassessing, or if a sensible & compelling appeal is made. It doesn't always happen, but it can happen indeed.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Humor me, how well would you think Ape Escape PS5 does sales wise?

This generation has shown that PS fans are hungry for classic platformers as we've seen with the success of Ratchet, Crash and Spyro. So long as it's true to the early games, solid platforming, colorful visuals and quirky story/characters then it should do quite well for the genre.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
guys this isn't anything new they always grab some footage from a recent game and put out a line/comment relating to the day

just them doing their usual "hip" marketing

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Doenst the season start this week?

Yes it does, it starts tomorrow actually, and the S4 gameplay/game pass teaser is gonna drop in less than 2 hours now. But still, they don't mention Apex, and this tweet feels unrelated to it save for the gif.

I'm not complaining though, as a huge Apex Legends fan who plays on PS4, I'm here for some recognition & attention.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Astro bot should have had a non VR release as well IMO, Even if later on. Limiting an IP with that level of acclaim to 5 million consumers is criminal. Bring more IPs to PS VR (IE. Resident Evil 7), don't limit them to the platform.
Astro Bot is amazing because it is in VR. I doubt it would be fun without VR... and that's great. I really think that all the best VR games are made with VR in mind since the beginning and are only available on VR. I know many people liked Skyrim VR, for example, but it just gave me a lot of headaches and is the reason why I didn't use my PlayStation VR during one entire year (between Skyrim VR and Astro Bot).

Jan 20, 2019
Yes it does, it starts tomorrow actually, and the S4 gameplay/game pass teaser is gonna drop in less than 2 hours now. But still, they don't mention Apex, and this tweet feels unrelated to it save for the gif.

I'm not complaining though, as a huge Apex Legends fan who plays on PS4, I'm here for some recognition & attention.

Nice, gonna start playing again this week.

Hope the game pass is better in terms of skins, didnt enjoy any so far.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

66367769434036634753jzl.png

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Man really feeling that FF7R delay sting now. I wonder if Predator will have a beta, kinda intrigued but after playing Friday the 13th with a bunch of friends idk if can do 10-15 minute time outs if you die early.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
PS seems to always have some banger end year before their next console

PS3 was TLOU among other things like Puppeteer

PS2 was GOW 2, etc...

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
And goty Yakuza 7 is not even listed :O

Date pls.

That's why it's so great. That's just the first four months and doesn't take into account GoT, Y7, Cyberpunk, Avengers, Watch Dogs, Guilty Gear Strive, Disaster Report 4, Streets of Rage 4 etc. Then you have the inevitable unannounced games. You had some that thought 2019 was a slow year, so 2020 is more than going to make up for it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
And goty Yakuza 7 is not even listed :O

Date pls.
I'm really hoping it'll be an August game, doesn't seem to have harmed previous entries in the series, I just want it to avoid that poison month that is September. It'll be destroyed if it launches then.
That said, its cool the PS blog lists Yakuza at all (with 5), so cool to see the Playstation Access team really big up the series these days, and I've seen other outlets/youtubers getting excited over playing 7 as well. 7 certainly isn't a perfect game, I can totally guess some of the complaints people may have with the game, but its one I want to see do well, as I'm now a good 75 hours into it, and can definitely vouch for how fun it is, especially if you have any interest in playing slow and doing all the optional stuff, the more you play the better it gets!

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
This generation has shown that PS fans are hungry for classic platformers as we've seen with the success of Ratchet, Crash and Spyro. So long as it's true to the early games, solid platforming, colorful visuals and quirky story/characters then it should do quite well for the genre.
I agree with the sentiment to a degree. Buuuuut, Crash, Spyro, and Ratchet are massive IPs that are instantly recognizable by most people. I would argue that any of those three can shift consoles if done right.

IMO, A Jak or Sly revival would land closer, in terms of importante, to a Crash/Spyro game, than Ape Escape.

I honestly can't see Ape Escape climbing that much higher than Medievil or Knack level sales in 2020, unless it lands with damn good reviews and insane word of mouth.

All this to say, give us a R&C level remake of Sly you cowards!

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the sentiment to a degree. Buuuuut, Crash, Spyro, and Ratchet are massive IPs that are instantly recognizable by most people. I would argue that any of those three can shift consoles if done right.

IMO, A Jak or Sly revival would land closer, in terms of importante, to a Crash/Spyro game, than Ape Escape.

I honestly can't see Ape Escape climbing that much higher than Medievil or Knack level sales in 2020, unless it lands with damn good reviews and insane word of mouth.

All this to say, give us a R&C level remake of Sly you cowards!

It would get really good reviews. You could take the original AE and just make a really pretty version of it and I have no doubt that it'd have an 85+ Meta. Everything about the game outside of its visuals holds up really well today. That's really the problem with MediEvil. Its basic mechanics are very dated by modern standards, and the remake didn't do much to improve that. The combat and platforming in the game are quite sloppy.

I'm not saying that AE is going to be as big as those three games I mentioned, but I definitely think it'd do well enough that Sony would keep making more entries. AE started around the time that 3D platformers started to decline in popularity because there was such an influx of them on the PSone and N64. Pretty much every publisher was making them at that point. But the market isn't like that anymore. 3D platformers are still pretty rare, so quality ones really stand out.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Alright lets keep the ball rolling

Ape Escape
SOCOM
Resistance
Siren
Sly
Twisted Metal
Legend of Dragoon
Syphon Filter
Wipeout
MotorStorm

If you had to bet your avatar...
Which comes back next gen?
Which would sell the most copies next gen?
Which would YOU want to come back next gen?

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Alright lets keep the ball rolling

Ape Escape
SOCOM
Resistance
Siren
Sly
Twisted Metal
Legend of Dragoon
Syphon Filter

If you had to bet your avatar...
Which comes back next gen?
Which would sell the most copies next gen?
Which would YOU want to come back next gen?
I'd say Resistance comes back, SOCOM would sell the most, and I really want Siren to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.