• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrambledeggs

Apr 25, 2018
3kqcH9Y.png

I had to preorder this artbook. 60€ worth it.
Yoooooo

Is that MW riding next to Ellie in that art? Because I see biceps.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
hmmm given the original post before the mod edits, it does not seem she actually did that? she certainly threatened to import off-site drama because i guess she was stalking the dude for some reason, which is actually clearly against Era's rules.
You really wanna die on the hill of defending a racist and sexist? Come on, man.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
hmmm given the original post before the mod edits, it does not seem she actually did that? she certainly threatened to import off-site drama because i guess she was stalking the dude for some reason, which is actually clearly against Era's rules.

She was defending me after I was called a B. There's more to this you don't understand so it's best not to speak towards it. Much has my respect to vouch for either of us.

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
I especially don't understand where the racism accusation comes in, because the post they were banned for didn't mention anything like that?

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The post was reverted back to its original state but some of the more important parts have been omitted. What actually happened is that Angie was defending a friend of hers who was insulted by the user in question, who said some pretty demeaning things about the friend. The user also has a history of making disparaging comments, hence Angie felt the need to call it out.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
I mean you're the one insisting that that user was racist and sexist without providing any evidence of it?

Evidence was provided, but the user that posted it was banned for exposing racial and sexist behaviour. So, even if that may be off-site drama, are you seriously suggesting that it is acceptable to provide a platform to users who post racist and sexist comments? Do you not see how ridiculous that is, banning a user for trying to tidy up after the cesspool of moderation that refuses to improve the quality of user behaviour on a public forum? Surely, there must be standards in force here.

Either way, this discussion is futile. Nothing beneficial will come from either of us discussing this point, since it will just swing back and forth like a pendulum until either one of us gets banned for attempting to solve a dilemma that neither of us are actually involved in. More to the point, this is a place for discussion about Sony First Party Studios and upcoming titles. If you came here more often you may actually have known that this is what this place is about, but it seems like today is your first day in this thread, going by your post history. I do not understand your motivation for coming into this thread, if not to talk about Sony studios, so that's the end of this discussion.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
The post was reverted back to its original state but some of the more important parts have been omitted. What actually happened is that Angie was defending a friend of hers who was insulted by the user in question, who said some pretty demeaning things about the friend. The user also has a history of making disparaging comments, hence Angie felt the need to call it out.

i literally saw the original post.

Oct 25, 2017
Angie got banned for more time than bigots do on Era.

That says it all really.

She probably would have copped a lesser ban sentence if she straight up said some racist or bigoted shit.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry dude, I've tried that before and got hit with:
-"They have been 60 devs for like a decade, they don't want to grow"
-"What makes you think Sony's funding will make them switch over to AAA?"
-"They want to be independent for all time"
-"A new engine won't stop their games from looking like shit"

Something along those lines...
lol this is sooo true

good thing Sony doesn't listen to Era hot takes

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 weeks): Mod-whining, derailing, and harassing another member over multiple posts in the thread
A racist joke for which he was banned from and he has learnt from it. I hope Angie also learns from what they did.

The dude was banned 3 fucking days while Angie copped a ban of 2 fucking months.

Spot the issue.

Then the dude is calling her a bitch in private.

Gime me a break.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Angie didn't seem all that pressed about that racist joke in the post she made since she literally did not mention it so it's super weird and kind of gaslighty that y'all keep acting like that was some central thrust of it?

Hi. This is a First Party thread about Sony titles.

all the more reason not to try and bring in off site drama i suppose. maybe that's why it's a rule in the first place....

llehuty

Oct 25, 2017
Hi. This is a First Party thread about Sony titles.

It sure is.

mods made a mistake.
#FreeAngie22 or we riot
That's still far too long for Angie to be gone for. Sony could actually announce something in that time, and we need the gifs!

Also, with no repercussions to the person she showed evidence of them being racist and sexist? I mean, come on ERA, where are your moderating standards? :(

Backseat Moderation

Backseat moderation is when members take it upon themselves to act as if they are in charge of moderation, such as by trying to enforce rules themselves, or by publicly insisting on what kind of moderation needs to happen. Please do not do this. This behavior often leads to thread derailment and user arguments; it is also discourteous to the staff.

The report system is always available if you want to bring your concerns to the attention of the team. If you have questions about moderation, feel free to use the contact form or reach out to the Mod Captains directly. What you should never do is tag individual staff members in a thread while asking them to carry out some form of moderation, particularly punitive action against other members. This is obnoxious and unnecessary and will result in penalties for you.

Won't post again in this thread, if you are willing to keep the discussion going, feel free to use your PMs.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
It sure is.
Won't post again in this thread, if you are willing to keep the discussion going, feel free to use your PMs.

You know, it's almost as if Angie is a contributing member to this thread and has us hyped up about Sony studios. This is why I'm talking about her.

Who are you? I haven't seen you in this thread before.

Either way, fruitless discussion continues to be fruitless.

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
You know, it's almost as if Angie is a contributing member to this thread and has us hyped up about Sony studios. This is why I'm talking about her.

Who are you?
Are you gatekeeping this thread?

More seriously, just contact mods if you have issues. Let's just talk again about how Dreams will do or something else than people getting mad at Sony's lack of conference.

Oct 26, 2017
I love Insomniac Games and I really hope they have watched / listened to the feedback of this famous and very meaningful video for the next step of the Ratchet & Clank series!

I really liked the remake when I played it at launch but watching this video is making me like it less and less in hindsight lol.

Also did noooot realize how long the video was. Thought it was only gonna be 15-20 minutes lol.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The original intention of the post was threatening another user using private conversations out of context. But you are all experts of taking things out of context anyway.
Literally nothing about it was out of context. The person in question insulted another member who happens to post here and is a friend of Angie's. Furthermore the person in question has a history of questionable shit that you can easily find if you were to search for it.

lynux3

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only because they're doing it wrong. What do we know about the game?

1. It's by the creators of LitteBigPlanet
2. It's similar to LittleBigPlanet, but the creation engine has become so deep you can now create whole damn games with different art styles in it.

We know this.

So how do we market to everyone else? Simply start focusing on releasing trailers and gameplay demos of games that you can only play in Dreams.

Preferably, games that are in popular genres, and games that look so good it'll come as a shock it was just created in Dreams. People want to see games, they don't want to sit through watching a person creating something. Most of them just want to play.
At the end of the day I think Dreams will market itself.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
There's a chance there might be a commercial tomorrow but I can't think of what possible game aside Dreams, which won't get one, so maybe TloU or Ghost. If not Sony, Square could get one for FFVII:R or Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.