• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation really picks the weirdest studios to go all out in a collaboration. I love Remedy, almost as much as Kojima Productions, but I don't think anything they do on their own is going to rock the world. However, I enjoy this approach, the fact that these are very hardcore studios, what dedicated fans would expect from PlayStation, not a more commercial deal with some bigger team, trying to entice the general public (that will come too probably, but not this way).

Now, if Remedy was to work with a known, popular IP, who knows how big that could get.
Platinum makes game that don't sell well, Yoko taro made game that wasn't selling well yet they're collaboration resulted in a multi-million unit sold game and the franchise becoming a pillar of square, you never know.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Why do y'all want Sony to acquire Remedy? You have played Control, right?! That game is...

smell.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
I don't get the hype for a Remedy-acquisition either.

ANOTHER studio that makes story-driven TPS...Only inferior ones compared to existing first party studios.

Sony should buy a studio that specializes in FPS, RPGs, platformers or JRPGs (yeah right ).

Remedy would be just more of the same. Totally unnecessary.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the hype for a Remedy-acquisition either.

ANOTHER studio that makes story-driven TPS...Only inferior ones compared to existing first party studios.

Sony should buy a studio that specializes in FPS, RPGs, platformers or JRPGs (yeah right ).

Remedy would be just more of the same. Totally unnecessary.

Because they are talented as fuck and will give us Marvel's Doctor Strange

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Can you see Remedy doing RPGs?

Because I really want RPG games right now...
From their Q&A

Question #13 - Member: Cosmic Voyager

If you had to pick one completely new genre to work on for a new game, which one would you pick?

Sergey Mohov, Senior Game Designer: I would personally pick RPG. First of all, I'm a huge RPG fan. I grew up playing Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Arcanum, Fallout 2, Neverwinter Nights, and bring them up in design meetings regularly. But I also think that Remedy would be really good at it. Think about it: we're all about building detailed, weird worlds, populating them with compelling characters, and then telling a story through gameplay. It seems like an excellent starting point for an RPG game.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
From their Q&A

Question #13 - Member: Cosmic Voyager

If you had to pick one completely new genre to work on for a new game, which one would you pick?

Sergey Mohov, Senior Game Designer: I would personally pick RPG. First of all, I'm a huge RPG fan. I grew up playing Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment, Arcanum, Fallout 2, Neverwinter Nights, and bring them up in design meetings regularly. But I also think that Remedy would be really good at it. Think about it: we're all about building detailed, weird worlds, populating them with compelling characters, and then telling a story through gameplay. It seems like an excellent starting point for an RPG game.

Well, this would be absolutely incredible

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Platinum makes game that don't sell well, Yoko taro made game that wasn't selling well yet they're collaboration resulted in a multi-million unit sold game and the franchise becoming a pillar of square, you never know.
It could happen, and I hope it happens. When I used weird, I was also thinking on the tone of their content. Because Remedy as a developer does very weird games, or games with very unusual settings. But that's great, I guess with some serious backing and extra money, they could do something pretty crazy.

I'm one of those people who wanted Death Stranding to be even more stranger, so I'm all in with whatever they're cooking.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Seven years ago today Sony announced PlayStation Meeting, let's see if the history repeats itself.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Sony must be rubbing their hands together after seeing those Fallen Order numbers. If it can do that in a month and a half, then what can Part II do?

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I can totally see a State of Play to introduce it and then, maybe, a live event to further talk about things (whether before or after E3, don't know).

Yeah, a shadow drop would work best for an anniversary kind of thing.

Although I really don't see it happening (we should know not long from now, considering Japan's time). There's also a Taiwan event featuring a demo in a few weeks or so, which is kinda weird (although I guess not everybody has a PS4 at home, so having demo stations there might make some sense).

Well, it wouldn't be announced today either so I'm not sure what you mean. FFVII's Anniversary is tomorrow. Japan time doesn't matter. If it's announced it would be on US time due to what FF is worldwide. Tweeting about a watch isn't related to the anniversary Lol. They're going to absolutely acknowledge it in someway.

But terms of a demo, we'll find out early tomorrow morning if anything happens either by PlayStation or FFVII Twitter. But if it isn't tomorrow, the rumored SoP in February fits. It's going to be announced by Sony because it's FFVII and the demo was posted alongside Patapon 2. Meaning, Sony allowed both to be added to PSN database at the same time so they're both releasing next to each other.

Last edited:

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I don't expect anything big from Sony until May or June to be very honest. They will certainly release more information about the PS5, but I have doubts that it will be at a big event.

It would be amazing to be wrong, tho

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Sony survey about Remote Play. It may leads to possible features:

• Using Remote Play with a PS4 not connected to the Internet.
  • Playing Remote Play on a Switch, AppleTV, AndroidTV
  • Hiding unused controls for the game to allow for more screen real estate
  • A slim/portable DualShock controller for portable gaming
  • Exclusive maps/accessories for Remote Play
  • Customizable button layout
  • Connecting other controllers (Xbox) and mouse/keyboard
  • Offline Remote Play
  • PS1 and PS2 games

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If Sony is following the 2013 model, PlayStation Meeting will be announced today at 6:00pm ET. (I say today rather than January 31, the date the 2013 event was announced, because it was a Thursday, which is what today is).

But don't get your hopes up, because probably nothing will happen and we'll still be waiting~

Alright, Sal, so you forgot that all of the PlayStation 5-related news drops so far have been in the morning EST. Therefore, they're clearly going to announce PlayStation Meeting 2020 in the morning EST on January 31. Yup, that's it. Has to be!

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Jim is unpredictably sly. He can drop a Wired article at 10PM at night just like he dropped the Insomniac acquisition at 3PM on a Monday. At this point, it can happen at anytime so using time patterns to try to make sense of it will get you nowhere Lol

Deleted member 45773

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 10, 2018
I wonder, if nothing is revealed in the next few days (or weeks), are we going to do this everyday until April, May, or whenever Sony gives us new information?

Status
Not open for further replies.