• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My thing on the whole marketing thing for Dreams is this, Ive seen so many people daily ask what Dreams is and most people think its just a create tool. Sony could at least publish some sort of campaign trailer to get people hyped about MM story. I think Dreams will sell fine, I just wish Sony would push it a little because their has been no marketing for it from them in months.

Probably will get a Launch/Story trailer soon. Game is out in 2 weeks.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I honestly wanna know this why do you care how they market their games? Like does this have any effect on you at all or do you just like to talk about sales numbers or something

I don´t honestly, like I said in my previous post I try to avoid this discussions because I think there is hyperbole in both sides when discuting marketing campaigns.
But as someone who usually follow news, Playstation on Instagram, forum, etc etc I think the lack of any push on Dreams is really odd.
I already got my EA since day one so they don´t know to to convince me but like I said the lack of any mention, any about the Impy awards on their Instagram account really caught my eye.

Dreams had a early access version for months are we going to act like that is not marketing ?
In terms of exposing people to a game that is one of the biggest ways to do it .
That said we will see what they do with it marketing wise before and after it comes out .

Of course it´s part of marketing.
But the way they handled it is abysmal.
Like I said in the post above they are not using the EA on their own favor.
Is it really hard or expensive to make a post on Instagram about an award that was made to promote other people creations ?
It feels like at this moment Dreams news are targeted only to Dreams creators and that´s that.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Sales and marketing matter for the end user, I don't why people act otherwise. Maybe folks don't explicitly think about it but it has an impact none the less.

You like a game. You want a sequel. Corporations make dumb mistakes. The last thing you want is a game you like not to get a sequel because it sells poorly due to poor marketing.

No one's worried that Uncharted or TLOU will get another game. Will we get another Concrete Genie, a high budget Ueda game, or hell, a follow up to any game that didn't sell a boat load?

Flip a coin and hope for the best.

Also, Dreams marketing up to this point has been straight trash. Including how the beta and early access were handled.

The first UC game did not light the charts of fire and it got another one .
It's not like these games have to do really good for them to get another one .
Plus sometimes the devs them self don't want to do another one like Ueda for eg .
People like to blame marketing for things that fail but sometimes it more than that .

Oct 25, 2017
The first UC game did not light the charts of fire and it got another one .
It's not like these games have to do really good for them to get another one .
Plus sometimes the devs them self don't want to do another one like Ueda for eg .
People like to blame marketing for things that fail but sometimes it more than that .

And sometimes it is the marketing. Plenty of examples of that around.

And we don't know if Ueda doesn't want to work with Sony. We don't know anything about Ueda's situation. Maybe Shu will reach out to him now that he's got his own position and Sony needs exclusive titles for PS5.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
I honestly wanna know this why do you care how they market their games? Like does this have any effect on you at all or do you just like to talk about sales numbers or something
Dreams is a game that relies on community, and is objectively better if the community is bigger and more diverse. You can only make sure something reaches more people through marketing.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Dreams will bomb so hard day 1, but it can recover if they can continue to support it after that with more content and WOM is obviously going to help it a lot. For me personally the amount of marketing itself wasn't the problem, but what they marketed was. Showing the game as just this creation engine instead of focusing on a cool campaign that is lengthy (say 8 hours) killed any interest.

LBP was also a creation engine, but Sony showed the campaign and had a focused marketing strategy of showing it as a platformer with a mascot even when you can make more than that. Dreams is obviously bigger, but a more focused marketing could have helped people understand what the game is, and then be blown away but how bigger it could be.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My thing on the whole marketing thing for Dreams is this, Ive seen so many people daily ask what Dreams is and most people think its just a create tool. Sony could at least publish some sort of campaign trailer to get people hyped about MM story. I think Dreams will sell fine, I just wish Sony would push it a little because their has been no marketing for it from them in months.
That's because it's a creation tool, the campaign is 3 hours long the last time we heard about it.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
There

lol oh, it shall.
Both in here and in the FFVIIR thread when no demo drops on the Anniversary.
giphy.gif

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Why is people banking on tuesday? I looked up calendar year of 2013 and Jan 31 was on thursday. So like I said before, Sony can announce which day they want. Random tuesdays is something someone made up.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Dreams is not going to rally in the sales charts, lets be honest, the time for Mm/Sony to turn up the marketing campaign is over. PC, an incredibly dedicated fan base, and dedication from Sony and Mm to keep up the support, are the things that could help the game stay afloat. Mm will be fine.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The Last Of Us will be the first Sony game to reach 20M copies sold for sure at this point, right?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
The Last Of Us will be the first Sony game to reach 20M copies sold for sure at this point, right?
Druckmann said in Sept 2019 that "it was actually a lot higher than that [17M] but we don't communicate about these numbers yet"
But the game being PS+ might decelerate its sales I guess

Btw, a great month of PS Plus, what do you guys think about the games ?

Hope PS Now will deliver and not with just 3 titles !

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
Plus line up isn't entirely for me but it does seem to be a big improvement over.... the past year or so.

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Plus February 2020: BioShock: The Collection, The Sims 4 and Firewall Zero Hour

Really good month for me after a couple of duds. I only played the first Bioshock way back when and even though I liked it for some reason I never went back to the series, and every so often I've thought about getting the Sims 4 but never pulled the trigger on it.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Another PS5 trademark, filed January 28, this time in New Zealand:

Previous one, filed January 27, was in Switzerland:

Interesting that they filed them all over the place around the same time. Is there like anything to read into this? Reasoning for waiting until just now when they mentioned PlayStation 5 last year, and showed the logo a a few weeks ago? I like grasping at straws!

Status
Not open for further replies.