• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a confirmed PS exclusive at all.
A trailer can be expected imo, but definitely not a 2021 release in any case.

Lol that'd be something else.

last news about the studio
that they were need some support to work in their project
so there is a chance if Microsoft give them the support they will accept it

Ex-Team Ico Developer Fumito Ueda Is Looking for a Publisher for His Next Game

and it will not be strange if Ueda doesn't want work with Sony anymore
i mean he left Sony for reasons

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Would be hilarious if Ueda thought MS would be more accepting/forgiving of his methodic, dare I saw eccentric, production pace than Sony.

Who knows, though?

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dreams comes out in two weeks... Sony is sending this shit to die aren't they? Haven't seen one promotional item for this thing.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
fotonoticia_20180102120723_640.jpg

Sorry, Im a bit out of the loop
Do we have any idea when the next gendesign game could release? Is it realistic to expect a trailer this year with an early 2021 release?
This is the only confirmed ps exclusive Im excited about (but also hoping the DeS remake rumours are true)

I wouldn't expect it for at least another 2 years. Plus aren't genDesign just a small production company, and they'd need someone else to do the actual legwork?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Dreams comes out in two weeks... Sony is sending this shit to die aren't they? Haven't seen one promotional item for this thing.

I don't think they sending it to die but i don't think we will see a huge marketing push either .
Think dreams will be a game than grows in steps.
After the PS4 version we will get a PC and PS5 version along with them adding VR .

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
How would you even promote it? The fact that Shu recently said they have a 10 year plan for the game shows the amount of trust they are giving MM, I don't know why people are worried about it after that, it'll be a slow burn.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Dreams will be fine, word of mouth is already crazy for the game. People showing off their creations etc, Dreams will flow naturally like when nature calls in the morning.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a 10-year plan for the game. Granted, that probably just consists of making sure the game runs on PS5 and absolutely nothing else, but hey, it's something right?
giphy.gif

Sony AAA games won't \can't even risk certain things like dreams .
Let be serious here which Sony AAA games could dare say there SP part is 2 to 3 hours long .
They would get rip apart .
They ain't what I said tho. And even than dreams did get a lot of shit for that when that info came out. And even than.. point is if they released ghost without any marketing push all these excuses that keep being used for these so called "hard to market games"(cuz it ain't just dreams) ppl would have a fit if they just put ghost out there.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

I usually try to avoid the marketing discussions around here...but yeah it´s crazy the radio silence about Dreams.
I mean we had the Impy Awards a few days ago and Sony didn´t even bother to make some stories/posts on Instagram about it.
Seriously I´ve been in the EA since day one and simply forgot that the game was coming in February lol
Their last ad doesn´t mention it.
I don´t know but we probably ( hope I´m wrong here ) won´t get a SoP to adversite it before launch.
I don´t expect them to go AAA marketing campaign about it, and I understand that it has chances of organic growth, but the lack of any push before its release it´s crazy.
I still don´t believe how bad they managed the whole Impy Awards thing.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Any idea about who might be working on the next Uncharted game? I am sure Sony is not dropping the franchise and apparently ND is done with it.

And I can't wait to see Astro Bot 2 in the reveal of the PS5. Amazing game.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

They ain't what I said tho. And even than dreams did get a lot of shit for that when that info came out. And even than.. point is if they released ghost without any marketing push all these excuses that keep being used for these so called "hard to market games"(cuz it ain't just dreams) ppl would have a fit if they just put ghost out there.

I really don't see the point in comparing the marketing since Dreams so different to everything else.
For eg you think people would get a fit if there was a early access version of Ghost for $40 ( truth that would be interesting to see what happens lol)

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't see the point in comparing the marketing since Dreams so different to everything else.
For eg you think people would get a fit if there was a early access version of Ghost for $40 ( truth that would be interesting to see what happens lol)
Which is why it should get some kind of marketing no? How many ppl need convincing of most of the games Sony have. If I apply the logic that's always used for the dreams tier games than that logic works even better for the games that do get a push.
And even than nobody saying dreams should be shown at movie theaters or on the back of amazon packages but when you can't even put the only fp game you got coming right now in your latest ad yes there's a problem
Imagine Sony not talking about one of their AAA game during 1 year and 6 month... Wait a sec !
and this is why this discussion never gets anywhere cuz y'all be acting so oblivious. Yes it's the exact same thing to a dev going quiet to work on a game compared to a game coming out sure
My god

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Antagonizing other members; long history of similar infractions
Here we go again Sanji doing nothing but complaining about Sony's AAA games because it's cool to do now.

Oct 25, 2017
Here we go again Sanji doing nothing but complaining about Sony's AAA games because it's cool to do now.
Or you can be apart of the actual discussion going on instead of this childish nonsense
Or put me on ignore
Or start a new discussion

you had so many different options you choose this one. So that's pretty much on you honestly

Phoenix15

Banned
Oct 23, 2019
Which is why it should get some kind of marketing no? How many ppl need convincing of most of the games Sony have. If I apply the logic that's always used for the dreams tier games than that logic works even better for the games that do get a push.
And even than nobody saying dreams should be shown at movie theaters or on the back of amazon packages but when you can't even put the only fp game you got coming right now in your latest ad yes there's a problem

and this is why this discussion never gets anywhere cuz y'all be acting so oblivious. Yes it's the exact same thing to a dev going quiet to work on a game compared to a game coming out sure
My god

Obviously, evreyone complaining here know Dreams is coming February 14th

It's obviously funny seeing lot of people talking about how nobody knows a game is coming... Cause you know, if nobody knows, nobody could talk about it...

If you are seriously thinking they will go all-in for TV spot and all for a game like Dreams, YOU are the one who don't have any clue.

And the game come in 15 days, it's not like they can't do anything between today and February 14th... And it's not like they talked about Dreams since 2013...

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Or you can be apart of the actual discussion going on instead of this childish nonsense
Or put me on ignore
Or start a new discussion

you had so many different options you choose this one. So that's pretty much on you honestly
There is no actual discussion when you're just crying about the same things, but you're right, welcome to ignore.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

When it comes to marketing dreams i think they should do the push after it out than before .
I expect we will get a few small things for it before it comes out but marketing wise dreams best serve with some marketing every few months\version.
At least that is what i hope they do but this is Sony so who knows .

Oct 25, 2017
Finally you should probably put the other ppl on there too. Funny part is I didn't even start it..

Remember Concrete Genie?

Folks put their heads in the ground long ago.

Game doesn't sell > "Marketing wouldn't have helped it."

Game sells > "See? The marketing was good."

An excuse for every occasion. The Dreams excuses are already prepped and ready to go. Please look forward to them.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

Basically this.
I don´t think no one here is expecting Sony put Dreams on metro stations like they did with Spider Man.
But damn you just released an ad and you don´t mention your next published game on it.
You make a an Award to show what people have been doing in Dreams and you don´t even mention it in your own social media ?
There are so many ways to expose Dreams to the public, specially because of Dreams nature, and they are not put a single effort on it.
Just in comparison : MediEvil remake, yes fucking MediEvil remake, had a bigger push on Instagram ( I don´t know about other social medias ) than Dreams. YES FUCKING MEDIEVIL REMAKE !!!

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Basically this.
I don´t think no one here is expecting Sony put Dreams on metro stations like they did with Spider Man.
But damn you just released an ad and you don´t mention your next published game on it.
You make a an Award to show what people have been doing in Dreams and you don´t even mention it in your own social media ?
There are so many ways to expose Dreams to the public, specially because of Dreams nature, and they are not put a single effort on it.
Just in comparison : MediEvil remake, yes fucking MediEvil remake, had a bigger push on Instagram ( I don´t know about other social medias ) than Dreams. YES FUCKING MEDIEVIL REMAKE !!!
I honestly wanna know this why do you care how they market their games? Like does this have any effect on you at all or do you just like to talk about sales numbers or something

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
I honestly wanna know this why do you care how they market their games? Like does this have any effect on you at all or do you just like to talk about sales numbers or something
Yeah, I never understood why people care about this or total sales either lol.

Btw Dreams has gotten tons of marketing, its all I ever see on social media etc. People getting all hot and heavy for no reason based on the fact that they think they know better than Sony.

Patent

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jul 2, 2018
North Carolina
Yeah, I never understood why people care about this or total sales either lol.

Btw Dreams has gotten tons of marketing, its all I ever see on social media etc. People getting all hot and heavy for no reason based on the fact that they think they know better than Sony.
I care if it could be a dev in danger, but that's it and i do not think that is what is happening with MM

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Basically this.

Dreams had a early access version for months are we going to act like that is not marketing ?
In terms of exposing people to a game that is one of the biggest ways to do it .
That said we will see what they do with it marketing wise before and after it comes out .

Oct 25, 2017
Sales and marketing matter for the end user, I don't why people act otherwise. Maybe folks don't explicitly think about it but it has an impact none the less.

You like a game. You want a sequel. Corporations make dumb mistakes. The last thing you want is a game you like not to get a sequel because it sells poorly due to poor marketing.

No one's worried that Uncharted or TLOU will get another game. Will we get another Concrete Genie, a high budget Ueda game, or hell, a follow up to any game that didn't sell a boat load?

Flip a coin and hope for the best.

Also, Dreams marketing up to this point has been straight trash. Including how the beta and early access were handled.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Great reviews for Dreams could help it's sales.

I've said it before, EDGE could give it a 10 as how they championing innovation in video games.

If they would give a 9, I would be slightly surprised, albeit still a great score.

But if they somewhat ended a 8 or lower = my mind kinda = blown.

I don't know what IGN/Gamespot scores though...

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Sales and marketing matter for the end user, I don't why people act otherwise. Maybe folks don't explicitly think about it but it has an impact none the less.

You like a game. You want a sequel. Corporations make dumb mistakes. The last thing you want is a game you like not to get a sequel because it sells poorly due to poor marketing.

No one's worried that Uncharted or TLOU will get another game. Will we get another Concrete Genie, a high budget Ueda game, or hell, a follow up to any game that didn't sell a boat load?

Flip a coin and hope for the best.

Also, Dreams marketing up to this point has been straight trash. Including how the beta and early access were handled.
I can see that, makes sense!

Still, none of that matters to me lol not worth my energy and time to get upset/care.

Dyllan Price

Oct 25, 2017
My thing on the whole marketing thing for Dreams is this, Ive seen so many people daily ask what Dreams is and most people think its just a create tool. Sony could at least publish some sort of campaign trailer to get people hyped about MM story. I think Dreams will sell fine, I just wish Sony would push it a little because their has been no marketing for it from them in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.