• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Sony 360 Audio wins best of CES from AVSForum

75530955e2b4e734094f.jpg

I can't wait for games to be developed with this in audio setup in mind for PS5. Sound design has been really great in Sony studios this generation.
Sweet, I bet this is better than Dolby Atmos.

Oct 25, 2017

this thread in a nutshell right now

Haha. This and the next-gen console thread. From next-gen thread:
you guys are so thirsty that you guys all sat there waiting for a 30second bit premiere from a Playstation Poland channel 😂

Next week will be the TRUE countdown if we get a Feb event... like last gen when it debuted also on Jan 31st (the teaser)
Imagine if this craziness continues for a few months without any PS5 news... :D

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not what I said. But a game underperforming on 3 platforms is easier to save and profit on than one underperforming on two.
SF is one of their big franchises, that's not talking about an exclusive MvC4.

I check financial reports every time. They're in a better financial situation because they changed their way of making games (thanks Inafune), try less to make their mobile games a success (they put tons of money into that with no good result), and because their recent game have done well.
If you do read financial reports, you'd know Sony didn't have much of an impact on that. Unless you just mean "PS4 was successful so they're successful", which isn't the same thing at all as "better financial situation because of Sony".

It's not totally how it works. You also have cost associated with releasing on other platforms. SF IV fits a strategic role by being exclusive to promote e-sport in Japan. They're not going with weak online with Nintendo nor weak Japan presence with Xbox.

If you look at the reports you'd noticed Capcom shipped the majority of their software on PS4. PS4 having a strong global and digital presence really contributed to Capcom having 6 consecutive years of growth.

Last edited:

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Shpeshal Ed (one of the people to say that Horizon was coming to PC) on the newest Xbox Podcast said the other 2 games he heard that were coming to PC was Gravity Rush 2 and TLG. He also said that he heard Sony is going to use EGS and possibly create their own launcher down the line.

It's under the Rumor Mill section (46:50)

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility toward another member
Shpeshal Ed (one of the people to say that Horizon was coming to PC) on the newest Xbox Podcast said the other 2 games he heard that were coming to PC was Gravity Rush 2 and TLG. He also said that he heard Sony is going to use EGS and possibly create their own launcher down the line.

Haha imagine linking the xbox era podcast in here. Ed is full of shit stop believing every random nobody.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

...... yeah... can we please not?

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
It's not totally how it works. You also have cost associated with releasing on other platforms. SF IV fits a strategic role by being exclusive to promote e-sport in Japan. They're not going with weak online with Nintendo nor weak Japan presence with Xbox.

If you look at the reports you'd noticed Capcom shipped the majority of their software on PS4. PS4 having a strong global and digital presence and really constituted to Capcom having 6 consecutive years of growth.
Yeah. I don't think it's just a coincidence that this gen they highlighted Playstation heavily once again, unlike last gen, and their business turned back around to be more successful again this gen. A lot of their sales are on PS, they should keep highlighting their games on them.

Last edited:

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
So I replayed Until Dawn again this weekend...Sony has to make it some sorta of American Horror Story project on this IP.
Keep the same cast and go for different stories.
Also the game still a looker.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
So I replayed Until Dawn again this weekend...Sony has to make it some sorta of American Horror Story project on this IP.
They would need to re-hire the people who wrote the story for Until Dawn first since it was not written by Supermassive.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
They would need to re-hire the people who wrote the story for Until Dawn first since it was not written by Supermassive.
Their games post-Until Dawn proved how instrumental that director-writer duo was for that game being special.

Sometimes a good writer really is the difference between an Until Dawn and an Order 1886.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah. I don't think it's just a coincidence that this gen they highlighted Playstation heavily once again, unlike last gen, and their business turned back around to be more successful again this gen. A lot of their sales are on PS, they should keep highlighting their games on them.
They highlighted PS heavily because they're the market leader and because they have multiple deals with them. But people see consequences where there isn't, Capcom turned around without Sony's help. That's the point.
Doesn't mean that the PS4 being successful (not in Japan) didn't help.

Nov 21, 2017

As much as I would love this since Until Dawn was one of my favorite games this gen it will be tough to keep the same cast and go for different stories since not only would they need to get the original writers back but also Rami Malek is a academy award winning actor who is really busy now. Not saying they can't get Malek back but his schedule is definitely busy as he is an actor in high demand in Hollywood now.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
They highlighted PS heavily because they're the market leader and because they have multiple deals with them. But people see consequences where there isn't, Capcom turned around without Sony's help. That's the point.
Doesn't mean that the PS4 being successful (not in Japan) didn't help.
I think we're all partly right. What I said may have been overselling it but at the same time I also think you're underselling it, since I think it's not just simply being market leader but also user preferences on PS as to the why this gen again resonated, I think it's a mix and that Capcom and PS4 (and Capcom and PSVR for both of them with RE7) both fed off the success of each other.
I also feel like they actually got in early and highlighted PS heavily even before they were the market leader this time. Ono being on stage right at the start, Deep Down even though it never managed to come out gave them some early positive buzz as a showpiece with PS fans until they finally started getting games out, and SFIV and yeah the deal for SFV both at PSX 2014.

Last edited:

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah… and no.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

Why exactly do you believe a word that poster says? They obviously have an axe to grind. All that poster did is regurgitate another rumor, they have no 'insider' information afaik.

This is the type of post they have about the subject when they thought Horizon was going to be announced going to PC in a State of Play:

hahahahahahaha

tomorrow is going to be incredible.

Last edited:

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Why exactly do you believe a word that poster says? They obviously have an axe to grind. All that poster did is regurgitate another rumor, they have no 'insider' information afaik.

This is the type of post they have about the subject when they thought Horizon was going to be announced going to PC in a State of Play:

Pretty sure that was about the Game Awards. But more so, given the reactions we eventually got to that news (once Jason tweeted it), were pretty incredible. You don't find responses that....passionate, to a 3 year old console game going to PC fairly laughable?

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
There is no sense releasing TLG or Gravity Rush 2 on PC. GT Sports, Dreams...those kinda first party games are more suitable for PC if they want to make cash and improve game communities, specially with Dreams. If they want blockbuster is better go with Spiderman or GOW.

But...GR2 and TLG ? For me, has no sense. Imho.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Pretty sure that was about the Game Awards. But more so, given the reactions we eventually got to that news (once Jason tweeted it), were pretty incredible. You don't find responses that....passionate, to a 3 year old console game going to PC fairly laughable?

No it wasn't, it was about State of Play, which was on a Tuesday, while the Game Awards were on a Thursday. That post is on December 9th, which was a Monday, so obviously you were talking about State of Play with that post.

Do I find overreactions to ports to PC laughable? Sure. But that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm referring to your behavior, which is just as bad. Like I said, it's obvious you have an axe to grind for whatever reason. Perhaps before casting aspersions on others you should probably worry about yourself.

Edit: As far as this rumor, anyone can say anything, simply relaying a post from another website doesn't make you an insider any more than reading a book makes me an author. Also porting GR2 without GR:R doesn't even make sense.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
No it wasn't, it was about State of Play, which was on a Tuesday, while the Game Awards were on a Thursday. That post is on December 9th, which was a Monday, so obviously you were talking about State of Play with that post.

Do I find overreactions to ports to PC laughable? Sure. But that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm referring to your behavior, which is just as bad. Like I said, it's obvious you have an axe to grind for whatever reason. Perhaps before casting aspersions on others you should probably worry about yourself.

Edit: As far as this rumor, anyone can say anything, simply relaying a post from another website doesn't make you an insider any more than reading a book makes me an author. Also porting GR2 without GR:R doesn't even make sense.

GR2 and Last Guardian was on another website?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
There is no sense releasing TLG or Gravity Rush 2 on PC. GT Sports, Dreams...those kinda first party games are more suitable for PC if they want to make cash and improve game communities, specially with Dreams. If they want blockbuster is better go with Spiderman or GOW.

But...GR2 and TLG ? For me, has no sense. Imho.
Gravity Rush is also likely a dead I.P, so at the very least it shouldn't be hard to tell if they are reliable or not in time, because it's a out there game to pick.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
GR2 and Last Guardian was on another website?

Is there a reason you ignored everything else in that post? As far as your question, I was referring to you relaying the Horizon news, jbug seems to think you have actual information, and I don't think simply relaying information from another website to count. So if you have information and we're supposed to believe that it's credible, then I think it's only fair that someone verify you. Otherwise I don't see the point in posting it.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is there a reason you ignored everything else in that post? As far as your question, I was referring to you relaying the Horizon news, jbug seems to think you have actual information, and I don't think simply relaying information from another website to count. So if you have information and we're supposed to believe that it's credible, then I think it's only fair that someone verify you. Otherwise I don't see the point in posting it.

Ah, now I get it.

The admins and I have already worked that out and as you can tell, anything since then I haven't posted on the forum.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Gravity Rush 2 feels like the game you can spot fake rumors from. If it is suggested that it will be given a sequel or port then the one who created the rumor just didn't follow the lack of marketing, the commercial performance and the rapid shutdown of its servers after launch.

I mean, if Sony's PC efforts are a major success then I could see it being a 'Wave 5' game but there has to be like 30 games likely to sell better between their published PS3 and PS4 games. Heck, even a few PS2 games like God of War 1 and 2.

I'd love to eat crow. The series deserves a bigger crowd, even if I can't see it getting much of that via a port.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
You know what Sony? I'll take the PS5's start up chime in an Instagram post... Throw us a bone here XD ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.