• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2019
The really funny thing is that we know more about the PS5 at this point in the PS4's life cycle than we did about the PS4 last gen during the PS3's life cycle and everyone is losing their minds lol.
Well I think that's part of the reason why people are so anxious. They've given us the first 15 minutes of the conference and now we want the other 45 minutes.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
The really funny thing is that we know more about the PS5 at this point in the PS4's life cycle than we did about the PS4 last gen during the PS3's life cycle and everyone is losing their minds lol.
The Kaz Hirai quote about letting Microsoft go first regarding the Orbis/Durango reveals came 10 days before Sony announced the PS Meeting. I would love to be around for the reactions if Jim Ryan or someone from Sony said that today.

Leeen

Apr 15, 2018
History shows us Sony only acquires developers after a successful prior relationship, and I wouldn't say Sony's relationship with RaD was that successful. Obviously Sony could deviate from that but I doubt it.
I thought they made very successful portable games prior to their last partnership.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
00yZ5QL.jpg
Blimey. I think I'll stop at the finger thanks. Not sure a whole arm would fit...

Oct 30, 2017
Personally I don't care too much about Housemarque. I liked Resogun but the other games didn't grab my attention.

Maybe my perception is wrong but none of their recent games seemed to get a lot of attention and they faded away pretty quickly after release.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I don't care too much about Housemarque. I liked Resogun but the other games didn't grab my attention.

Maybe my perception is wrong but none of their recent games seemed to get a lot of attention and they faded away pretty quickly after release.
That's why Housemarque would make a great acquisition. If Sony and MS are going to continue buying up studios, I'd rather they snap up talented but struggling studios like Housemarque and Ninja Theory over those that seem to be doing fine on their own.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Sony is done with acquisitions. Unless something drastic happens.
No publisher is ever really 'done' with acquisitions. If an opportunity presents itself and aligns well, they'll take it.

Yep:
PlayStation Worldwide Studios currently consists of 14 development studios around the world. Hiroki Totoki, senior EVP and CFO of PlayStation, made it sound like those teams might be adding more family members soon. "At the investor relations day (in May)," he said, "we mentioned that Sony's strength lies in our first-party content and IP." He went on to say that "going forward, we will continue to pursue growth investment opportunities that will enhance our own content IP."

Status
Not open for further replies.