• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Hopefully Cyberpunk gets a day one next gen update, but no way I will play it on PS4.

Sega PLEASE bring Yakuza 7 west version a few months before PS5 launch and together with GoT, I am very pleased with the last current gen months.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

In case with Gravity Rush 2 Toyama did only used 50+ people which is not even a full core team. It was a very small game. There were so many empty desks when Japan Studio staff filmed the office floor during gold phase in 2016.
The Gravity Rush 2 team had 70+ people and in its last year of develoment even 90 as Toyama mentioned in an interview. And Sony said they delayed Gravity Rush 2 "to not compete with other AAA games" around Christmas. Gravity Rush 2 wasn't a "very small game". And for Sony Japan Studio it was one of their few AAA titles this gen.

Last edited:

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
If they really reveal PS5 only in the spring, do you guys think they will have a new State Of Play before it? They simply cannot stay in silent for another 3 or 4 months 🤔

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

It kinda looks like a 5.

213456786543218cjai.jpg

Sony is messing with us...

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Based on everyone saying "surely Sony has to show something soon," I'm going to put it out there that we're in for 4-5 more months of vague teases and zero new information.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I posted yesterday that it would be funny if they stay in silent for the next few months. But now it doesn't seem so funny

I mean, they posted the PS5 teaser at the end of the day on January 31st. With some convinced the announcement will be similar to that one, I don't know why people are even expecting anything this week.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

The Gravity Rush 2 team had 70+ people and in its last year of develoment even 90 as Toyama mentioned in an interview. And Sony said they delayed Gravity Rush 2 "to not compete with other AAA games" around Christmas. Gravity Rush 2 wasn't a "very small game". And for Sony Japan Studio it was one of their few AAA titles this gen.

This seems too random to be nothing.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Man the rumors of Sony working on a new horror IP has me excited as hell. Hope they are true, I feel it's a gap they've had in their portfolio for a while now.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

SSM are hiring a lead gameplay programmer, lead rendering programmer and a technical Director. Either ALL of them left the studio (which seems highly unlikely), or maybe they're building up that 2nd team?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

SSM are hiring a lead gameplay programmer, lead rendering programmer and a technical Director. Either ALL of them left the studio (which seems highly unlikely), or maybe they're building up that 2nd team?

At least in the case of the lead gameplay programmer, that was Jeet Shroff for GoW 2018. He's now the gameplay director at the studio.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Not necessarily. Some are just promoted to higher positions. There's also occasions where there's actually more than one "lead". Rare but it happens lol.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I listen to a lot of alternative music. Was listening to a band and all of the sudden the song ends with the audio fragment from p.t. I almost shit my pants lol.

From 2.20:

Status
Not open for further replies.