• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Aug 23, 2018
Full exclusive - Yes
But console exclusive i think not. 85% sales of W3 is PS4 and PC.

The entire Witcher IP is exponentially more popular and likely worth a lot more than it was a few months ago before the Netflix show. An exclusive game from them is a stretch, but an exclusive Witcher game is basically laughable. It's also not worth it for Sony, I'd rather they spend that on their own IP

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Was a twitt,and I would love a horror game by Kojima.

Do you know something we don't?
I worked for Playstation Canada in Sales/Marketing for many years as my previous job. I moved on a while ago so I am sure there are many developments since.

I know quite a bit more too but I aint speculating because like I said, it's been many years.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Ehh.. whoever's left behind will find a way to play it.

I thought we've know man about the horror game already!? It's not new..

I can tell you now it's not a Kojima game so let that go. From the old siren team.
Kojima just released Death Stranding,of course couldn't be his game,but I am talking about the next project.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
User Banned (1 week): Trolling
is kojima the same dude who made death stranded? yeah i don't think anyone's gonna take a chance with him anytime soon 😂 mans swindled loads of cash for a game that's all about walking yet has bum legs for sales.

but bless his soul for mgs5 🙏🏽

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
I worked for Playstation Canada in Sales/Marketing for many years as my previous job. I moved on a while ago so I am sure there are many developments since.

I know quite a bit more too but I aint speculating because like I said, it's been many years.
You perhaps know something what happened to Toyama's major project he was working on behind the scenes and he only gave us Siren Blood Curse/New Translation for PS3?

Masahiro Ito confirmed on twitter in 2018 he was working on a Russian retro sci-fi horror at Sony between 2008 and 2010 which was cancelled.

He painted concept arts in 2007 (which was around the time he had left Konami).

Why did Shu cancelled so many AAA projects and closed down studios in favor of smaller indie-level games like Gravity Rush which is super niche?

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
You perhaps know something what happened to Toyama's major project he was working on behind the scenes and he only gave us Siren Blood Curse/New Translation for PS3?

Masahiro Ito confirmed on twitter in 2018 he was working on a Russian retro sci-fi horror at Sony between 2008 and 2010 which was cancelled.

He painted concept arts in 2007 (which was around the time he had left Konami).

Why did Shu cancelled so many AAA projects and closed down studios in favor of smaller indie-level games like Gravity Rush which is super niche?

No sorry I do not, but that cancelled project didn't stop Toyama from getting greenlit on another horror game. PS Canada is just purely sales and promotional driven, we were barely shown/told anything about future related projects.

I still have some friends there so some stuff slips through.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
is kojima the same dude who made death stranded? yeah i don't think anyone's gonna take a chance with him anytime soon 😂 mans swindled loads of cash for a game that's all about walking yet has bum legs for sales.

but bless his soul for mgs5 🙏🏽

gPIJJii.jpg

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
It's kind of obvious a studio acquisition is up in the air. He is hanging around at SIEJ's HQ a lot in Shinagawa and his studio + president visited Insomniac after Death Stranding tour with Hermen Hulst. They are keeping most stuff close to their chest right now.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I will get this for sure but I have to say, the thing i am most excted for is PC version of Monster hunter being complete lol

Nov 8, 2017
User banned (3 weeks): Highly inappropriate sleuthing
[mod edit: personal information removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
For studios acquisitions my preferences (totally based on my preferences) i would like :
- Atlus
- From Software (now to big to a acquisition)
- Give Yoko Taro a studio and the same king of liberty that was given to Kojima.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
No sorry I do not, but that cancelled project didn't stop Toyama from getting greenlit on another horror game. PS Canada is just purely sales and promotional driven, we were barely shown/told anything about future related projects.

I still have some friends there so some stuff slips through.
It was probably a different time then. Sony didn't gave developers creative freedom until around pre-PS4 era. But it is what it is. I have to accept the decision Toyama made with Gravity Rush. He said back in 2013 that he had Sony against him to make a new horror game due to market is not keen on horror genre like it was in the late 90's.

Things are different now and Gavin Moore did say they have freedom to make whatever they want. But they have greenlit meetings, they are tracked. Their development culture is also different from other WWS developers.

They have more teams as they refer to small core teams. They can still make a game in full development with that core team while their project is line for more manpower in the end of production in form of staff workers who don't belong in any of the core teams. Depends on how big the project is decides the size of the core team.

In case with Gravity Rush 2 Toyama did only used 50+ people which is not even a full core team. It was a very small game. There were so many empty desks when Japan Studio staff filmed the office floor during gold phase in 2016.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's kind of obvious a studio acquisition is up in the air. He is hanging around at SIEJ's HQ a lot in Shinagawa and his studio + president visited Insomniac after Death Stranding tour with Hermen Hulst. They are keeping most stuff close to their chest right now.

Don't see it happening. There's a big chance there's another exclusive coming, but buying it outright would be a bad investments. Kojima could leave at any time and then you have an empty shell.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Don't see it happening. There's a big chance there's another exclusive coming, but buying it outright would be a bad investments. Kojima could leave at any time and then you have an empty shell.
Kojima money moves:
1. Sell company to sony
2. Leave immediately after the deal is done and take all your team with you to start a new company
3. Profit

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA

Why do you think Sony and Microsoft pushed mid-gen refreshes instead of just "optimizing" their games for Playstation 4's and Xbox One's 18 and 12 compute units, respectively?
Hint: Because the machines aged quickly and more grunt (compute, bandwidth, IPC, etc.) is needed to meet developers' technical and artistic needs.
Barlog is making an insanely reductive argument and I expected better.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not boom. Why do you think Sony and Microsoft pushed mid-gen refreshes instead of just "optimizing" their games for Playstation 4's and Xbox One's 18 and 12 compute units, respectively?
Hint: Because the machines aged quickly and more power is needed to meet developers' technical and artistic needs.
This is an insanely reductive argument to come from Barlog.

I think he is being literal.

Did you watch the GOW documentary? Or TLOU's? Those games were a mess just before shipping.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Yes no shit Cory lol

But optimization won't do magic when the hardware can't keep up with devs ambitions.
tumblr_pe5ohmlJ4m1qc3ju8o2_r1_500.gifv

Yeah, if you're looking to play this game on a base current gen console, you're asking for trouble. Witcher 3 needed numerous patches to run acceptably on PS4/XB1 and this isn't going to be any better.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
I think he is being literal.

Did you watch the GOW documentary? Or TLOU's? Those games were a mess just before shipping.
Multiplatform software development =/= Exclusive software development
Pouring direct labor hours into technical and artistic re-engineering for 1 or 2 PlayStation platforms versus PC and multiple console platforms are wildly different processes.
Literal or metaphorical or philosophical, it doesn't matter. He can't equate SSM's experience with GOW on PS4 to CDPR's experience with PC, PS4, and XB1.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
Did i say that? Uhm, no.

If the rumour is true, One and PS4 versions will look and perform like ass and that's it.

I expect that to be the case I said before I expect that third party games will push the transition quicker than anything else. I also expect MS to just do a botw type situation with the games releasing on old hardware, just dont talk about it, it's a nice thought they have to support old hardware but it'll run awful on them and if people can play that and be happy more power to them

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk is going to be ass on the enhanced machines as well. This is a Jedi Fallen Order situation where the only acceptable platform as far as performance goes is PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.