• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Nah. Black looks meh. Should be:
eowvtzfxsaivnxnk8j0e.jpg
This is godly.

They will stick with Blue.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Seeing talk about Jason Schreier teasing PS5 launch titles. Was that talked about in this thread recently?

I just remembered this thought I had a couple years ago. Prior to Uncharted 4 releasing, one of my hopes was that ND would include a section in NYC (particularly Manhattan) in which Nate would be pursued by henchmen of the main villain (in my mind, he had just finished visiting a friend at a museum (maybe its curator?) when the henchmen make their presence known). I envisioned the level as part car chase, part foot chase (maybe you start in a taxi and have to leave it due to a traffic jam). Mainly, I wanted to see what ND could do with the packed streets and pedestrians of a city the scale of NYC. Imagine this on PS5!
This sounds great. Having Uncharted go to a modern setting, even if my was for one level would be really neat.

Truthfully I just love the Uncharted game design formula, and I'd love to see a totally different setting and characters for a game like it.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing talk about Jason Schreier teasing PS5 launch titles. Was that talked about in this thread recently?

This sounds great. Having Uncharted go to a modern setting, even if my was for one level would be really neat.

Truthfully I just love the Uncharted game design formula, and I'd love to see a totally different setting and characters for a game like

But seriously, could you imagine having to (in real time) leave the taxi, needing to avoid NYC street traffic, as well as pedestrian traffic on the sidewalks. That would be something that probably would've caused current gen consoles to buckle due to the amount of dynamic objects. Then, as cliche as it would be, I could see you needing to head down into a subway station. Maybe the chase continues onto a train and out of another station. Man, that would be such a tense, but exciting level!

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

This makes sense to go this way. Sony bases their game cases off their movie or music side because of their mass appeal with multimedia in the entertainment industry. With PS1 it was based on Sony music cases at the time. PS2 was based on DVD cases. PS3 was based on Blu-ray cases. PS4 was based on Blu-ray cases as well. (Blu-ray was the longest one so far so this makes sense they'd carry it over) PS5 will be based on 4k Blu-ray's so they will almost definitely be black. Sony owns a chunk of Blu-ray.

Side note: I think it'll just be "Demon's Souls" not Remake.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I've bought a mix of physical and digital this gen, but for PS5 I'm going all physical, but this thread has made me realise that this could be the last generation to have physical games. If that's the case I'm going all physical, especially if the game boxes look as good as some of these mock ups.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Any speculation on who the major distributor is that'll be handling Destination PlayStation? Best Buy? Game Stop? Amazon? Who else is there?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
You guys are becoming famous on Twitter. saw the covers you guys did being share there.

And tbf, they did give credit and share the link to this thread, the ones I saw sharing.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I just remembered this thought I had a couple years ago. Prior to Uncharted 4 releasing, one of my hopes was that ND would include a section in NYC (particularly Manhattan) in which Nate would be pursued by henchmen of the main villain (in my mind, he had just finished visiting a friend at a museum (maybe its curator?) when the henchmen make their presence known). I envisioned the level as part car chase, part foot chase (maybe you start in a taxi and have to leave it due to a traffic jam). Mainly, I wanted to see what ND could do with the packed streets and pedestrians of a city the scale of NYC. Imagine this on PS5!
It reminds me National Treasure movies, but yeah that would have been a very good sequence !
It's true that Uncharted lacks a sequence where we see Nathan in a populated urban environment

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
Whey people underestimate Remedy and think that 200 mln dollars is too much for them without knowing what Remedy is actually developing? And as far as i know, they have more than 200 employees.

If they are making next "spider man" game for PS5 and it's a 10mln+ seller, after a few years their market cap will be much higher. There are too many ifs but i am sure that Sony knows better.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
He said later it's not about a game or a console and also that it will be for everyone and not just a single platform.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Then shouldn't the publisher be on the box? Which would be Sony in every region this time.

Also I hope it's not a reimagining.

Sony's FP boxarts just feature the developer logo

817d2zvy2al._ac_sx43063kn8.jpg

49210891223-b2c4ebbb2rtjiu.jpg

This is actually something new that they started this gen as last gen boxarts would feature the dev logo alongside the SIE diamond.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Sony's FP boxarts just feature the developer logo

817d2zvy2al._ac_sx43063kn8.jpg

49210891223-b2c4ebbb2rtjiu.jpg

This is actually something new that they started this gen as last gen boxarts would feature the dev logo alongside the SIE diamond.
shadow-of-the-colossus-us-rp-ps4-1509569745571.jpg

Looks like they might not put anything on the cover.

Looks like The Last Guardian doesn't have anything on its box either.
But Uncharted Collection that Bluepoint worked on has Naughty Dog on it.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
shadow-of-the-colossus-us-rp-ps4-1509569745571.jpg

Looks like they might not put anything on the cover.

Yeah, where they go with DS is unknown. The original release of Bloodborne also didn't feature any developer or SIE on the cover. But The Old Hunters edition in Europe featured From and Japan Studio. Theoretically it could have three logos, Bluepoint, From and JS.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta be honest I never actually liked the blue covers on PS4 games, hopefully they go with black or something else for the PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.