• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
At this point, if Remedy isn't joining SCEWWS, I would just feel bad for them. They deserve so much more attention than they get, and it feels like the only reason people even talk about them is as a potential acquisition target for big first parties.

Control is awesome. More people should play it and talk about it.

Control has some great destruction going on, but it's really boring and repetitive. Deleted it halfway through. Not really hyped if they're the ones getting acquired. Better than nothing I guess.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Control has some great destruction going on, but it's really boring and repetitive. Deleted it halfway through. Not really hyped if they're the ones getting acquired. Better than nothing I guess.

I mean, the game is way more than just the combat. But I suppose if the atmosphere and tone don't click for you there isn't all that much to click onto.

I loved it. Dashing and flying around while Force Throwing shit at enemies was a joy, even if the gun variety was a little wimpy.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I'd have rated control higher if it launched at $40 and didn't launch in a damn near unplayable state on consoles and there were more powers.

As it is, it felt like a half baked infamous game with a unique atmosphere and one of the most boring protags I've played as.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Tidux is still a fraud, I am more baffled that Remedy's people even know about him.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have rated control higher if it launched at $40 and didn't launch in a damn near unplayable state on consoles and there were more powers.

As it is, it felt like a half baked infamous game with a unique atmosphere and one of the most boring protags I've played as.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills all of a sudden. I'm actually positive on a game and people are dumping on it. Did I wake up in Bizarro World this morning? :(

Jun 23, 2019

Lol You are trying way too hard. The game has received over 10 GotY awards already. You might not have liked it, but it's nowhere as bad as you are making it sound like.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

She is boring...but I do like the gameplay and atmosphere

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

Nah Jesse's cool man
Hi guys, I think you might be hotly debating the E3 announcement mostly today, but I was wondering if people were supportive of the idea to create a Resetera Community Creations thread for Dreams. I think the stuff that has already been done in Early Access is phenomenal and should have more space on this site. The OT will be a great place for this, I guess. But there might be others like me who have started to dig deeper into the tools and might want a place for some more exchange on Dreams here on ERA. Not sure whether a hangout would be suitable or if we can create a thread in the main gaming section.

Anyways, I'm thrilled for February and will leave with a couple of cool videos about Dreams. I hope people will keep revisiting for a long time after launch even if it's just for playing rather than creating.

Took part in two Community Jams now (same nick on PSN) and it's been such a cool experience even though I don't have that much spare time at the moment.

I haven't used Dreams deep enough yet to really engage with that sorta stuff but it seems like a cool idea. I'm sure folk in the OT would take part.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, if Remedy isn't joining SCEWWS, I would just feel bad for them. They deserve so much more attention than they get, and it feels like the only reason people even talk about them is as a potential acquisition target for big first parties.

Control is awesome. More people should play it and talk about it.

They are not a potential acquisition target because they are too expensive.

The studio is valued at $175M today not including the required premium to the public price.

If Remedy was independent they would be a target, but as long as they are publicly traded and at that valuation (40x cash flow and 5x revenue) no one will be able to justify purchasing them.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I mean, the game is way more than just the combat. But I suppose if the atmosphere and tone don't click for you there isn't all that much to click onto.

I loved it. Dashing and flying around while Force Throwing shit at enemies was a joy, even if the gun variety was a little wimpy.

Fun for a few hours, but there's almost no enemy variety, the setting is all the same, the bosses are plain silly and sometimes come with unfair difficulty spikes, like floors falling away underneath you while you're not able to see this. And the worst thing is the story in my opinion. My god, I wish developers stopped with this "who can make the most vague and weird story ever" contest. Let FROM Software and Kojima handle that shit. More than enough. It really doesn't help me to get into the game.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I love Max Payne (especially 2) and Alan Wake, but responded very badly to Control, much to my dismay.

- Bland main character
- Incoherent map + samey environments = mass confusion
- Terrible checkpoint system
- Maybe the worst performing game I've played this gen
- Irritating difficulty spikes (exacerbated by the checkpoint system and poor performance)

Remedy's in my bad books right now. Sony should just acquire Sega instead.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
From vague storytelling is overrated...

controversial opinion maybe, but I love the combat, atmosphere sense of progression and accomplishment with that old school difficulty. Piecing together what little sense the story makes is not my cup, I dont have time to discuss everything on forums/social media like I'm in high school on summer break lol. If you have an interesting story, tell it. Minimalism done right is Ico/SotC. BB is too vague man.

Oct 1, 2019
Remedy is a publicly traded. If Sony actually made moves to acquire them, we'll know it right away through actual gaming news outlets right?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Fun for a few hours, but there's almost no enemy variety, the setting is all the same, the bosses are plain silly and sometimes come with unfair difficulty spikes, like floors falling away underneath you while you're not able to see this. And the worst thing is the story in my opinion. My god, I wish developers stopped with this "who can make the most vague and weird story ever" contest. Let FROM Software and Kojima handle that shit. More than enough. It really doesn't help me to get into the game.

I thought the story was fantastic. Significantly better than most of Kojima's recent output, at least in my opinion. It kind of ends very suddenly but I loved the themes, atmosphere and tone.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man I really hope they don't listen to you guys. There are plenty of 'clear' stories told in videogames. Loved control and the way the narrative unfolded.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Maybe Sony shouldn't go after companies so much as IP. I would just ask Capcom for some dormant stuff to use if I had a group of Devs with a good idea for one. Sony ask SEGA to use Virtua Fighter IP etc...WWS is actually really big already, you don't want to get bloated unless you are Apple/MS/Google. Stay nimble.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Anyone having issues getting the Wrap Up website to work? No one at work can get it to load. We keep getting "Service Unavailable".

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I love Max Payne (especially 2) and Alan Wake, but responded very badly to Control, much to my dismay.

- Bland main character
- Irritating difficulty spikes (exacerbated by the checkpoint system and poor performance)

prefer Konami they have better IP.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I agree but why is Remedy fanning the flames by liking his posts, they should know better than that. Unless they are shitposting in this never ending shitpost world.

They are a publicly traded company there's no secrets here, if they were being purchased we'd know

it's tidux can we stop posting his shit

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree but why is Remedy fanning the flames by liking his posts, they should know better than that. Unless they are shitposting in this never ending shitpost world.

Because it can drive up their share price. They are already valued at $175M which is absurd considering their annual revenue is ~$20M and their free cash flow is ~$3M.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Lol You are trying way too hard. The game has received over 10 GotY awards already. You might not have liked it, but it's nowhere as bad as you are making it sound like.
I never called it a bad game. It's a 6/10 for me.

Why should I care about how many gotys it received? The Witcher 3 won a ton and I thought it was trash.

- Bland main character

same. Game probably needed another 6-12 months in the oven.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
They are not a potential acquisition target because they are too expensive.

The studio is valued at $175M today not including the required premium to the public price.

If Remedy was independent they would be a target, but as long as they are publicly traded and at that valuation (40x cash flow and 5x revenue) no one will be able to justify purchasing them.
Low key hope it happens now. Just so this post can be proven wrong 😂

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Sony shouldn't go after companies so much as IP. I would just ask Capcom for some dormant stuff to use if I had a group of Devs with a good idea for one. Sony ask SEGA to use Virtua Fighter IP etc...WWS is actually really big already, you don't want to get bloated unless you are Apple/MS/Google. Stay nimble.
If we're just talking about dormant IPs, they should just ring at Konami's door then.
Acquire all the IP rights except for Pachinko slot machines and bang, you got a deal!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.