• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Tomorrow should be fun.

What?

75b8cbf52bc246d5ec8ca65885b9e3f3.jpg

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I'll tell you what

I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow to the news of ps meeting announcement

This.

My last post is me putting some energy out there in the universe so I can wake up tomorrow for another Tuesday PS5 bomb to be dropped.

Say with me everyone.

Tomorrow should be fun. Tomorrow should be fun. Tomorrow should be fun. Tomorrow should be fun. Tomorrow should be fun. Tomorrow should be fun. Tomorrow should be fun. Tomorrow should be fun.

I'm losing what little I have left of my mind waiting for next gen greatness to arrive 😂😭

Lol <3

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Especially if one of the PS5's big marketing bulletpoints are the haptic feedback controllers they've been touting.

I couldn't agree more.

Eventually, sure, but that doesn't need to happen for the initial unveiling. Nintendo successfully launched the Switch with a 3 minute trailer and a Jimmy Fallon appearance. I expect a PS Meeting for the record but I also think we're moving away from more traditional forms of marketing.

They still use E3 2013 clips in 2019 hype clips. There's absolutely no way they don't capture that fan excitement, jaw dropped reactions, and genuine hype for a dialled in video. We agree on 99% here. But that fan reaction captured on film... Priceless.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Ya'll wilding with some of these tales you have told yourselves. They're clearly going to have a global event to announce the console. They're already doing even more than last year with announced events around the globe all year.

If you dream about that you've got too far to the deep end bud.

Let people have their fun, mate.

I really don't know what the hell their marketing strategy is supposed to be anymore. "Don't announce anything, don't talk about anything, let the competition completely build a negative narrative around you, and then occasionally give out bad news every couple of weeks" is certainly a strategy but I don't really see the goal behind it.

Ya'll are so fucking negative all the time in this place. They're making a monster of a console and have a huge 2020 lineup of games and all they've given is bad news. Can't stand this place sometimes.

I say give DriftingSpirit a tag.
he is an insider that delivers

Drifting Spirit of the Insider

What a weird marketing strategy.

Announcing a departure from an event is not a marketing strategy. It's an announcement just to set expectations.

Homie is here trying to tell ya'll folks to come visit him for the next month in NY and even mentioned it's the same venue where the prior two consoles were revealed and ya'll mad

Yup, announcing this shit but not announcing a replacement is a great way to kill the hype.

I mean, the only way for them to actually ruin this build up is if the entire presentation of games falls flat. Always possible for sure. But that would be extremely pessimistic of me to think it would do so this far out.

For me, its this combined with the fact that they've been mostly silent late 2018. It's like they're taking marketing tips from WB Montreal.

People seem pretty interested in what they're working on.

I mean, that logo reveal was dumb. It was exactly the same logo with a different number at the end.

It's a logo...

My only suspicion with Sony right now is that they seem to believe they have such a loyal fan base that it won't complain no matter what they do. Reminds me a bit of Apple with their consumers.

Ya'll go so far with this.

My guy DriftingSpirit is pound for pound one of the best insiders on this forum.

Really glad to see him finally get the recognition he deserves. Bless up

PS Legend

Ultimately the message was always there, last year Layden spoke at how in disagreement they were with the ESAbut we decided to believe it was because of lack or content and a one year only thing, probably because we really like Sony events.

Folks actually resulted to blaming Layden for them skipping E3 once he left/was let go. Funny how time answers all questions when it was obvious even then he was stating a company line.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Guilty Gear is exclusive?

Yes. Release is Q4 2020. I'm sure it'll at least come to PC sometime later but it's exclusive right now. Things like No More Heroes 3 or Deadly Premonition 2 are timed exclusives yet they're also counted as exclusives so I see no reason why this isn't.

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Regardless of how you feel about the decision, it's a bold move to not do E3 for the foreseeable future and I'd like to see if anyone else dares to follow.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Release is Q4 2020. I'm sure it'll at least come to PC sometime later but it's exclusive right now. Things like No More Heroes 3 or Deadly Premonition are timed exclusives yet they're also counted as exclusives so I see no reason why this isn't.

I think it'll be a PS5 title as well, based on director Akira Katano's comment here:

—There's going to be a playable demo at ARC Revo America 2019. Can you tell us what will be there?

Katano:
"It won't have all the features, but you can get an overall feel of the game. Please look forward to future news regarding which characters you will be able to use. Also, while we have announced that it will be released for PlayStation 4, it is not a PlayStation 4-exclusive title. For more information such as other hardware, please look forward to further news in the future."

No reason they couldn't announce an Xbox One or Switch version at the time of the interview, so PS5 is my logical deduction.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of how you feel about the decision, it's a bold move to not do E3 for the foreseeable future and I'd like to see if anyone else dares to follow.

I imagine that more will follow in the future. Creating fan specific events will allow companies to control the narrative a lot better and have the focus be entirely on their games for that period of time.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I think it'll be a PS5 title as well, based on director Akira Katano's comment here:

No reason they couldn't announce an Xbox One or Switch version at the time of the interview, so PS5 is my logical deduction.

Yep, makes sense. That's because it's probably not coming to them. Guilty Gear since Xrd has been console exclusive to PlayStation systems only. Only other platform being PC.

So its probably just PS4/PS5/PC.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I can only hope this announcement is a modern day Kaz "Why go first?" moment.
That was legendary, as were all the reversals that Sony did prior to the launch of the PS4. I remember they were reluctant to talk about used games on the PS4 whenever it was brought up, which made people expect that they wouldn't be allowed. Then at E3 they were like, nope, you can play used games on PS4. It's clear now that they were pulling a fast one on MS from the moment they started talking about PS4.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Yes. Release is Q4 2020. I'm sure it'll at least come to PC sometime later but it's exclusive right now. Things like No More Heroes 3 or Deadly Premonition 2 are timed exclusives yet they're also counted as exclusives so I see no reason why this isn't.
Wow that's crazy...Sony really killed it this gen, getting fighters as exclusive is harping back to PS2 days. I would try and keep PS4 alive and kicking for as long as possible.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll are so fucking negative all the time in this place. They're making a monster of a console and have a huge 2020 lineup of games and all they've given is bad news. Can't stand this place sometimes.

I need actual new announcements if I'm going to be excited for anything. I'm not interested in the hypothetical promise of a console Sony still refuses to formally reveal because vaguely-defined tech specs mean nothing to me, and I don't care about any of their 2020 games.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I need actual new announcements if I'm going to be excited for anything. I'm not interested in the hypothetical promise of a console Sony still refuses to formally reveal because vaguely-defined tech specs mean nothing to me, and I don't care about any of their 2020 games.

Vague? By god, the beauty of Al Gore's internet is I don't have to be here.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You will get 20 more Uncharted and The Last of Us games. Here you go!

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Wow that's crazy...Sony really killed it this gen, getting fighters as exclusive is harping back to PS2 days. I would try and keep PS4 alive and kicking for as long as possible.

Sony really turned around everything from PS3 to PS4 and returned back to their PS1\PS2 days. I think they'll be just fine. It'll all just carry over to PS5 so we'll see even more of this. :)

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I'd expect nothing less from the ultimate troll.

but seriously, maybe Shinji is in the dark regarding Sony's plans and was hyped to hear some news

No Shinji is a troll. He doesn't troll without trolling. But really, it's not rocket science that Square is going to be a major player in the PS5 reveal. At the PS4 reveal event they were there in a major way too, including Shinji trolling more.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Stop overreacting. Not everyone can look at shit like teraflops and get anything actionable out of them. If I don't have actual games to look at, why should I care about numbers on a spec sheet?

The funniest thing about this is they haven't even put out a spec sheet or said anything about teraflops. your misery is your happiness. Enjoy it.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
No Shinji is a troll. He doesn't troll without trolling. But really, it's not rocket science that Square is going to be a major player in the PS5 reveal. At the PS4 reveal event they were there in a major way too, including Shinji trolling more.
Yeah, at the very least I expect to see the Back Stage demo running on a PS5 kit and some troll tease about the next FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.