• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I will be SHOCKED if Dreams doesn't get at least a 95 on Meta. Has there ever been a video game this innovative? So many things to create and actually achieve it accurately.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
34135.gif
I barely managed to play a bit of KZ2 (went to friends house to play a bit), I've always kind of wondered why the series changes between each game. Mercenaries from what I've played vs what I see about KZ2 has more in common than KZ3 and SF. I decided to redownload KZ:Shadowfall again and just from the visual perspective, I just find it the game too much overload in colour and light which is very unappealing compared to mercenaries. I also don't like the level designs either which I feel even that was so much worse as well. Controls and shooting were fine at least, but as next gen game, I kind of expected more interactivity and larger scale involved. Levels kind of feel lifeless in comparison especially since i play BF quite significantly. Even the backdrops don't really look interesting at all.
I hope hordes in Days Gone 2 will be absolutely bonkers, like 10000 of them at once just flooding the horizon.
I don't think they need that much as 500 was already hard enough, maybe 1000 but free roaming around the world you can encounter by chance more times than what the game currently offers, more destructible environments to tackle the enemies, they could mix in absolutely savage enemies, the stronger smarter enemy types will go around and wait for you on the bottom, ambush you unexpectedly in the direction you're heading and how to make that solvable for players without being completely difficult could be via;
I hope that there's more to the injections that Deacon has being injecting himself beyond just simple upgrades and that he's also changing, being more versatile kind of like what was seen with O'brien could make it differentiate more in gameplay having to deal with different enemy types changes the situation dramatically

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Why ask them to do that much? It makes no sense at all given their size.

Oh, I know. Saber Interactive wanted to do a online mode for Days Gone but Sony rejected the idea. Maybe ask them if they are still willing to do it ;)

If not, well... I would sacrifice Days Gone 2 single player campaign for a Days Gone Online instead ;)

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I know. Saber Interactive wanted to do a online mode for Days Gone but Sony rejected the idea. Maybe ask them if they are still willing to do it ;)

If not, well... I would sacrifice Days Gone 2 single player campaign for a Days Gone Online instead ;)
World War Z is better than it had any right being and I still play it from time to time.

Aug 26, 2019
No suprise, but:
www.resetera.com

Jason Schreier (Kotaku Splitscreen) : "Sony will have PS5 only titles at launch"

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MuYXJ0MTkuY29tL2tvdGFrdS1zcGxpdHNjcmVlbg&episode=Z2lkOi8vYXJ0MTktZXBpc29kZS1sb2NhdG9yL1YwL2lZYXF0QmZuWEJKNnpxcjNndnpKVGdZR1NTT2U2VVdUbThiQ09tcHZLd0E&hl=en-IT&ved=2ahUKEwiNnYWqgKHmAhVKbVAKHYDKCAUQieUEegQIARAE&ep=6&at=1575634615373 Around 29:04. I...
Wonder if that report on PS5 launch titles is still in the works, hope so

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
I remember Godfall developers said that they are going to show more of the game in spring and i won't be surprised if PS Meeting is actually in spring this time

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Wonder if that report on PS5 launch titles is still in the works, hope so

Its going to come out after the reveals of those games. Jason wont just leak ps5 launch line up lol. He is probably talking to devs (sony/studios) might even support it and he is going in depth of development and other things. I just hope he is going all in, deep as he can, for as many studios as he can. I want to read about wws structure, different work methodics and culture and so on.

Sending positive energy in there Jason, you are golden.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Dreams will do incredibly well critically. Media Molecule has an excellent track record and is one of Sony's highest rated studios. Game has been in development since 2010. They were given all the time in the world by Sony to create exactly what they wanted to create.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Nowadays I play Dreams almost daily with my Nephew.
Every time we discover new amazing games.

Dreams is by far his favourite game now.

I'm sure that it will score 90+ on metacritic. This game deserves it.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I was reading through the "Sony will have launch exclusives thread" and came across something that blew my mind.

"Sony having launch exclusives is anti consumer"

Can someone explain this to me because I genuinely have never heard or seen that before but it's all over that thread?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Honest question, since 50%+ of announcement jokes involve the IP. How well would you honestly think an Ape Escape game would do in 2020?

Perhaps Ape Escape is a better choice for launch over Ratchet... Ratchet would sell damn well any time of the year, while AE would benefit ( a LOT) sales wise from being part of the launch lineup.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Ok so I was reading through the "Sony will have launch exclusives thread" and came across something that blew my mind.

Can someone explain this to me because I genuinely have never heard or seen that before but it's all over that thread?

Because Sony is "forcing" a new generation on people? Haha i dunno.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019

'Cause Sony is going to try to shift people to PS5 as quickly as possible, exclusives are a huge part of that. While Microsoft just wants you to buy into their games and/or services whenever and whichever way you can/wish (Cherry on top if it happens to be the newest Xbox).

So basically, people are pissed that Sony are doing what they, Nintendo, Sega, Atari, etc., have been doing (with proven success) since the inception of consoles.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because Sony is "forcing" a new generation on people? Haha i dunno.

The craziness of it is that it's posted so frequently in that thread and is in the starkest contrast with our own gaming history. We've had hardware/new generations launch with software playable only on that device. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a new console that didn't launch with software exclusive to that more advanced system.

Shit blew my mind lol

Either we are kneck deep in the enthusiast bubble or fully submerged in the enthusiast twilight zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.