• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
What is everyones PIE IN THE SKY hopes for The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Mine?

Its not just a regular death match thing whatever.

I would love if it was just more of a co-op kind of thing. Go out, do missions, raids, etc.
Like Division 2 style but in the tlou universe. So its still has tdm regular matches, but you can go out into the world yourself, get new gear, encounter other human players, communal camps that need supplies to stay alive and thrive.

Pretty much a GAAS game.

PS5 exclusive.
If they are going big with Factions this is my dream sequel:
-Make your own Survivor
-Set about a year after Day Zero
-Have a story mode/turorial (hell make a small co-op campaign with new levels after each expansion/season)
-Start with a small camp and a few survivors.
-These survivor will be the character you play as online. If you lose the match there's a chance of losing the character or lossing items/resources.
-The items/resources they bring from a match will further increase your group/camp.
-Keep the same modes but increase player count.
-New Modes with infected as a third party, maybe force players to work with each other rather than kill each other.
-If they have to include BR, make the goal of the mode last Man standing or allow last surviving players to get out of there once they have gotten a finite amount of resources.
-As for Monetization, I think selling customization options for your survivors and camp site could be the way to go.

On a more realistic take, I just want an expansion of the first Factions. More maps, higher player count etc. This would be enough to please me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they are going big with Factions this is my dream sequel:
-Make your own Survivor
-Set about year after Day Zero
-Have a story mode/turorial (hell make a small co-op campaign with new levels after each expansion/season)
-Start with a small camp and a few survivors.
-These survivor will be the character you play as online. If you lose the match there's a chance of losing the character or loading items/resources.
-The items/resources they bring from a match will further increase your group/camp.
-Keep the same modes but increase player count.
-New Modes with infected as a third party, maybe force players to work with each other rather than kill each other.
-If they have to include BR, make the goal of the mode last Man standing or allow some player get out of there once they gotten a finite amount of resources.
-As for Monetization, I think selling customization options for your survivors and camp site could be the way to go.

On a more realistic take, I just want an expansion of the first Factions. More maps, higher player count etc. This would be enough to please me.
I'd be down for that.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
If TLOU has a BR, I'd like it to be where if you are killed, you have the option to continue playing as infected. You would be super deadly, but also super weak and can easily be killed (again). This would give you the opportunity to take revenge on the one that killed you.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
If TLOU has a BR, I'd like it to be where if you are killed, you have the option to continue playing as infected. You would be super deadly, but also super weak and can easily be killed (again). This would give you the opportunity to take revenge on the one that killed you.
I thought Part II battle Royale was a thing, because the nature of the game's theme.

But since the game won't have MP at launch...

That's why I'm hoping for extra modes or something.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Mine?

I would love if it was just more of a co-op kind of thing. Go out, do missions, raids, etc.
Like Division 2 style but in the tlou universe. So its still has tdm regular matches, but you can go out into the world yourself, get new gear, encounter other human players, communal camps that need supplies to stay alive and thrive.

Pretty much a GAAS game.

PS5 exclusive.
I made a topic with 2 long ass posts a while back on this

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
PlayStation Meeting 2013 (PS4) was announced on Thursday, January 31 and took place on Wednesday, February 20, so the announcement could still be about three weeks away if we're limiting it to January.

The time between the announcement and the event was three weeks.

I'm hoping we get an earlier reveal in February, not later into the month like PlayStation Meeting 2013, so if that's the case hopefully we'll get that announcement next week like you're hoping. Seems they need at least a week to

Oh that makes a lot of sense actually. Hopefully it is next week but it's probably more likely to be end of January like you're saying. Early February could be likely too, it seems it just needs to have at least a two week gap to the actual event going by past history.

I don't think they can stay silent for too long though. That logo reveal got so much attention so they had to have noticed that plus, Dreams can't carry them for all of Jan/Feb. Whether there's a meeting or not, I think we're going to hear something within the next few weeks.

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still wondering if they might do one more Wired article in the next couple of weeks and at the end will announce the date of the PS Meeting. I'm sure there are tons of tidbits that could get into one more article that wouldn't normally be discussed much during the PS Meeting.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still wondering if they might do one more Wired article in the next couple of weeks and at the end will announce the date of the PS Meeting. I'm sure there are tons of tidbits that could get into one more article that wouldn't normally be discussed much during the PS Meeting.

The next thing they should drop is the PS Meeting teaser with the date/time.

Oct 26, 2017
Praying the multiplayer gods so ND MP game can be REALLY GOOD and highly profitable and Sony will start to greenlight mp games from their studios.

Oct 26, 2017

Mine?

Pretty much a GAAS game.

PS5 exclusive.

If they can create an MMO-lite simil State of Decay, PvP and PvE + continued support that's some good ass shit.

Deathmatch is getting tired, new experiences and PvE titles are welcome.

Oct 26, 2017
Guerrilla most likely has a multiplayer game in the works. Or at least a game with a multiplayer mode.

Hopefully it's good.

Sony is really leaving behind so much money by not having MP games with high production value.

We can argue that's risky if the project is not good, but a lot of AAA devs and indies managed to create big hits in the last couple of years (Dead by Daylight, Rocket League, Warframe etc..) and i'm confident Sony can do better.

If they can come up with a good concept and an interesting game loop, that's easy revenue for years.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's good.

Sony is really leaving behind so much money by not having MP games with high production value.

We can argue that's risky if the project is not good, but a lot of AAA devs and indies managed to create big hits in the last couple of years (Dead by Daylight, Rocket League, Warframe etc..) and i'm confident Sony can do better.

If they can come up with a good concept and an interesting game loop, that's easy revenue for years.

They've acknowledged that they want to be more successful in the multiplayer area. But they spent last-gen really trying to push multiplayer without anything really sticking. Then this gen they really struck gold with single-player games. That's why I brought up Guerrilla. Rather than rocking the boat in terms of single-player, they've gone on a hiring spree including picking up the director of Rainbow Six Siege. So there they're adding people who most likely want to make a multiplayer game. Which fits into their overall studio policy of letting studios do what they want instead of pushing them toward one thing or the other. Then you have ND putting putting together a team to make a multiplayer game. And that'll seemingly be allowed to stand on its own and be developed at its own pace instead of having to be ready to be shipped alongside the single-player mode.

I think we'll see a bigger multiplayer push from them next-gen. We'll just have to wait and see if they can finally get something to really stick like they have with single-player games.

Jan 20, 2019
Hopefully it's good.

You are in luck, because San Diego is working on fps, most likely a mp too.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think we'll get even more output from SIEWWS for PS5. Santa Monica are in a huge, monster of a building and have been hiring - they were meant to be a 1.5 team before GOW was announced. They've clearly got 2 IP on the go. Both Naughty dog and Guerilla are working on SP games and have teams working on seperate MP games. Insomniac have several teams and always have several games on the go and their newest studio is an exciting addition.

I think Shu will do great work with indies too so it should be very exciting.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What are everyone's predictions / wishes for the PlayStation 5 event in terms of game announcements?

Sony Interactive Entertainment
  • Demon's Souls (Bluepoint Games)
  • Guerrilla Games Project
  • Insomniac Games Project
  • SIE Japan Studio Project
  • Supermassive Games or Remedy Entertainment Project
  • Unpredictable Second-Party Project
Third-Party
  • Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok (Ubisoft) + Gods & Monsters, Watch Dogs: Legion, and Rainbow Six Quarantine montage
  • Capcom Project
  • Crash Bandicoot (Activision) (exclusive, timed at the very least)
  • Diablo IV + Overwatch 2 (Blizzard)
  • Final Fantasy XVI + VII Remake + Babylon's Fall (Square Enix)
  • Godfall (Gearbox Publishing)
  • Koei Tecmo Project
  • Platinum Games Self-Published Project
  • Shuhei's Indie Army
Pie-in-the-sky prediction: Project Re Fantasy.

I won't want to list too much as I'm sure I'm overestimating the amount of titles they'll show. I'm sure some will be saved for E3 / mid-year / whatever they decide to do.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
When your end of the generation looks like...

EN167VVX4AA6v8N

HighlevelBlackAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif
Bold prediction: All of these games will score at least an 85 on Metacritic

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What are everyone's predictions / wishes for the PlayStation 5 event in terms of game announcements?

Third-Party
  • Assassin's Creed: Ragnarok (Ubisoft) + Gods & Monsters, Watch Dogs: Legion, and Rainbow Six Quarantine montage
  • Capcom Project
  • Koei Tecmo Project
  • Shuhei's Indie Army

I won't want to list too much as I'm sure I'm overestimating the amount of titles they'll show. I'm sure some will be saved for E3 / mid-year / whatever they decide to do.
I won't post any prediction, but your is awesome.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo

Third-Party
  • Capcom Project
  • Koei Tecmo Project
  • Shuhei's Indie Army

I won't want to list too much as I'm sure I'm overestimating the amount of titles they'll show. I'm sure some will be saved for E3 / mid-year / whatever they decide to do.​

That would be nice but I'm guessing it's mainly tech talk with only a 2 or 3demos in there. The bulk show up as you said, later in the year for e3 etc.

I'm guessing for third party, batman, and first party, either bluepoints game or a Guerliia demo.

Aug 26, 2019
Just going based on the PS4 reveal:

- Killzone: SF (launch game)
- Knack (launch game)
- Infamous: SS (launch window game)
- Driveclub (Year 1 game)

PS5 reveal:

- Demon Souls (launch game)
- Ratchet and Clank (launch game)
- GT7 (launch window game)
- Horizon 2 (Year 1 game)

PSX 2020 (?)

- Spider-Man 2 (Year 1 game)

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018

Third-Party
  • Capcom Project
  • Koei Tecmo Project
  • Shuhei's Indie Army

Your prediction is unlikely to happen, there's too much stuff.
I predict:
Bluepoint remake
Godfall gameplay
Spiderman 2 teaser
2 games that we don't know the existence
AC Ragnarok

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Third-Party
  • Capcom Project
  • Koei Tecmo Project
  • Shuhei's Indie Army

Sony published

- GG Project
- GTS upgrade, hopefully with VR online races
- Bluepoint game
- Dreams PS5 upgrade
- Sony Manchester VR game (PS4 & PS5)
- Japan Studio with Astro Bot 2 (PS4 & PS5)
- Housemarque (a look at their first AAA game would be nice)
- Insomniac (probably R&C)
- Partnership announcement

3rd party

- Godfall
- AC Ragnarok
- Project Awakening PS5 announcement
- FF7R Part 2 first little infos

More wishthinking than a prediction but not total unrealistic.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

Third-Party
  • Capcom Project
  • Koei Tecmo Project
  • Shuhei's Indie Army

At least three of them will most certainly be there. I would love to see a Square Enix Sony exclusive project that isn't Final Fantasy. Like a Chrono Trigger remake. That's my pie in the sky prediction.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019

Third-Party
  • Capcom Project
  • Koei Tecmo Project
  • Shuhei's Indie Army

Could see a lot of them happening.
My guess:

SIE
  • Demon's Souls by Bluepoint
  • Horizon sequel from Guerilla
  • Ratchet & Clank from Insomniac
  • Something Japan Studio related (Ape Escape?)
  • 1 smaller new IP from a contracted dev (think something like Wild)
  • GT will absolutely show in some fashion - whether a GT Sport update or GT7
3rd-party
  • Something new from Ubisoft (AC or a new IP)
  • New Crash from Activision
  • Something next-gen only from Square (given proximity to FFVIIR release I don't see it being FF - maybe a new Nier?)
  • At least 2 indies given decent segment of time as well as usual montage
  • Capcom show up but basically say wait for E3
  • Godfall

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
PS5 reveal predictions:

Horizon 2 reveal with Fall 2020 release date (gets delayed to early 2021)

Bluepoints next project reveal

WB Montreal announces a new Batman coming Fall 2020

2 3rd party exclusive partnership announcements

Housemarque AAA announcement

2 more studio acquisitions (nothing major like Capcom and certainly not Bethesda)

GoW 2 teaser trailer to close.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Could see a lot of them happening.
My guess:

SIE
  • Demon's Souls by Bluepoint
  • Horizon sequel from Guerilla
  • Ratchet & Clank from Insomniac
  • Something Japan Studio related (Ape Escape?)
  • 1 smaller new IP from a contracted dev (think something like Wild)
  • GT will absolutely show in some fashion - whether a GT Sport update or GT7
3rd-party
  • Something new from Ubisoft (AC or a new IP)
  • New Crash from Activision
  • Something next-gen only from Square (given proximity to FFVIIR release I don't see it being FF - maybe a new Nier?)
  • At least 2 indies given decent segment of time as well as usual montage
  • Capcom show up but basically say wait for E3
  • Godfall
Id love a new R&C, the remake was so damn underrated. Never played the originals so with it being my first, it was a breath of fresh air.

Status
Not open for further replies.