• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Does anyone have any idea when in Feb. it will be? Osirisblack said 1 month 1 week and a few days away on Dec. 31st. So I am going to assume the 10th or 11th around there .
Since Sony probably won't care about disturbing Dreams launch, and since in 2013 PS meeting has been on a Wednesday, I think it could pretty much be any day. Wouldn't even be surprised if it's gonna be March.

Oct 25, 2017
Since Sony probably won't care about disturbing Dreams launch, and since in 2013 PS meeting has been on a Wednesday, I think it could pretty much be any day. Wouldn't even be surprised if it's gonna be March.
giphy.gif

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If it's in February we'll know about it within the next week.

PlayStation Meeting 2013 (PS4) was announced on Thursday, January 31 and took place on Wednesday, February 20, so the announcement could still be about three weeks away if we're limiting it to January.

The time between the announcement and the event was three weeks.

I'm hoping we get an earlier reveal in February, not later into the month like PlayStation Meeting 2013, so if that's the case hopefully we'll get that announcement next week like you're hoping.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
PlayStation Meeting 2013 (PS4) was announced on Thursday, January 31 and took place on Wednesday, February 20, so the announcement could still be about three weeks away if we're limiting it to January.

I'm hoping we get an earlier reveal in February, not later into the month like PlayStation Meeting 2013, so if that's the case hopefully we'll get that announcement next week like you're hoping.
Everybody going to be on edge during when the last week of Jan ends and there's no announcement.
I'm ready for SonyEra's "Is there a February Meeting happening?"

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
My goodness, the reaction if there isn't a February event lol.

Pretty much the entire industry is operating under the assumption it's going to happen.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Are we really that sure that Sony is going to mimic what they did for the PS4 when it comes to announcement?
Seems February is just a educated guess.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
My goodness, the reaction if there isn't a February event lol.

Pretty much the entire industry is operating under the assumption it's going to happen.

The most amazing thing is...people are expecting it because it happened one time...to reveal a single generation. It doesn't mean it'll happen again.
But i'm ready for the obvious "Sony delayed PS5's presentation. what happened?" without ever announcing anything lol

Oct 25, 2017
What is everyones PIE IN THE SKY hopes for The Last of Us Multiplayer?

Mine?

Its not just a regular death match thing whatever.

I would love if it was just more of a co-op kind of thing. Go out, do missions, raids, etc.
Like Division 2 style but in the tlou universe. So its still has tdm regular matches, but you can go out into the world yourself, get new gear, encounter other human players, communal camps that need supplies to stay alive and thrive.

Pretty much a GAAS game.

PS5 exclusive.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
The most amazing thing is...people are expecting it because it happened one time...to reveal a single generation. It doesn't mean it'll happen again.
But i'm ready for the obvious "Sony delayed PS5's presentation. what happened?" without ever announcing anything lol
Seriously!

I mean, a February event does make sense. It worked well once and it's a quiet time of the year but simply assuming it's going to happen seems illogical to me. Things are already different this time around what with the Wired articles and what Microsoft did at The Game Awards.

Gamers have a bad habit of playing things out in their heads and getting mad when reality doesn't end up being what they imagined or thought it should be.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

Mine?

I would love if it was just more of a co-op kind of thing. Go out, do missions, raids, etc.
Like Division 2 style but in the tlou universe. So its still has tdm regular matches, but you can go out into the world yourself, get new gear, encounter other human players, communal camps that need supplies to stay alive and thrive.

Pretty much a GAAS game.

PS5 exclusive.
Would absolutely love that given that it doesn't just turn into a thing where people randomly gun each other down the moment they see each other. Also would love it if they make it a thing where upon death you lose all non-cosmetic gear, or an in between where you can only keep a few items upon death but lose the rest.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 actually just missed out on the top 10 as it came in at 11

Pleasantly surprised that Automata made it into 14th as well.
That's really cool.

So true.

Stuff like the prospect of Spiderman 2, Horizon 2, God of War 2, Bloodborne 2, etc is what is going to sell PS5

It will be a sequel heavy beginning of gen, but it is what people want
Yeah, amazing games and just ready for their first sequels which is usually a great time as long they get nicely refined/expanded as expected of second games plus the benefits of improvements from being built for next-gen hardware.

Last edited:

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"I'm used to being the only one 90% of the time"

It's quite depressing we're still having these problems in 2020. Specially in this industry. Good thing that everything is changing though!
To be fair: I don't know how big these meetings are but I believe 80% of game developers are still men. Its simply an industry that attracts more men than women (just as my GF who is a makeup artist works with 90% women). It's good to have a bigger portion of female representation though.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
User Banned (1 Month): Sexism
"I'm used to being the only one 90% of the time"

It's quite depressing we're still having these problems in 2020. Specially in this industry. Good thing that everything is changing though!

Its really good. I am sure this big and talented studios as ssm hire devs because of their skills whatever the gender... but we really shouldnt be pushing that there has to be more women than men in this industry because it was the other way around up until now. I mean, there are still few times more guys playing and studying and being close to games than women, right?
Or maybe thats just my assumptions because in my area and country, girls just dont play... they dont watch movies as well so... things might be different in the states

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
I had to exit the metacritic / TLOU thread. Sheesh.

There are some things a man knows may not be worth his time...

To be fair: I don't know how big these meetings are but I believe 80% of game developers are still men. Its simply an industry that attracts more men than women (just as my GF who is a makeup artist works with 90% women). It's good to have a bigger portion of female representation though.

This is bullshit, but not the thread for a rebuttal.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil

The wait is going to be painful.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to hear sony we're not doing x or not y. I want them to say we're not doing x because we're doing z instead. It will be a let down to hear them say no e3 but if they say we're doing psx in may in multiple places, people wont mind as much.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Behind the scenes footage of The Last of Us of Troy Baker (Joel) almost pistol whipping Brandon Scott (Henry) in the face during Brandon's audition.

And Part 2 of the God of War - Worlds Collide Podcast, this time about the no-cut camera

Last edited:

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Behind the scenes footage of The Last of Us of Troy Baker (Joel) almost pistol whipping Brandon Scott (Henry) in the face during Brandon's audition.

Glad they were able to get that clip, it was fun listening to them describe it. If I had seen that for the first time without any knowledge of what was going on I would definitely believe he hit him.

Also, seeing that prop gun fly towards the general direction of that $50,000 camera would certainly make me shit my pants if I were him :)

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018

Mine?

Pretty much a GAAS game.

PS5 exclusive.

I mean, it's essentially a State of Decay, but... ya know... good. That's what I'm looking for.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground

Mine?

Pretty much a GAAS game.

PS5 exclusive.
I hope it's a Destiny-like, co-op loot game.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Troy seems to have a problem holding onto guns. In the alternate ending clip Neil brings up that Troy was supposed to break into the hospital room and grab a gun for a cutscene, but whenever Troy reached for the gun he'd keep dropping it and having to redo the scene over.

Oct 25, 2017
So, all I did was type in "The Last of Us" on Twitter and they're some REALLLY salty people pissed off that this game won GOTD from either Metacritic or Playstation's Twitter. 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.