• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
I had forgotten about the Granblue games :P
Lost Soul Aside isn't fully confirmed for this year yet. I'll update it when they do.

pjR4YfP.jpg

Whew, that lineup is looking so good.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
True. Of course they could just choose to tweet out another acquisition instead of waiting for the PS Meeting. In the meantime I'll just remain hopeful that something is brewing on that front until we get more info.
To be honest I'm surprised they didn't acquire another studio yet. I thought they were targeting 2 acquisitions in 2019. Only 1 so far. Maybe another one before the PS5 launches.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
While I know better, in the back of my mind the talk of the Zenimax acquisition and FGUK's tweet are still kicking around and I'm imagining the possibilities, lol.

A shame no credible sources were able to chime in on that rumor, even to discredit it.

Still hoping we'll see some movement towards acquiring any of the following in the very near future:

Bluepoint
Remedy
RAD
Housemarque
Supermassive
You're missing Kojima, the biggest acquisition and one that makes sense from both parties. I agree with BP, HM and I guess Remedy as well.

RAD needs one more game to get back in the groove because they fucked their chance up with 1886. Which is weird because that game oozes potential, the graphics, presentation, music, world, lore were all incredible. Story was pretty good and some of the guns were great. Super short, no replay value and awful boss fights hurt its ability to be a great game. To me, they would be ideal to jump on a proper Sony fighting game that plays exactly like God of War, 3rd person 1v1 with destructible environments like the first Stranger fight, dynamic in-game weather effects, Uncharted 4MP shit talking depending who it is and obviously show 3rd party characters.

I will never understand the love for Supermassive on here. They made 1 great game out of many attempts. The team they should have bought was Quantic Dream, but they managed to screw it up. Best team in the business in the genre.

Lost Soul Aside isn't fully confirmed for this year yet. I'll update it when they do.

pjR4YfP.jpg
If Horizon 2 makes it into 2020, Sony will have had a better year than X1's entire lifespan.

giphy.gif

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
To be honest I'm surprised they didn't acquire another studio yet. I thought they were targeting 2 acquisitions in 2019. Only 1 so far. Maybe another one before the PS5 launches.

Interesting. Was it a gut feeling that made you think they were targeting 2 acquisitions, or was it based on a rumor?

You're missing Kojima, the biggest acquisition and one that makes sense from both parties. I agree with BP, HM and I guess Remedy as well.

RAD needs one more game to get back in the groove because they fucked their chance up with 1886. Which is weird because that game oozes potential, the graphics, presentation, music, world, lore were all incredible. Story was pretty good and some of the guns were great. Super short, no replay value and awful boss fights hurt its ability to be a great game. To me, they would be ideal to jump on a proper Sony fighting game that plays exactly like God of War, 3rd person 1v1 with destructible environments like the first Stranger fight, dynamic in-game weather effects, Uncharted 4MP shit talking depending who it is and obviously show 3rd party characters.

I will never understand the love for Supermassive on here. They made 1 great game out of many attempts. The team they should have bought was Quantic Dream, but they managed to screw it up. Best team in the business in the genre.

If Horizon 2 makes it into 2020, Sony will have had a better year than X1's entire lifespan.

giphy.gif

D'oh yeah KojiPro is another logical choice. I know they say it's not a wise move since it relies so heavily on Kojima, but I think his relationship with Sony is tight enough that he'll want to finish his career with them. Not to mention they're the perfect choice to help him with his aspirations of creating movies, so it's the perfect fit!

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

pjR4YfP.jpg

Granblue Fantasy: Versus is February 6 for Japan / Q1 2020 international (though retailers list February 6, so likely same date worldwide).
Granblue Fantasy: Relink doesn't have a release window, not even just 2020.
Yakuza: Like a Dragon is general 2020, not late 2020.

Add (if ya can):

Babylon's Fall - Summer
Gungrave G.O.R.E - 2020
Sakura Wars - Spring

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
The team they should have bought was Quantic Dream, but they managed to screw it up. Best team in the business in the genre.
I think after the news about QD, I think Sony were in a position to avoid that. It was already bad enough that news started at the time Detroit was going to release but last month didn't really paint a good look at the company either.
I'm happy it did well, but please focus on new IP, Bend. Something that's not apocalyptic zombie adventure...
I want more of Days Gone though. There's so much more that can be done.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Both. I think even Sony knows they have to do more in that regard.

Yeah, the fact that they've been hiring for multiple positions that pertain to mergers and acquisitions these past several months also tells me they want to keep going. I find it hard to believe they would have hired for all of those spots just for the Insomniac acquisition, who were already as close to Sony as any studio could possibly be.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I really hope Iron Man VR will be great, impressions were very positive but that was only a short demo.

And I would love another PSVR announcement next SoP, only Iron Man VR and a few promising 3rd titles is a bit dry...

Jan 20, 2019
Yeah, the fact that they've been hiring for multiple positions that pertain to mergers and acquisitions these past several months also tells me they want to keep going. I find it hard to believe they would have hired for all of those spots just for the Insomniac acquisition, who were already as close to Sony as any studio could possibly be.

Yah that is really weird, because they have hired a lot and nothing happens.

Maybe they are more about 3 party deals that actualy aqusitions?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
From the PlayStation Store's Top Downloads of 2019 thread: top 100 PS4 by new amount of players via GamStat. I assume this includes players from PS+ and PSNow titles
Unofficial. New players in the last year. PS4 games only. Worldwide.

1. Apex Legends - 34.3M
2. Fortnite: Battle Royale - N/A
3. FIFA 20 - 17.1M
4. Grand Theft Auto V - 15.9M
5. FIFA 19 - 14M
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare [2019] - 13.8M
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Remastered) [2016] - 12.1M
8. Minecraft - 11.4M
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - 10.4M
10. Marvel's Spider-Man - 9M
11. Red Dead Redemption 2 - 9M
12. The Last of Us - 7.2M
13. Detroit: Become Human - 7M
14. Steep - 6.9M
15. God of War [2018] - 6.5M
16. Brawlhalla - 6.2M
17. Realm Royale - 6.1M
18. Batman: Arkham Knight - 5.7M
19. Dauntless - 5.6M
20. Sniper Elite 4 - 5.6M
21. For Honor - 5.4M
22. Call of Duty: Black Ops III - 5.2M
23. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege - 5.2M
24. Mortal Kombat X - 5.2M
25. Mortal Kombat 11 - 5.1M
26. NBA 2K19 - 5M
27. Days Gone - 5M
28. Warface - 4.9M
29. NBA 2K20 - 4.9M
30. Rocket League - 4.8M
31. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 4.8M
32. Sonic Mania - 4.4M
33. Borderlands 2 - 4.3M
34. MLB: The Show 19 - 4.2M
35. Hitman - 4.2M
36. Resident Evil 2 - 4.1M
37. Kingdom Hearts III - 4.1M
38. H1Z1 - 4M
39. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 4M
40. Call of Duty: WWII - 3.9M
41. Hitman 2 - 3.9M
42. EA Sports UFC 3 - 3.9M
43. Madden NFL 20 - 3.9M
44. Destiny 2 - 3.8M
45. FIFA 18 - 3.8M
46. Titanfall 2 - 3.7M
47. Horizon Zero Dawn - 3.7M
48. Overcooked - 3.6M
49. Conan Exiles - 3.5M
50. Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - 3.3M
51. Borderlands 3 - 3.2M
52. Battlefield V - 3.2M
53. Star Wars: Jedi - Fallen Order - 3.2M
54. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - 3.1M
55. Gran Turismo Sport - 3.1M
56. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 3.1M
57. Paladins - 3M
58. Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - 2.9M
59. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - 2.9M
60. Horizon Chase Turbo - 2.9M
61. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 2.8M
62. Need for Speed: Payback - 2.7M
63. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back - 2.7M
64. Crash Bandicoot: Warped - 2.7M
65. Nioh - 2.6M
66. Madden NFL 19 - 2.5M
67. Portal Knights - 2.5M
68. Star Wars: Battlefront II - 2.5M
69. Warframe - 2.5M
70. Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame - 2.5M
71. Crash Bandicoot - 2.4M
72. Monster Hunter: World - 2.4M
73. Fortnite: Save the World - 2.4M
74. Darksiders III - 2.2M
75. Death Stranding - 2.2M
76. Jump Force - 2.2M
77. Anthem - 2.2M
78. Outlast 2 - 2.1M
79. The Surge - 2.1M
80. Far Cry 5 - 2.1M
81. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 2.1M
82. The Sims 4 - 2.1M
83. eFootball PES 2020 - 2M
84. Heavy Rain - 2M
85. Overwatch (Origins Edition) - 2M
86. Ark: Survival Evolved - 2M
87. Devil May Cry 5 - 2M
88. Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 - 2M
89. Need for Speed: Heat - 1.9M
90. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - 1.9M
91. 3on3 Freestyle - 1.9M
92. Wipeout: Omega Collection - 1.8M
93. God of War III - 1.8M
94. Need for Speed - 1.8M
95. Crossout - 1.8M
96. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon - 1.8M
97. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! - 1.7M
98. Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 - 1.7M
99. Battlefield 1 - 1.7M
100. Bloodborne - 1.6M

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Granblue Fantasy: Versus is February 6 for Japan / Q1 2020 international (though retailers list February 6, so likely same date worldwide).

Add (if ya can):

Babylon's Fall - Summer
Gungrave G.O.R.E - 2020
Sakura Wars - Spring

It might be its final form (for now)

8IpFnMN.jpg

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Doesnt look so hot with so many games.. titles as sakura wars or guilty gear just takae place, sorry... and babylons fall looks like something very much mediocre.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Awesome, just lost everything I had on my PS4 because the system turned on and off by itself because of that BD drive screw problem. :)
PS5 MUST have a better build than this shit. This is the fourth or fifth time this happens to me.

Thank God I have PS +, so the saves have been saved (although I believe I lost a good portion of my progress towards platinum in RDR2). But I will have to spend the rest of the week installing and updating the games again.

It happened again, for the second time in the same week. un-fucking-believable
I was playing RDR2, the PS4 put itself in sleep mode and then shut down, corrupting the entire system.

I will probably download about 1tb of games and updates this week alone. I almost threw the console out the window.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't that PS2 picture all quality exclusives? Half of the PS4 one probably won't turn out that well.

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
'PlayStation Plus Plays' In-game challenges by PlayStation Australia

January 2020: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
February 2020: FIFA 20
March 2020: Rainbow Six: Siege

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Decent final year. 2017 and 2018 were my favorite PS4 years... let's see if 2020 can rival them.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Is it weird that I want Sony to purchase Bungie? I feel like they are the last big get as a developer that makes FPS games. (I know they are huge now in their number of staff).

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018

Add (if ya can):

Babylon's Fall - Summer
Gungrave G.O.R.E - 2020
Sakura Wars - Spring
What about 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Vanillaware)?

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

giphy.gif

Oh man I do hope so Horizon 2 happens...

Status
Not open for further replies.