• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Detroit is SIE IP like Death Stranding or Bloodborne.
NioH is Koei IP.
I know?
I'm talking about the weird criterias he used in that list. Like SFV is a Capcom IP. Nioh (NioH isn't a thing since a long time) is a marketing deal the same way.
Sony didn't help on Detroit. Only facts here.

There's no point making a list about AAA games done by Sony on PS4 if you include games they haven't worked on at all.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Having someone else paying for all promotion, distribution, etcetera, is a significant help by itself. Money that a studio doesn't spend in those areas, it can be put to shine on the game itself.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
How many hours until Sony's panel?
Not sure if I will be working or sleeping.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I feel you.

I'd be super hype for any sort of JRPG game from Sony. From a risk perspective though, LoD with it's existing hungry fanbase, could be a way for Sony to test the waters a bit going back to this genre. Sony would need one of their internal studios/partners to be willing to do it... Bluepoint is. C'mon Sony! lol
Yeah, or now might be a good time to finally work with Media.Vision again on a new Wild Arms if they are still short on internal JRPG staff. Each game has always been mostly separate in that series anyway and its scifi wild west setting still stands out.

SayWord

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
Yeah, or now might be a good time to finally work with Media.Vision again on a new Wild Arms if they are still short on internal JRPG staff. Each game has always been mostly separate in that series anyway and its scifi wild west setting still stands out.

Any day is a good day for Sony to release some JRPGs! ha.
I really miss those good ole days where JRPGs were more than just high-school dating simulators that seem to plague the genre now.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be great if the next GI trailer were for Part II, but with the delay it gives them a few extra months to have a cover for it.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Awesome, just lost everything I had on my PS4 because the system turned on and off by itself because of that BD drive screw problem. :)
PS5 MUST have a better build than this shit. This is the fourth or fifth time this happens to me.

Thank God I have PS +, so the saves have been saved (although I believe I lost a good portion of my progress towards platinum in RDR2). But I will have to spend the rest of the week installing and updating the games again.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I think they might reveal the PS5 meeting event at the end of ces today.

Thats what I hope at the least anyways.
Yeah if they do anything I still think that's the most likely thing they could do at this, since they generally haven't done much PS stuff at this event and they probably would have put out a video through the PS channel to get more people to watch if it was going to be something prominent.

Sucks that I'll probably be out until like 9pm though so I guess I'll see it later when I get back.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I know?
I'm talking about the weird criterias he used in that list. Like SFV is a Capcom IP. Nioh (NioH isn't a thing since a long time) is a marketing deal the same way.
Sony didn't help on Detroit. Only facts here.

There's no point making a list about AAA games done by Sony on PS4 if you include games they haven't worked on at all.

SIE XDev Europe worked on Detroit and so did many of the internal SIE staff that deal with production, localization, QA, marketing, creative services, development tools, etc...

no big game like this is made in a vacuum solely by the developer as some people think. Saying ''Sony didn't help on Detroit'' isn't true
Dreams would be nice and a good promotion.

They gave a 9,5 for the ea version.

Dreams got a cover already, don't think they'll do another one

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
SIE XDev Europe worked on Detroit and so did many of the internal SIE staff that deal with production, localization, QA, marketing, creative services, development tools, etc...

no big game like this is made in a vacuum solely by the developer as some people think. Saying ''Sony didn't help on Detroit'' isn't true
You know perfectly what I meant by that (credits are available to everyone).
XDEV helped on QA and tying together some other services (like localization and marketing), but that's indeed to be expected for a publishing role. Unlike the development role for DS and BB. Which the whole point was about, putting out a list of exclusives mixed and matched with various criterias, and behaving like Sony had a development role in those games.

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
Folks! We know that insiders only comment in here to quash untrue rumours when people get too carried away with them. So what we have to do is start a rumour and get everyone fully behind it, claiming it must be true, then someone will undoubtedly come in to dash everyone's hopes. Then we keep going with new rumours until we hit one that nobody in the know tries to deny... Foolproof.

Nazgûl

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
Folks! We know that insiders only comment in here to quash untrue rumours when people get too carried away with them. So what we have to do is start a rumour and get everyone fully behind it, claiming it must be true, then someone will undoubtedly come in to dash everyone's hopes. Then we keep going with new rumours until we hit one that nobody in the know tries to deny... Foolproof.
There is a romour that The Order 1887 is in the works. 👀

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
You know perfectly what I meant by that (credits are available to everyone).
XDEV helped on QA and tying together some other services (like localization and marketing), but that's indeed to be expected for a publishing role. Unlike the development role for DS and BB. Which the whole point was about, putting out a list of exclusives mixed and matched with various criterias, and behaving like Sony had a development role in those games.

Sorry, my intent wasn't to try to defend any weird list someone else put together, I'm trying to generate a discussion around the definition of this ''development role''.

I'd argue, and I know many other people amongst enthusiasts, press and devs would think the same, that all of those roles like production, QA, localization, marketing & PR and many others, are also game development. So yes, a bunch of SIE personal had development roles in this game, the same with any other externally developed Sony game.

Oct 25, 2017
duPj7kr.gif

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Lots of interesting stuff going on at the moment. Sony and people teasing something at CES.. Nvidia rocking up at Playstation HQ.

Very interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.