• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Demon's Souls Remake PS5 launch title
Ratchet & Clank February 2021
Horizon 2 September 2021

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
The trailer will be 2021 I think ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You don't think a Horizon 2 trailer will be at the PS5 reveal event? That's a bold prediction, because I see that trailer as 99% guaranteed to be there. It's the most likely of the big name sequels to be announced there since it was the first to release. God of War, Spider-Man was later and Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch are still on PS4 game.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
You don't think a Horizon 2 trailer will be at the PS5 reveal event? That's a bold prediction, because I see that trailer as 99% guaranteed to be there. It's the most likely of the big name sequels to be announced there since it was the first to release. God of War, Spider-Man was later and Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch are still on PS4 game.
Yeah, if they showed inFamous SS at PS Meeting 2013, they will definitely show Horizon sequel if it's planned for launch or Feb/March 2021

Nov 21, 2017
Horizon 2 will be a Q1 2022 game. They will aim for Fall 2021 but it will slip just like the first game but Sony is perfectly fine with delays if it ultimately results in a better game. Ain't no way the game will be ready for Feb/March 2021. Horizon 2 is going to be a big jump from the first game, Guerrilla still haven't moved to their new studio yet so their team size has not yet hit the 400+ goal. Not to mention a big portion of their current team just helped to develop Death Stranding and they also have part of their team also working on a multiplayer game.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I think we'll see a teaser/trailer from Guerrilla in the vein of Hellblade 2's, but I'm not expecting it to be Horizon 2 actually. I once heard they were working on a shooter again, but we'll see.

GreenEarth

alt account
Banned
Oct 24, 2019
Horizon 2 will be a Q1 2022 game. They will aim for Fall 2021 but it will slip just like the first game but Sony is perfectly fine with delays if it ultimately results in a better game. Ain't no way the game will be ready for Feb/March 2021. Horizon 2 is going to be a big jump from the first game, Guerrilla still haven't moved to their new studio yet so their team size has not yet hit the 400+ goal. Not to mention a big portion of their current team just helped to develop Death Stranding and they also have part of their team also working on a multiplayer game.
I disagree. It will not take 5 years to make a sequel, that is new IP length territory.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Horizon 2 will get a full GoW like reveal in February and have launch date announced for 2021 if not February then it's definitely happening at E3.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Am i alone in thinking that the upcoming PS5 line-up is a tad to predictable/save?

Don't get me wrong we don't know for sure it's going to be like we think but...

- New Horizon
- New Spider-Man
- New God of War
- New Uncharted
- New Last of Us
- New Gran Tusimo
- New Ratchet & Clank
- New Days Gone
- New Ghost of Tsushima

Then some Remasters, VR only games and smaler new titles...

Sure Naughty Dog will probably release a new ip before TLoU3 but man this list is both awesome and sad for me. Many games are only getting their second game but something brand new would go a long way...

At least we can count on Naughty Dog.

And i'm sure there going to be one or two big new ips from sony (not bought 3rd party exclusives).

Agree, i think they are going with does titles on 2021, fall up with Gow and the new san diego ip in 2022.

Isn't that the rumored new Uncharted Studio?

Wouldn't call that a new ip.

Last edited:

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Sony should have bought Tarsier Studios, love Statik for PSVR and I believe Tarsier asked for a publisher a longer time ago....

But at least they got acquired from a multi publisher.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Am i alone in thinking that the upcoming PS5 line-up is a tad to predictable/save?

- New Horizon
- New Spider-Man
- New God of War
- New Uncharted
- New Last of Us
- New Gran Tusimo
- New Ratchet & Clank
- New Days Gone
- New Ghost of Tsushima

Sure Naughty Dog will probably release a new ip before TLoU3 but man this list is both awesome and sad for me. Many games are only getting their second game but something brand new would go a long way...

And i'm sure there going to be one or two big new ips from sony (not bought 3rd party exclusives).

Isn't that the rumored new Uncharted Studio?

Wouldn't call that a new ip.

I'm going to guess Guerilla is also working on a new IP next to Horizon, it's rumoured Cory Barlog is making a new IP at Santa Monica, after Last of Us p2 Naughty Dog will work on a new IP, Ghost of Tsushima will entirely depend on the succes. Also there's Japan Studio that almost always builds new games. There will be a healthy mix of new IP and sequels.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us is going to crush the buildings in that poll but I voted for God of War. It's the first game that immediately comes to mind when I think Game of the Decade.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
All this PS5 talk and I am feeling low that Driveclub 2 is never going to happen, the insane potential the game has for the sequel all lost :(, at least remaster the original for 1440p/60fps maxed out settings for PS5 sony!

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think you just need ONE title that isn't available nowhere else and be great. Rest will be carried by others.

Making big games is hard.

I disagree.

I just don't see anything capturing the broader mindshare than COD and FIFA here in Europe. Given how Sony will have chunks of exclusive content and the marketing deal for both... One exclusive just seems convoluted. Essentially Sony's marketing competing against itself. A smaller indie title during that launch window would work well. WiLD would be the sweet spot, in my opinion of course.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Let's say the XSX is 12.2tf and Ps5 12.9tf, what possbile difference would that even make?

Nothing you'd see for years.

- New Uncharted
- New Last of Us
- New Ratchet & Clank
- New Ghost of Tsushima

We don't know any of those are for sure going to happen anytime soon.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Im very curious about what first-party games will be there day-one too, but Im not anticipating anything huge really. Just looking back at their home console launches, the first-party games released alongside the consoles hardly matter in the long run. Just look at the games available with the PS4 for example, only one that would probably make a top 20 best SIE games of the gen is Resogun, the game with the least exposure and scope in that launch too

But differently from the PS4, we should be getting big games way sooner this time, which is very exciting.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- New Horizon
- New Spider-Man
- New God of War
- New Uncharted
- New Last of Us
- New Gran Tusimo
- New Ratchet & Clank
- New Days Gone
- New Ghost of Tsushima

We just got Days Gone & Death Stranding, and we're about to get Tsushima, all brand new AAA IP's.

Who are you comparing Sony's upcoming output to anyway?

Nintendo is basically in sequel factory territory right now.

Microsoft has another Halo, another Gears, another Froza, a sequel to Hellblade, a rumored 4th Fable and.... that's about all we know so far regarding their big games.

So personally Sony has been doing ace compared to the competition.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
The way PS4 announcements ramped down significantly in 2018 and with 2020's line-up all being games announced years ago has me excited to see the PS5's slate of games. It's pretty clear Sony has been sitting on stuff and almost certainly moved a few projects over.

I expect the flow of quality first party games to be much stronger than this generation. Even with Bloodborne PS4 started slow on the exclusive front and didn't REALLY start picking up until around 2016.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

- New Horizon
- New Spider-Man
- New God of War
- New Uncharted
- New Last of Us
- New Gran Tusimo
- New Ratchet & Clank
- New Days Gone
- New Ghost of Tsushima

I think the big advantage sony have here is they will always have their big hitters to fall back on whilst they expirement with other titles like they have this gen.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

- New Horizon
- New Spider-Man
- New God of War
- New Uncharted
- New Last of Us
- New Gran Tusimo
- New Ratchet & Clank
- New Days Gone
- New Ghost of Tsushima

Did you not think the new IPs of this gen would get sequels? That's 4 new ones if you include Spider-Man plus a complete overhaul of GoW, no studio keeps releasing new IPs specially with the investment AAA games are required.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
There will new IPs, always are, but the PS5 probably is going to be sequel heavy in its first couple years. Unless someone like Studio Japan or a third party partner turns out to be working on a huge new IP, I think it'll be a while before we see a new IP as a major tentpole release.

(Naughty Dog's next major project is probably going to be a new IP)

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019

- New Horizon
- New Spider-Man
- New God of War
- New Uncharted
- New Last of Us
- New Gran Tusimo
- New Ratchet & Clank
- New Days Gone
- New Ghost of Tsushima

We got a lot of new stuff from Sony this generation, it is not even close to remotely realistic that these would be one and one games. The risk involved in making Horizon for example would have been enormous, you don't stick the handing and just walk away from that.

Ghosts hasn't even released yet, GoW, Spider-Man, Horizon and Days Gone have so much to build on it's unbelievable, I really can't wait for those sequels to come out since the groundwork has been laid.

I would definitely say it would be a huge shame if there is a new studio Sony has made just for a new Uncharted because those games are really shit, we've also had four of them. But if the new studio starts off with Uncharted to establish themselves and move on from that, then it's a okay.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Sony hasn't announced a new AAA tentpole from an internal studio since Ghost of Tsushima in late 2017. We're talking over 2 years at this point. Regardless of when their games are scheduled for release on PS5, I expect the period between February and June 2020 to contain the biggest slate of game announcements ever from Playstation. I'd be disappointed with anything less.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to guess Guerilla is also working on a new IP next to Horizon, it's rumoured Cory Barlog is making a new IP at Santa Monica, after Last of Us p2 Naughty Dog will work on a new IP, Ghost of Tsushima will entirely depend on the succes. Also there's Japan Studio that almost always builds new games. There will be a healthy mix of new IP and sequels.

Wasn't it rumored that Guerilla was working on a second title, not a new ip necessarily? Could be a new attempt at Killzone, especially with a MP-only entry.

Do you really think Sony would let Cory develop a new ip before releasing GoW 2? After that i believe that Cory will get his new ip.

I'm sure Naughty Dogs new ip will be their next game. After that we'll see TLoU2 at the end of this new gen.

Japan Studio will deliver more i'm sure. Looking forward to it.

I see no problem with this lineup tbh. All of those sequels look hype 😎

They surely do.

We just got Days Gone & Death Stranding, and we're about to get Tsushima, all brand new AAA IP's.

Who are you comparing Sony's upcoming output to anyway?

Nintendo is basically in sequel factory territory right now.

Microsoft has another Halo, another Gears, another Froza, a sequel to Hellblade, a rumored 4th Fable and.... that's about all we know so far regarding their big games.

So personally Sony has been doing ace compared to the competition.

You're right.

I'm looking forward to each and every one of theose titles but on the other hand it feels kinda strange to almost know how this next gen is going to work in terms of the big hitters. Sure Microsoft and in part even Nintendo work like this but i enjoyed sonys willingness to take a gamble.

I think the big advantage sony have here is they will always have their big hitters to fall back on whilst they expirement with other titles like they have this gen.

This is my hope.

Did you not think the new IPs of this gen would get sequels? That's 4 new ones if you include Spider-Man plus a complete overhaul of GoW, no studio keeps releasing new IPs specially with the investment AAA games are required.

Of course they'll get sequels but i really hope ony will find a good balance between these sequels and some fresh takes.

Status
Not open for further replies.